Official Football Manager 2010 Career Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3224864 said:
I have cheated severely by taking over Man City and buying El-Abd for £100 Million then buying us a load of Brazilian and Argentinian megastars. Now we're in the Prem with an allstar XI but bleeding goals cos they're all so unhappy at playing for a "small" club and Bloom's gonna sack me :down:

See Thierry, cheats never prosper.

:lolol:

If you really want to cheat why not just use the data editor?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Well... either I really have got it right this time or this year's version is easier...

came in to February with big games ahead.

Firstly FA Cup fifth round at home with Champ high flyers at home which we managed to draw 1-1 with a last minute equaliser after Olson was sent off.

Then a disappointing 0-0 draw at home to Norwich.

Then...second placed Leeds at Leeds. We were 2-0 down at half-time, gave the players a lashing, took off my wingers and played three forward through the middle and grabbed a 2-2 draw! Great... but the best was still to come....

WBA 5th round reply at Hawthorns and 5 minutes Dickinson struck 1-0. We were then under constant pressure and just managed to go in ahead after much last ditch tackling. Started second half and disaster... West Brom scored two in five minutes with pepe pla having nightmare. Dragged him off brought on Bernard and started pushing up...and was rewarded with a fantastic Mifsud header almost at 90 degrees to the goal.

From then on it was touch and go.. then 86th minute Mifsud chases a forlorn ball down the right wing... gets there just before it goes out for a goal kick. Goal is blocked so track back and then passes square across the box,,, and in charges Sanchez who lets fly a blinder form 30 yards. Carson gets a hand to it..... but not enough 3-2!!!!!! I was in my office and I just exploded. Straight from the restart Dorrans slides in on Ozkan and gets a straight red!!!!

Bolton in the 6th round at home.... we could win this, you know ;)

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia
Domination.jpg

Well that was FUN

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Well my first season as Brighton is going up and down. Started strong, was top of the table after 5 games. Then went on an 11 game winless streak and dropped to 19th. Now I've just won 4 on the bounce. I'm definitely struggling for consistency. How does everyone else use their tactics? Do you alter them much depending on the opposition information the coaches give you?

Just signed my lucky player from the last few versions: Tristan Plummer from Bristol C. His stats look pretty poor in 2010, but he's always come good and scored bucketloads in the past...

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Tactics wise I play a home and away version of 4-1-3-2 with attacking full backs *who go flat away) and wingers and defenders dropping back (def mid plays defensive away). Home tactic quite a lot of wasting time but wide and attacking. Away tactic quite narrow and counter attack. Will use the home tactic with a flat back four when playignteams I can beat away. of course I have a more defnsive version when protecting a score and a more out and out tactic (4-2-3-2 or 4-3-3) very narropw and thropugh bthe middle with overload to chase a game.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
I play either 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, depending on what Dean White says. Seems to work quite well, was 3-0 down at half time against Colchester playing 4-4-2, changed to 4-3-3 and won 4-3 in the last minute!!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Well.... it has happened again!

WE2RE IN THE FA SEMI-FINALS!!!!!

Home against Bolton we had an awful first half. Went in 1-0 down. We had hit the posta nd bar but they were our only attacks. Gave them a tongue-lashing at half-time and told Mifsud to go out and prove a point. And didnt he!!! Picked up the ball just inside the Bolton half left side on 49 minutes. CUt across, dribbled through three Bolton players and hit a 25 yarder into the top corner!!!!! Goal of the season. From then on Bolton were for the taking and 75th minute an unbelievable pass from Sanchez completely split the Bolton defence and super sub Nicky Forster pounced to make it 2-1!!!! Last ten minutes were very much hanging on by our finger nails but we're there. West Ham in the semis and Chelsea or Spurs in the final if we can beat the Hammers.

If you haven't bought David Sanchez and Mifsud then what one earth have you been doing!!!

