Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Match Thread ****Crystal Palace -V- Brighton and Hove Albion****

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Can I also ask why some people are so intent on blaming Gus for everything now? It's not his fault Dunk got sent off, or Murray dived or Greer fouled someone. Jesus

You could argue that Dunk fouled someone after miscontroling the ball, playing tippy tappy across the back line. Murray should never have been allowed to leave and maybe Greer is being found out at this level. Add to the the team selection after a win midweek and some might argue otherwise. But your right of course, the manager has nothing to answer for at all, never has.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Palace fans to be locked in at Smellhurst for their own safety

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
OK it sounds like a couple of our players have played a shocker and played right into Palace's hands. However I really feel that Gus is a combination of being naive and being too cocky with much still to learn at this level.

Surely he needed to send the team out knowing it would be a hostile crowd, there would be Palace players testing the Ref all over the pitch, so would be a day for cool heads and not getting lured into rash tackles, even if things start to go wrong. OK you hope for a decent Ref who will stand up against the simulation but Gus should be able to motivate the team so IMHO he has to take the flack. The main issue is whether he learns from this - if not we will never be convincing contenders.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Wish I hadn't found the f***ing live stream now

Princes Bold

Nov 14, 2012
Sunday morning pub team, disgusting challenges from Hammond, cant wait for the vist to the Fed-Ex. ( Fed UP Fans )

We're top of the league, we're top of the league, we're Crystal Palace, we are top of the league.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Well I assumed that's what you meant from a conventional 2 up front?

Assumed wrong then. Either way, Poyet just does not cut with me any more. Pretty football does not mean effective football and and times we cannot manage the pretty football either.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
i do hope all the brighton players have a really good time at their christmas party tonight in bournemouth, they let us down on the pitch yet again. bring on the charlton for a good bashing

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Palace aren't embarrassing us...we're embarrassing ourselves!

I'll go with that. I see us making poor choices, running down dead ends and passing back into problems all the time.
Not to mention the crap backpass that lead to Dunk's desperate lunge. Every player and coach and manager has to take something on the chin here - our worst loss of the season AGAIN, to the pratts they should be focused on proving their salt against.

Zaha and Digacoi are having fun, while we have similar skills in Lua Lua not making the team. We have been sucked in and suckered by the f'ing scum again, and it doesn't feel very good.
Those blaming Barnes - f'ing SHUT IT you utter TOOLS.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
No matter how many red cards, or penalties against and no matter who you lose to, you can only drop 3 points. This match started badly for us and we just couldn't get off the back foot or cope with the fantastic diving and cheating, which really was top drawer!

D

Deleted member 18477

It's not his fault Dunk got himself sent off, what other defenders do you want? Painter?
Twat.

new defenders you retard! dunk is rubbish at this level and greer replies on el abd more often than not. are you saying painter is crap? idiot.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Assumed wrong then. Either way, Poyet just does not cut with me any more. Pretty football does not mean effective football and and times we cannot manage the pretty football either.

Well what formation were you talking about then out of interest? I still have faith in Gus although he does seem to bottle these sort of matches.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Sunday morning pub team, disgusting challenges from Hammond, cant wait for the vist to the Fed-Ex. ( Fed UP Fans )

We're top of the league, we're top of the league, we're Crystal Palace, we are top of the league.

You sure you're not the Italian national team? Dive as soon as you get near the penalty box and go fall down like school girls, just like the Italians.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here