Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Hartlepool Away Thread

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Went in to get the S'ton, Woking & H'pool tickets today. I was told the H'pool is pay on the gate so I'm doing so.
Will either drive up & back in one, or stay up Sat' night with some friends in Sunderland & go on the lash.
Decisions decisions!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Driving up Saturday morning and home Sunday via M1-M18- A1 does anybody know of a decent transport type cafe en route. Usally stopped at the portacabin one near Jct 21 of M1 (East Midlands Airport) but son says it has got expensive and not very good now, any other suggestions.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Driving up Saturday morning and home Sunday via M1-M18- A1 does anybody know of a decent transport type cafe en route. Usally stopped at the portacabin one near Jct 21 of M1 (East Midlands Airport) but son says it has got expensive and not very good now, any other suggestions.

Out of curiosity why are you thinking M18, it is miles out of the way ?

Just head south from the North east on the A1 and then when south of Wetherby and just east of Leeds you choose A1 or M1.

:amex::albion1:

UaeGull

Dec 21, 2007
I'm about to set off from Abu Dhabi for this one - if it makes the distance from Sussex to Teeside any the less of a challenge for those travelling up! Staying at the Premier Inn on the Quay. The last time I was at Hartlepool in the 2007/8 season, Bas Savage's late late late strike won it for us. Another grand day out with the Albion! :albion2: Hoping for the same or better this time! Seagulls!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Went in to get the S'ton, Woking & H'pool tickets today. I was told the H'pool is pay on the gate so I'm doing so.
Will either drive up & back in one, or stay up Sat' night with some friends in Sunderland & go on the lash.
Decisions decisions!

I've just spoken to somebody at the ticket office and they have sent back 500 tickets to Hartlepool for sale on the day so I think I'll be going now.

To add to this-just spoken to Hartlepool's ticket office and so far we've sold just over 300 so pay on the day shouldn't be an issue. Pay at turnstiles 1 & 2 according to the woman I spoke to.

Last edited:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I've just spoken to somebody at the ticket office and they have sent back 500 tickets to Hartlepool for sale on the day so I think I'll be going now.

To add to this-just spoken to Hartlepool's ticket office and so far we've sold just over 300 so pay on the day shouldn't be an issue. Pay at turnstiles 1 & 2 according to the woman I spoke to.

Rob! Get the train! (Not that I'm worried about being bored shitless or owt)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Rob! Get the train! (Not that I'm worried about being bored shitless or owt)

Booked a room for Sat night-cheaper than train (£222.80 :eek:) for 2 of us plus I can have a few beers before the game. Let me know where everybody is drinking so I can meet up and bore you to sleep.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Its been pissing down all day up north , lets hope the pitch isn't waterlogged.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Out of curiosity why are you thinking M18, it is miles out of the way ?

Just head south from the North east on the A1 and then when south of Wetherby and just east of Leeds you choose A1 or M1.

:amex::albion1:

According to RAC it is 10 miles less going via M18 and my son delivers to Peterlee and says it is much quicker probably knocks 30 mins off the journey.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm about to set off from Abu Dhabi for this one - if it makes the distance from Sussex to Teeside any the less of a challenge for those travelling up! Staying at the Premier Inn on the Quay. The last time I was at Hartlepool in the 2007/8 season, Bas Savage's late late late strike won it for us. Another grand day out with the Albion! :albion2: Hoping for the same or better this time! Seagulls!!

Staying at the same place.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well I've had a look at it, and I don't think I can justify the cost of traveling to this one. I have a lot of admiration for those going, especially those from Sussex and UAE!

I will be listening in on Seagulls Player.....not quite the same, but I'll get the gist.

I hope you all have a safe journey :bowdown:

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
If anyone is interested, for about £50 you can get a seat in the directors' box and a two-course carvery, plus programme, etc. It's called the CK Carvery. We did it a few years ago when the cost was £25 and our match seats were next to Steve Coppell. The hosts were extremely friendly and it was great value. My son also won £45 on their sweep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here