Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Match Thread ****Crystal Palace -V- Brighton and Hove Albion****

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
We're top of the league, we're top of the league, we're Crystal Palace, we are top of the league. Just accept it.

No I'm a football fan. I despise cheating in the game at any level.

Any true football fan would feel the same if they loved the game.

I mean you might be a complete fuckwit and not care. Given the fact you're on this board suggests you are a complete fuckwit and have no qualms about players diving.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Obviously pleased with the victory but think its a shame you went down to ten men so early. Would have been a far better game - and probably much closer - from the glimpses we saw of your attacking play. Had the makings of a really good match from the opening few minutes.

I agree. Dunk looked like a rabbit in the headlights. Bolasie was different gravy and we all know what Murray can do. Fair play to him for not celebrating again.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'm more worried that we've only won 8 in 20. I think we have an amazing team, so the problem is else where....... Make of that what you will

NOT ONE of our CB's is top-Championship class, in midfield there are still question marks over Crofts, Hammond and Dicker and up top CMS is either blinding or terrible, Barnes is a joke and Hoskins is a sick-note. That's where our problems lie.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
You could argue our tippy tippy style won us promotion in style and has taken us to our highest league finish in yonks.

Murray wanted more than we could afford. Greer was immense last season at this level. 2nd in POTS if I recall correctly?

Painter, who has struggled with fitness before plays two games in a week, and is replaced with the speedier Calde to counter Zaha...which has seemingly worked.
Bruno's been done, but he played midweek.

Dobbie and Hoskins replaced by Barnes (good game today) and CMS who was very good in his half hour on Tuesday.

I can understand the changes as Barnes provides a lot more defensively...it just seems like you're always on the attack towards Gus or Barnes etc. get behind the f***ing team.

Of course Gus has his faults; we all pointed them out last season, but we've been excellent this season and now we have a bad game he's Satan again?

Jesus Christ

This is blatantly bullshit though. He was let go because Gus thought he wasn't worth what he was asking for, not because we didn't have the funds. The signing of Vicente and CMS for example would both have used up more cash than what Muzza wanted.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5346258 said:
This is blatantly bullshit though. He was let go because Gus thought he wasn't worth what he was asking for, not because we didn't have the funds. The signing of Vicente and CMS for example would both have used up more cash than what Muzza wanted.

It's all very well saying this in hindsight, but we weren't complaining when we signed CMS and Hoskins to replace him, and on paper at the time, we shouldn't have been.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Obviously pleased with the victory but think its a shame you went down to ten men so early. Would have been a far better game - and probably much closer - from the glimpses we saw of your attacking play. Had the makings of a really good match from the opening few minutes.

Well said mate, it takes a palace fan on NSC to highlight what f**ked us today.

D

Deleted member 18477

this! Murray > Vicente > CMS. FFS Gus!

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
For those saying we cheated, do you honestly believe it wasn't a red card and two penalties? The first pen was a tad soft but contact is contact. The second, well, Greer manhandled Murray and should be ashamed to give away such a soft penalty.

As for other dives, I did not see any bar the referee giving a freekick to Brighton and the commentator suggesting it was for simulation, speculative comment at best.

We have so much flair in our squad that you couldn't handle it once you'd lost your heads, it's as simple as that.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nor did Palace - The first was a pen and it was a red card.

And I thought Spurs failed at local Derby's

Murray went over Kuszczak , there wasn't any contact , Murray trailed his right leg back and did that giveaway reflex to con the ref. As for the red card , Dunk got his foot in to kick the ball away but Bolasie knew an outstretched leg was there to make contact.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
It's all very well saying this in hindsight, but we weren't complaining when we signed CMS and Hoskins to replace him, and on paper at the time, we shouldn't have been.

Gus as the manager should have known better though. That's what he's paid for. :shrug: And at least he should admit his mistake instead of coming out with this bullshit about how we couldn't afford him.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
For those saying we cheated, do you honestly believe it wasn't a red card and two penalties? The first pen was a tad soft but contact is contact. The second, well, Greer manhandled Murray and should be ashamed to give away such a soft penalty.

As for other dives, I did not see any bar the referee giving a freekick to Brighton and the commentator suggesting it was for simulation, speculative comment at best.

We have so much flair in our squad that you couldn't handle it once you'd lost your heads, it's as simple as that.

Murray is a diving c**t. Football has been ruined by cheats like him.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle

It was a red. Don't think the first was a pen, but agree about the 2nd. We were outplayed today pure and simple.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I know you're angry, but if you really think either of those were not penalties then you're having a laugh.

Sorry, but that second penalty Murray pushed his foot out into the keeper to simulate contact then dove.

If you missed that then you're blind and not very humorous to boot.

FWIW, Buckley could easily have had one first half but he threw himself over as well, nice touch considering he's apparently a clean player.

You do realise when you get pushed from behind like that you can't see the contact coming?

I have no issues with Greer's penalty, but don't pay it for one push and let another push from behind, in the penalty area get waved away.

The ref helped us, but my word your discipline was atrocious. Crofts could have easily been sent off for a blatant elbow on FFS as well.

The red card obviously changed it, but we were utterly, utterly dominant today from the word go.

The ref is the very reason the game ended up the roughhouse affair it did. he had no control over it and tried to reign it in by getting sucked in by diving players. he finally pulls Bolaise up for it and doesn't even card him.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus

If we take into account Gus thought he would bag CMS and Hoskins, maybe it was too expensive to keep Murray on what he wanted?! 3 too strikers + Barnes (Top all round) can't have been cheap.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Dunk sent off after a poor back pass and loss of control. 9 out of 10 refs would have sent him off.
CMS clean through and hit the post.
Penalty decision dubious - but again, most refs would give it - but more to the point he only got the ball unmarked and in front of goal - because we couldn't control it and it bounced off a defender to him.

Can't really blame the ref for everything.

(Mind you I think Zaha was diving before Orlandi got there for the free kick that led to the first goal.)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5346283 said:
Gus as the manager should have known better though. That's what he's paid for. :shrug: And at least he should admit his mistake instead of coming out with this bullshit about how we couldn't afford him.

Poyet's probably the most stubborn man on the face of the earth, I won't hold my breath waiting for him to hold his hands up and accept that we should have retained Murray or that he is responsible for any blame for today's train wreck. He knows though.
The player's are going to be feeling like shit, and rightly so after this game. Will be interesting to see how Poyet handles the post-match interviews.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here