Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Match Thread ****Crystal Palace -V- Brighton and Hove Albion****

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Palace would have got that but disgusting decisions by ref. Scrappy performance by all involved. Bad day for all.

Princes Bold

Nov 14, 2012
You sure you're not the Italian national team? Dive as soon as you get near the penalty box and go fall down like school girls, just like the Italians.

We're top of the league, we're top of the league, we're Crystal Palace, we are top of the league. Just accept it.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Exactly!! Brighton fouling our players like mad, yet many here are saying its cheating Palace, you just have to admit our silky attackers are too quick for Brighton's slow thugish defending bringing them down. Brighton just being ripped apart by a superior team, stop clutching at straws blaming the ref.

Now now lad its only a game. Well done to Palace, well deserved.

D

Deleted member 18477

More reckless tackling, this time from Hammond - shocking.

well played. did palace dive a little? yes. did we try and kick the shit out of you unfairly though? yes! 3-0? should have been 6-0! Bolasie class!

another rubbish performance from gus and his boys! think i've only seen 1 good one this year (v sheff weds).

i hope palace go up so that our fans, players and manager can just concentrate solely on promotion and not murray and the derby throughout the whole season! the murray thing was always going to come back to haunt gus. and then he spews some shit about us not being able to afford him? i'd rather have murray than sick note vicente! FFS murray? NO! FFS GUS!!!!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
OK it sounds like a couple of our players have played a shocker and played right into Palace's hands. However I really feel that Gus is a combination of being naive and being too cocky with much still to learn at this level.

Surely he needed to send the team out knowing it would be a hostile crowd, there would be Palace players testing the Ref all over the pitch, so would be a day for cool heads and not getting lured into rash tackles, even if things start to go wrong. OK you hope for a decent Ref who will stand up against the simulation but Gus should be able to motivate the team so IMHO he has to take the flack. The main issue is whether he learns from this - if not we will never be convincing contenders.

Not sure you can blame Gus. Team looking nervous for the first 10 mins, Bruno had a shocker, including pass lead to Dunk issue. Dunk shouldn't have been sent off but after that it was only a matter of time before they scored. CMS and Barnes could (should) have scored but didn't. Odd no defender on bench though, that was a strange call.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
You sure you're not the Italian national team? Dive as soon as you get near the penalty box and go fall down like school girls, just like the Italians.

I know you're angry, but if you really think either of those were not penalties then you're having a laugh. FWIW, Buckley could easily have had one first half but he threw himself over as well, nice touch considering he's apparently a clean player.

The ref helped us, but my word your discipline was atrocious. Crofts could have easily been sent off for a blatant elbow on FFS as well.

The red card obviously changed it, but we were utterly, utterly dominant today from the word go.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Spineless.

No one stood up, I could'nt care less if we had 10 men.

I can take lossing if we make a game of it we did'nt.

Bruno terrible pass to Dunk and a terrible touch by Dunk. Greer did push Murray.

Poyet & Bloom made a huge mistake letting Murray go and never replacing him all this crap about money, we went out and spunked around £3m on CMS and Hoskins.

Palace are not great but what they are positive and direct, Gus take note.

Playing the way we do we need to improve personnel in nearly every position if we want to get out of this league if we dont we are in danger of boring the pants off those attending the Amex.

Player ratings 2 for everyone including Gus.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We're top of the league, we're top of the league, we're Crystal Palace, we are top of the league. Just accept it.

We don't cheat , we aim to get there by playing football. Palace are the most despised team in this league.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I know you're angry, but if you really think either of those were not penalties then you're having a laugh. FWIW, Buckley could easily have had one first half but he threw himself over as well, nice touch considering he's apparently a clean player.

The ref helped us, but my word your discipline was atrocious. Crofts could have easily been sent off for a blatant elbow on FFS as well.

The red card obviously changed it, but we were utterly, utterly dominant today from the word go.

Sadly I agree with most of this. Several players lost their heads towards the end.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
I'm more worried that we've only won 8 in 20. I think we have an amazing team, so the problem is else where....... Make of that what you will

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
No defender on bench cost us. We didn't play our usual football after going to 10 men. The ref fell for the dives and Palace cheated all the way. Beat them at the Amex.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Obviously pleased with the victory but think its a shame you went down to ten men so early. Would have been a far better game - and probably much closer - from the glimpses we saw of your attacking play. Had the makings of a really good match from the opening few minutes.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Well what formation were you talking about then out of interest? I still have faith in Gus although he does seem to bottle these sort of matches.

This is a very good point, in much as any team that is going to progress and get better and climb the league will by the very nature of the game have more and more high profile fixtures. It's called the reward for success and everytime we have a big match Poyet picks a negative side and we get stuffed. He has never heard the term, that the best form of defence is attack.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Spineless.

No one stood up, I could'nt care less if we had 10 men.

I can take lossing if we make a game of it we did'nt.

Bruno terrible pass to Dunk and a terrible touch by Dunk. Greer did push Murray.

Poyet & Bloom made a huge mistake letting Murray go and never replacing him all this crap about money, we went out and spunked around £3m on CMS and Hoskins.

Palace are not great but what they are positive and direct, Gus take note.

Playing the way we do we need to improve personnel in nearly every position if we want to get out of this league if we dont we are in danger of boring the pants off those attending the Amex.

Player ratings 2 for everyone including Gus.

Exactly, this is such pure SHIT that we couldn't afford to keep him, I'm sick to death of Gus saying he was too expensive, it's f***ing horseshit.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
You could argue that Dunk fouled someone after miscontroling the ball, playing tippy tappy across the back line. Murray should never have been allowed to leave and maybe Greer is being found out at this level. Add to the the team selection after a win midweek and some might argue otherwise. But your right of course, the manager has nothing to answer for at all, never has.

You could argue our tippy tippy style won us promotion in style and has taken us to our highest league finish in yonks.

Murray wanted more than we could afford. Greer was immense last season at this level. 2nd in POTS if I recall correctly?

Painter, who has struggled with fitness before plays two games in a week, and is replaced with the speedier Calde to counter Zaha...which has seemingly worked.
Bruno's been done, but he played midweek.

Dobbie and Hoskins replaced by Barnes (good game today) and CMS who was very good in his half hour on Tuesday.

I can understand the changes as Barnes provides a lot more defensively...it just seems like you're always on the attack towards Gus or Barnes etc. get behind the f***ing team.

Of course Gus has his faults; we all pointed them out last season, but we've been excellent this season and now we have a bad game he's Satan again?

Jesus Christ

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here