[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2022/23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Of course I do. I have a hoodie with eagles all over it and my chosen warm headgear is an eagles winning Super Bowl hat which I wear to the Albion too…it’s warm.
I've got an Eastbourne Eagles speedway hoodie with just Eagles on the back which I've warn many a time at the Amex without anyone saying a thing...

A big Detroit Lions fan with West Ham my birth team...Not an ideal match !

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Very good, but you can understand that if an Albion fan had a free unattached choice of which of the 32 NFL teams to support, avoiding the Eagles is a legitimate one, or a team that plays in blue and red.....come to think of it, the Bills colours are Blue and Red, so that is another one to avoid! ha ha.

I don't have an NFL team, I just kind of watch it unattached. Perhaps I should dive in and commit to following someone...who plays in stripes?? 😁

with me our head office was in philli and I was taken to an eagles game many years ago and loved it.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Steelers have still not fired Matt Canada of OC.

Great debut season from George Pickens, we really know how to find a WR. Kenny Pickett came on leaps and bounds this season, but we desperately need to upgrade our O-Line for him.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Tua now ruled out of the Dolphins/Bills game, Bridgewater not expected to start, the Dolphins will be using QB3 Skylar Thompson...

The biggest news of my day - Damar Hamlin has been released from the Buffalo Hospital... miraculous recovery!
Not to mention Micah Hyde back on on the practise field. Good day all round for the Bills.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Radio 5 and Talkshite both cover NFL games. I used to listen to some of the US local radio stations online but then NFL stopped them being broadcast so they could push people to use AudioPass.
Yes There was an app , like radio garden
( which is Currently only UK , overseas blocked )
Did stumble across it fairly recently But the name escapes me
Had to insert a Zip code to use it Have a suspicion it was talked about on here at the time ( 90210 Beverley Hills )got you in

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
A big Detroit Lions fan with West Ham my birth team...Not an ideal match !

You'd probably get on with my best mate over here in Saltdean. Huge Lions fan (lived in Detroit for 10 years through the Sanders era) & has stuck with them all this time, but born a stones throw from the Den and grew up a Millwall fan.

Actually, maybe not such a good idea.... :LOL:

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
TBH, no I don’t think we do.

Reckon SF will see us off with ease, but I’m just stoked to have had such a promising season after almost every pundit wrote us off.

Geno Smith has more than exceeded expectations, and there are a bunch of genuinely promising youngsters coming through - Woollen, Walker, Cross: all in their first season and all outstanding. If we use our draft picks (and Denver’s!) well, we could be building a contender team again.

Add in the schadenfreude of seeing Wilson tank in Denver, and it’s been a fun ride.
It definitely has been a fun ride, I had very low expectations going into the season, and Geno has been way better than I thought he would be - we really don't miss Wilson at all and we clearly made the right move at the right time.

Not expecting much on Saturday but then we were 7-9 and up against the Superbowl Champs in the wild card once and then Beastquake happened (although the 2013 NFC Champ game just outdoes that for WTF moments)

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Honestly dont remember, but I look back on those days with a great deal of fondness - even if the signal was terrible!
"This is the AFRTS parade of sports"... That was my essential listening every Sunday night of my childhood - it was 873 on medium wave and the signal was shocking!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Well it looks like Todd is not finished with buying teams, and he may beat Bezos to the punch with The Commanders. I can only hope if successful we get the LA Dodgers Boehly and not the Chelsea one

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Jags have come so far this season but this is an utter meltdown. 17-0 down in the first quarter and Lawrence has thrown 3 interceptions. It’s all over.

Jags have come so far this season but this is an utter meltdown. 17-0 down in the first quarter and Lawrence has thrown 3 interceptions. It’s all over.
Was planning on staying up for all of this game, but no way am I doing that if the bloody Bolts are going to just run away with this from here. Very reminiscent of when their Defence absolutely made life hell for Lamar Jackson in his rookie season in the 2018-19 Wildcard round, even if the box score (at the time of posting) isn't as close as it was in that game.

Looking like it'll be a tale of two one-sided performances in the box score tonight, though Hawks @ 49ers was far from that up until late in the 3rd. Seahawks, Geno and DK Metcalf in particular were holding their own up until that massive strip sack from Omenihu which was recovered by Bosa just outside the redzone. All fell apart from there. Niners really look capable of steam rolling their way past anyone right now.

Looking like I'll just be rooting for the lesser evil of our AFC West rivals to make it through to the Conference Championship to face the Bills or Bengals. Not even going to presume that the Ravens or Dolphins have a hope in hell of progressing with 2nd/3rd string QBs starting. Only game I'm really interested in tomorrow is Giants @ Vikes. I really believe that Big Blue can pull off the upset win given how fraudulent the Vikings overall record has been this season (13-4 with a -3 point differential).

Last edited:

30-20 at the end of the 3rd quarter. We have a game!
Wasn't able to get to sleep, so have tuned in again after seeing the turnaround in fortunes for Jacksonville.

Would be the most Charger thing if they somehow go on to lose the game from here and would also be absolutely hilarious. IF they go on to lose from here, would be completely on Staley and would think his job might be on the line with consistent poor decision making the last few years and the looming presence of Sean Payton, who'd love to get a chance to work with a QB like Herbert. Mike Williams missing this week because of a needless back injury picked up in Week 18 when they had nothing to play for was completely avoidable when knowing how banged up the Chargers WR core has been this season.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Awesome. Well done @DarrenFreemansPerm, a superb turnaround!

Sadly my Seahawks fell short as feared – still, we lead 17-16 at HT before the 49ers ran away with the second half. We can be proud of that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports