Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Football Manager 2010 Career Thread

how do you use a real time editor? is it possible to use it on the 2008 version?

There probably is one. Try googling "FMRTE 2008" or similar. You then load your game in FM normally, then load the RTE software. It's pretty straightforward.

I used one in FM2009 for scouting, but have so far resisted the urge in FM2010. Downloaded it specifically to get around the ground restriction.

Btw, on the off chance that Turkey reads this; FMRTE reports that you have set the capacity for the stadium at 25000, but it also reports that spare capacity is 0 when I've only got 22665 seats. Not sure if the program is reporting the restrictions wrongly, or whether there's some problem with FM but might be something to flag up with SI.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH 11TH sEPTEMBER 20011 goign great in the premiership then discover that although my ground is now Falmer Im still playing at Withdean to 8000 crowds!!!! The ın game editors think Im at Falmer!!

Ruined the game!:tantrum:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
There probably is one. Try googling "FMRTE 2008" or similar. You then load your game in FM normally, then load the RTE software. It's pretty straightforward.

I used one in FM2009 for scouting, but have so far resisted the urge in FM2010. Downloaded it specifically to get around the ground restriction.

Btw, on the off chance that Turkey reads this; FMRTE reports that you have set the capacity for the stadium at 25000, but it also reports that spare capacity is 0 when I've only got 22665 seats. Not sure if the program is reporting the restrictions wrongly, or whether there's some problem with FM but might be something to flag up with SI.

Yeah my mistake. Need to change capacity to 22,500. We have to have 165 seats that arent for sale.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I'm about 10 games into the 2nd season and 7th in the championship. I had a mess around with tactics and seems to be winning most games now. Got some Honduras winger (Leon or something) and he's doing the business. Also Lee Cox from Inverness is a good centre midfielder although my best two players are loanee's (Caicedo and Dan Gosling).

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Bout to start my 3rd season (1st a Falmer :clap: )

2nd season in Championship, Predicted to finish 23rd, aiming for mid-table though. :lol:

Attachments

• fm.jpg
    fm.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 321

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
End of Feb/early March :thumbsup:
Anyone know why the German national team doesn't use real players ???

Yes... its a licensing issue.... a pain because the german league is great to play but annoying whent the national team is full of no ones.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Have just started anew with the Albion with out current squad. Am using a 4-3-3 formation ultra attacking and although Im scoring more than I am conceding and am in 4the spot 12 game sinto the season I miss not having wingers and a strong defence so not sure I will continue. Loaded the whole Irish database and found some real gems.... Mark farren and another striker surnamed Heron who is very young and Eoghan Colbourne young left back.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Yes... its a licensing issue.... a pain because the german league is great to play but annoying whent the national team is full of no ones.

There is a file that you can delete so that the squads do use real players. I cant remember exactly how to do it but if you google it you should be able to find how. You will also need to start a new game I think.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
Mifsud is a cheeky little shit in mine.
Scores yes, but is unahappy with his wages. He's on 5K ffs!
Fortunately i sent my scouts to find some pearlers and boy i did!
Name's Christian, Brazillian 30+ but he can score.

Physical attributes at least 12
Finishing and Flair 16
composure 13
Heading 15
Work Rate 12
Influence 19 (captain)
Penalty and free kicks 18

All for 95K f***ing coup lads.

55 goals in 60 games :clap::clap:

How did he get a work permit?

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
I'm in my 5th season as albion manager, no cheating whatsoever (i.e replaying important matches if lost etc etc). Took 2 seasons to get out of league 1, have finished 7th in the championship for last 2 years and currently 5th with 10 games to go. Falmer never overly full (12-18k attendance) and the chairman gives me bugger all money.

Team
Smith (still!)
Adam Smith (good RB)
Jeremy Helan or Buchatmann (just gone to fulham in real life) at LB
Marquinos - brazillian cb
Elphick or De Laet (ex manu) cb

Lee Sawyer (CM from Chelsea)
Isaac Osbournce (CM from Villa)
Giles Barnes (RM)
Danny Rose LM

Lee Griffiths up front (great striker from falkirk I think)
Nile Ranger/Shane Long alongside

often change to 433 with a brazilian striker called Evandro who has good stats but doesn't score enough.

pretty pissed off now as in the Jan transfer window Kopenhagen have presigned Griffiths and Dortmund have presigned Buchatmann for free for the coming july....both wanted £20k per week wages and my limit is £12500

I try to stick with the current players for as long as possible so of course after two League One seasons I am still there and have lost eight games in a row at the start of the season and am fighting relegation to league 2 despite playing at Falmer.

My team is:

Button (21)
Kane (23) Evans (20) Elphick (23) Sheehan (24)
Adomah(21) Crofts (27) Peterlin (20) A.Davies (26)
Murray (27) A. Chambers (20)

I have the youngest squad in all the leagues however after deciding to build a young squad and sit it out in League One while sticking to my budget it turns out this is flawed. If you don't manage to get out the league into the championship the loans for Falmer become to much and you scarily after two seasons go bankrupt and I had to release my best player, Striker Fredrick Berglund who is a quality buy and will score 15 goals at championship level all for 95k.

So now I have a squad of 19 players with no transfer money, a low wage budget and a poor squad despite sticking to the budgets. oh and I can't get rid of Dickinson even if i offer him for FREE as he is on 5.5k a week!

On the other hand I managed to get Russel Slade as assistant manager, Dean Wilkins as first team coach and Peter Taylor as youth team coach. Dont know how, must have been some sort of glitch.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here