On a sadder note... league form has dipped a bit... held 2-2 by Exeter at home and lost at CHarltonm and are now secodn but have a game in hand. Mifsuds goals against Bolton was no: 30 this season.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
DATE:

13/08/2011

10/11 SEASON:

cocacolachampionship2.png

brightonandhovealbion11.png

PRESEASON:

brightonandhovealbion12.png

LEAGUE:

brightonandhovealbion12.png

TRANSFERS

brightonandhovealbion13.png

brightonandhovealbion15.png

brightonandhovealbion16.png

brightonandhovealbion17s.png

STRONGEST TEAM:

brightonandhovealbion18.png

CONCLUSION:

Player of the year was Zak Whitbread, over course of last season turned down job offers from Reading, Plymouth, Chicago Fire, and four others including Fulham. Also "denied speculation" with about five others. Mifsud completely lost it in second half of last season and is now third choice.

Any other screenshots available on request :wave:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Two games to go at the end of season 1 and we have been comfortably pormoted. Five points clear of Southend so even if we lose at MK Dons (not inconcievable as I ahve been giving some of the second string some experience last few games) shoudl be cornwed champions at home to Yeaovil.

FA Cup semi-final heartbreak against West Ham. Went 2-0 up in first fifteen minutes through Ozkan and Dickinson. Withstood a barrage and although conceded a goal looked safe until ref gave WH a penalty in injury team. They scored then 106 mins Mifsud scored but ref again gave a penalty on 118 mins. WH won 7-6 on pens with Mitea missing. Got an official warning for my outburst at the end of the game. Still a great achievment from the team. Getting ready for the Championship now....

Stumpy Tim

Got promoted via the Play-offs in season 1. Season 2 has gone stupidly well. Changed to 3-4-3 with 3 forwards through the middle. Nathan Tyson has scored 26 goals in 20 games & is 10 goals ahead of anyone else in the Championship scoring charts. Now 27 games unbeaten (having drawn the first & lost the second games of the season)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Have paused my brighton career as I wanted to try out Blademan's ten level english elague. Now new manager of Sussex Div2 Rye United..... target league three in six seasons!!!!!

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
1st Season at Notts County Won the league and JPT. 2nd season left after 12 games we were 9th but got a telling off from board for applying for Chelsea and Arsenal Jobs. Offered the Sheff Wednesday job a week later and have lost only one of my first 5 matches drawing one winning 4. We have climbed out of the relegation zone but much work to do.

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
anyone kno wheree i can get it cheap see crawley sitee has it for £15 but too far to travel does the brighton sitee sell it for that pricee? any halp appreciated thnks :thumbsup:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
First season in charge with the Albion.

Players brought in:
Olivier Bernard
Jean Pierre (I can't remember his last night)
Michalik from Leeds- FANTASTIC SIGNING!
Paul Wotton- ANOTHER FANTASTIC SIGNING!
Willy Topp- Bloody Awful

Players out:-
Adam El-Abd to Notts County
Kevin Mcleod to Exeter
Gary Hart to Mansfield

Season Anlaysis-
Absolutely brillant first season, we were mostly challenging Automatic Promotion. After me setting a top half finish. Best result was definitely the 5-0 against Huddersfield at home, who were pushing me all the way to the end of the season. The other best result I had was the 2-1 against Leeds away from home. They were running away with it, and they eventually won the league. But going there and winning was a great result.
I also made the Paint Pot Trophy but lost 2-1 to Oldham Athletic, but that inspired us to go on claim promotion to The Championship on the last game of the season. Huddersfield needed to win or draw to get promoted and us losing to do it., but all we needed was to win and we did in style against already relegated Yeovil at home.

BRING ON NEXT SEASON!!!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Cant be arsed to go into detail, but im sitting 4th in the premiership with Wolves after 14 games of the second season. First season achieved my goals by finishing 16th after a poor second half of the season, with C.Cole top scorer with 21 goals in 31 games!
2nd season was given £10m to spend on players, focused on transfer listed players and free transfers, so bought in Radoi (cb) for £3m who is class, and Malouda who is transfer listed for £3.5m. Sold a couple of players so bought in a Brazilian striker and used a lot of my wages to get Deco after his contract expired. Have just signed Busquetts from barca for £3m who will move in january! :thumbsup:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
11/12 SEASON:

englishpremierdivisionm.png

brightonandhovealbion.png

brightonandhovealbion2.png

brightonandhovealbion3.png

CONCLUSION:

7th in our first season but a few disappointing thrashings in there.. Still, can build on this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports