Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Official middle-aged man's Craft Beer thread ****

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Siren Craft Brewery The Tickle Monster Triple IPA aged on cedar wood with sunshine and White Stripes playing loud.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Craft had a Thornbridge Dopplebock on last night. Only had a sip, quite sweet but will go back to that. 8%

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Craft had a Thornbridge Dopplebock on last night. Only had a sip, quite sweet but will go back to that. 8%

My word. Most things Thormbridge turn their hand to taste fantastic; I'd love to try this.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My word. Most things Thormbridge turn their hand to taste fantastic; I'd love to try this.

Quite. My local has Thornbridge Jaipur, Kipling and Citra all coming on cask in the coming week or so with a Jaipur also on the keg. I actually much prefer the Keg variety. They often do that one in Craft. I struggle to drink any beer over 5.8 or so unless it's on tap.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Quite. My local has Thornbridge Jaipur, Kipling and Citra all coming on cask in the coming week or so with a Jaipur also on the keg. I actually much prefer the Keg variety. They often do that one in Craft. I struggle to drink any beer over 5.8 or so unless it's on tap.

Lucky man. I love both Jaipur and Kipling. And agree about the keg comment. I've had Jaipur from both keg and cask and much prefer keg...seems to have more life in the glass. Me and some chums are planning a Sheffield beer weekend around the Rotherham next season....

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Lucky man. I love both Jaipur and Kipling. And agree about the keg comment. I've had Jaipur from both keg and cask and much prefer keg...seems to have more life in the glass. Me and some chums are planning a Sheffield beer weekend around the Rotherham next season....
Well you might struggle to get out of the station at Sheffield. Apparently the Sheffield Tap inside it is pretty awesome.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Probably doesn't quite meet the 'craft' criteria, but has anyone tried Guinness's new Golden Ale? Just picked up a possibly flat bottle from the supermarket and it really is a poor, tasteless effort.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For those interested, BrewDog are looking to raise £25m via another Equity For Punks round. Details here: https://www.brewdog.com/equityforpunks

Minimum investment is £95 and comes with these benefits:

Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 19.37.43.png

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Last week I fortunate to attend the Craft Brewers Conference in Portland, OR with 11,000 of my fellow Brewery Association Members. A good time had by all. It is remarkable how many Craft Breweries there are in the US and how many new ones are opening (one every 18 hours!!!!).

For those interested, I attach a link to an article published today. As a Craft Beer Industry guy, I can tell you that the journalist is right on the money. http://www.thrillist.com/drink/nati...aft-brewing-is-about-to-go-to-war-with-itself

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
think its inevitable, anyway its about time we had an English lager brand, seeing as we drink so much of the stuff, this would be a good one to grow. SABMiller own Pilsner Urqell to no bad affect im aware of, and have brought their cask lager to London town (keep missing it though)

I recently helped organize a blinded Pilsner tasting of 6 beers. Pilsner Urqell was included.....and came last by a long long way.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
think its inevitable, anyway its about time we had an English lager brand, seeing as we drink so much of the stuff, this would be a good one to grow. SABMiller own Pilsner Urqell to no bad affect im aware of, and have brought their cask lager to London town (keep missing it though)

Out of interest what's your thinking behind "good.....to grow?" What do you want it to be, and why?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here