Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Match Thread ****Crystal Palace -V- Brighton and Hove Albion****

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
If we take into account Gus thought he would bag CMS and Hoskins, maybe it was too expensive to keep Murray on what he wanted?! 3 too strikers + Barnes (Top all round) can't have been cheap.

Yeah, I'm sure that's what he thought, but it was a big mistake and Gus should admit to it instead of saying we couldn't afford him, Gus just didn't rate Murray as worth what he wanted which has proven to be a terrible decision.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Maybe if some of you hadn't spent so much time building this match up as the game of the season and were not so obsessed in your hatred of the opposition you might be more inclined to look at the result more rationally. We lost to the team who are second in the table. We are not that good- we struggled to beat a Bristol team who conceded four at home today, for example.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I have not seen a minute of it - but a player sent off and a loss by 3-1 you just have to hold your hands up - say well done to Palace and move on. They have a top of the table team. That is not luck or cheating.

Murray is still a mardy-arsed northern Judas. And a **** to boot.

llugaes

Jan 20, 2009
although i said earlier we can't just blame the ref, i really want a select group (premier league) official for the return. no way mike dean or mark halsey would stand for that shit.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Bollox Gus

Barnes on ?

No defender on the bench in a derby game ?

Bollox about we could not afford Murray while we waste money on a player who is missing. I think on a personal level you just did not like him.

Man up Gus you f***ed up today feckin 3-0 for christ sake.

We had better beat them at the Amex.

Take this as a lesson.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Don't expect a balanced opinion from him, I've never witnessed someone so bitter towards Palace before.

He must really be hurting tonight, bless.

This game is even more controversial than the FA Cup replay game at Stamford Bridge

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
I don't know though. It's very easy looking back with hindsight. Last season he was, lets face it, shit. If rumours are true, we were going to resign Murray, Gus therefore admitting a mistake, but Dicker broke Hoskins foot.

If we are going to blame anyone, it's Gary Dicker :lolol:

I jest, but at the time most of us were saying he wouldn't cut the mustard, and were proven correct after last season...but it's a new eea

May 2, 2010
Shame about the red card which could have worked in your way and how it does for many clubs playing against 10 men, I cant understand the lack of investment recently into your squad, clearly Dunk doesn't seem to be good enough, Murray has scored a decent amount of goals in 2 seasons, when I came on here last year some of you were saying Bloom has an enormous personnel wealth that the stadium costs, squad investment etc are not even the tip of the iceberg in regards to his wealth, IIRC someone may have even quoted that he makes Parrish and Co seem poor in comparison, do the the fans expect some major influx of funds in January and the close season?

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
This game is even more controversial than the FA Cup replay game at Stamford Bridge

Perhaps, the red card was stonewall though and after being 1 up and CMS missing his chance, there was no looking back and atleast one of the penalties was completely fair. If one of the pens had put us 1-0 up with both sides having 11 men then I'd be inclined to agree it was more controversial.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I have not seen a minute of it - but a player sent off and a loss by 3-1 you just have to hold your hands up - say well done to Palace and move on. They have a top of the table team. That is not luck or cheating.

Murray is still a mardy-arsed northern Judas. And a **** to boot.
did we score ...?? i don't think we did.......a goal would have been nice two would have be loverly..........but we didn't score ANY did we...?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Shame about the red card which could have worked in your way and how it does for many clubs playing against 10 men, I cant understand the lack of investment recently into your squad, clearly Dunk doesn't seem to be good enough, Murray has scored a decent amount of goals in 2 seasons, when I came on here last year some of you were saying Bloom has an enormous personnel wealth that the stadium costs, squad investment etc are not even the tip of the iceberg in regards to his wealth, IIRC someone may have even quoted that he makes Parrish and Co seem poor in comparison, do the the fans expect some major influx of funds in January and the close season?

Bloom runs the club like a well run business should be.

I know you're used to dip shits running your club and not sticking to budgets but we differ in that way.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5346243 said:
Exactly, this is such pure SHIT that we couldn't afford to keep him, I'm sick to death of Gus saying he was too expensive, it's f***ing horseshit.

Don't sit on the fence - just come on and say what you think

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I don't think we'll spend loadsamoney in January because we have to live within our means and the budget will not be blown before FFP is introduced.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Gus, no complaints on red card, second penalty 100%, first penalty, Murray 3yds offside. Squad fitness blamed for defeat :shrug:
I'm not sure how much contact there was for the red card. First pen was a dive, no contact at all, he should have been booked for the dive. Second pen was a pen - poor discipline by Greer. Like Gus said - CMS hits post and goes in instead of bounce out and we have a different game. One of those things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here