Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Hartlepool Away Thread

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I am proud of our away support & really do take my hat off to all of those who have sacrificed time, money, effort ( and probably a few marriages! ) but I have to say that there seems to be a bit of one upmanship breeding amongst users of this board with the declarations of travel plans & roll calls for away games at the moment. This is seemingly a division of those who have been through the "Dark Days" & those who have jumped upon the all new shiney "Gus Bus" with all its flairtastic bells & whistles on a non stop journey to "The Team of The Decade 2010 - 2020"

I am not knocking those who have been through it all with our past history & do actually have a large amount of pride in those who have kept us alive & made us one of the best supported teams away from home in the league. What I suppose I am getting at is that there is a pervasion of "I'm a better supporter than you" creeping into this board which I suppose is bound to occur but is nontheless a bit sad.

You are all heroes in my eyes for being supporters of the only team I have ever loved but please don't get too flouncey, just enjoy the dawn of the greatest era we have ever seen & rather than get all "Bad Fan" on those who were not around, embrace your foresight & revel in the magnetism of your belief in "The Greatest Team The World Has Ever Seen"

I hope that made sense. Probably not & I'll get a roasting for being critical of those who were smart enough to plan their travel ahead!

(Runs for the hills)

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Just to bore the shit out of you all, I booked my Fartlepool travel today. I'm getting the 9am out of Kings Cross, so if anyone else is on that shout and we'll have an awkward conversation for two hours or something. Then I booked a train up to Glasgow for the way back, only cost £11. Not too bad all in all considering how well the team are playing, although I haven't spent this much time and effort watching the Albion since I was about 17, so it feels a bit weird.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I am proud of our away support & really do take my hat off to all of those who have sacrificed time, money, effort ( and probably a few marriages! ) but I have to say that there seems to be a bit of one upmanship breeding amongst users of this board with the declarations of travel plans & roll calls for away games at the moment. This is seemingly a division of those who have been through the "Dark Days" & those who have jumped upon the all new shiney "Gus Bus" with all its flairtastic bells & whistles on a non stop journey to "The Team of The Decade 2010 - 2020"

I am not knocking those who have been through it all with our past history & do actually have a large amount of pride in those who have kept us alive & made us one of the best supported teams away from home in the league. What I suppose I am getting at is that there is a pervasion of "I'm a better supporter than you" creeping into this board which I suppose is bound to occur but is nontheless a bit sad.

You are all heroes in my eyes for being supporters of the only team I have ever loved but please don't get too flouncey, just enjoy the dawn of the greatest era we have ever seen & rather than get all "Bad Fan" on those who were not around, embrace your foresight & revel in the magnetism of your belief in "The Greatest Team The World Has Ever Seen"

I hope that made sense. Probably not & I'll get a roasting for being critical of those who were smart enough to plan their travel ahead!

(Runs for the hills)

So are you going to Hartlepool or not??

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
For those of us going by train and with the planned engineering works and bus replacements between Hartlepool and everywhere, I contacted Northern Rail pointing out that there could be several hundred fans attempting to all get on buses at the same time after the match.
This is their reply.
----------------------------
Thank you for your e-mail, which I received recently.

We appreciate you giving us this information regarding the possible volume of travelling football fans who may wish to use our replacement bus service.

I forwarded this information to our alternative transport manager who was grateful for it. She has advised that should the volume of people arrive that you expect we have standby coaches which will be utilised to provide the necessary capacity.

I hope that this sets your mind at ease.

--------------------
That is all

:albion1:

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
So are you going to Hartlepool or not??

Working unfortunately so am probably just sounding off because I'm jealous. I am going to Peterborough & Southampton though. There are a lot of threads about forthcoming away games though & it is a bit "Look at me" I suppose it's just excitement at being top of the league. Humility though, humility.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Working unfortunately so am probably just sounding off because I'm jealous. I am going to Peterborough & Southampton though. There are a lot of threads about forthcoming away games though & it is a bit "Look at me" I suppose it's just excitement at being top of the league. Humility though, humility.

Welllll...it's just a natural thing. I can't help getting hacked off when all these nits turn up stealing our tickets, moaning about trivialities and ransacking our women when they never so much as hung a YES YES balloon in anger during the dark days. But you know, sentient beings, one love, Hare Krishna and all that, as long as I don't spot them at the back of the stand wearing the latest home shirt with their NSC username on it after a few rums.

I kinda feel the opposite though...I actually feel slightly embarrassed that I'm going all the way to Hartlepool for a game. But playing well, seeing mates up north yada yada. These threads are good for swapping travel tips, I think the changes on the way up there are going to be about as much fun as the nightbus to Whitehawk.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
For those of us going by train and with the planned engineering works and bus replacements between Hartlepool and everywhere, I contacted Northern Rail pointing out that there could be several hundred fans attempting to all get on buses at the same time after the match.
This is their reply.
----------------------------
Thank you for your e-mail, which I received recently.

We appreciate you giving us this information regarding the possible volume of travelling football fans who may wish to use our replacement bus service.

I forwarded this information to our alternative transport manager who was grateful for it. She has advised that should the volume of people arrive that you expect we have standby coaches which will be utilised to provide the necessary capacity.

I hope that this sets your mind at ease.

--------------------
That is all

:albion1:

Good work GOM.
Got my ticket yesterday. :rave:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am waiting till late next week as others may go

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Everyone be warned the Victoria Line is shut all weekend so need to change at East Croydon for London Bridge then Northern Line to Kings Cross and coming back.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Do it Beachy. I'll buy you breakfast.

I'm on the money 0900 from Kings Cross, see you all there via various fecking buses etc :mad::mad:

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Anyone got any space for 1 in their car willing to pay petrol? I know techinally this should go in the away travel bit but thought this was as good a place as any.

mh369

Mar 4, 2009
London
I'll be going from durham, managed to organise a trip to see my gf conveniently on the same weekend we are playing hartlepool, does anyone know if tickets can be bought on the door

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here