Official Football Manager 2010 Career Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Just got this a week or so ago and naturally am the Albion with the updated data. Centre backs are all a bit shit and I need some new ones, but despite this we are somehow 4th following this eerily realistic result:

Attachments

• saintsbrighton.jpg
    saintsbrighton.jpg
    389.1 KB · Views: 246

HalfTimeOrange

Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
Thinking of starting another Brighton game ahead of the new season and of course before the release of FM11. Theres a number of patches online so might find one of these and start one up with our new Argentinian flairmongers :clap: should be fun.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
I just started my first ever game. - Unbeaten after 19 games, top of the league, i beat gillingham 8-1, and have blackburn in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

It's all about Kakuta on a season long loan from Chelsea. 0% of wages to be paid. BARGAIN. :bhasign:

beginners luck maybe

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Currently playing as Brighton on FM too. Just finished my first season & got promoted as champions. Top scorer was Glenn Murray with a paltry 13 goals but i had four midfielders in double figures including Jay Emmanuel-Thomas who was voted my player of the season.
Hoping to get him on a permenant deal now & add some championship calibre players.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I just started my first ever game. - Unbeaten after 19 games, top of the league, i beat gillingham 8-1, and have blackburn in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

It's all about Kakuta on a season long loan from Chelsea. 0% of wages to be paid. BARGAIN. :bhasign:

beginners luck maybe

Had Kakuta on loan too he was ace but i only got him for three months & he didn't renew.
Another good loanee was Laurie Della Valle from Liverpool 5 goals in a month long loans spell. Looking to get him on a season deal for the championship :thumbsup:

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.

beginners luck maybe

Kakuta is AMAZING.

Won the Championship last year, 103 points, 130+ goals.

I'm 14th in the Prem ATM. Beat Man.U 3-2 in the Carling cup. I also managed to beat Spurs 5-3. :blush:

I'm going to try and stay up this season and then get into Europe next year. :thumbsup:

:bhasign:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

beginners luck maybe

Yeah I've got Kakuta too, got Chelsea as my feeder club and already have an eye on a few of their prospects for future seasons. Everyone here seems to rave about Michael Misfud, and while he's played really well for me and the fans think he's been a great signing, he's only scored two goals. Forster and Murray have been excellent though, and even Chris Holroyd (injury crisis, OK?!) scored twice in one game!

Bigtk

Nov 20, 2005
Thinking of starting another Brighton game ahead of the new season and of course before the release of FM11. Theres a number of patches online so might find one of these and start one up with our new Argentinian flairmongers :clap: should be fun.

I decided to do this but then Battipiedi wasn't on the game and Baz was rated awfully (has half of Holroyd's rating...).

Kishishev is a beast though

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Have updated the squad to the present one with play edior and have juts started a new game (found Baz but had to create Battipaldi and Caskey). According to FM we have probs at left back, GK, DM and upfront.

Have bought in: Larsen (GK), Antwi (cover RB), Pla (cover LB), Trzeckiewicz (cover DM) and got Lua Lua on loan but after great friendlies outplayed but lost to Walsall at home and got sucker punched by Watford away in the cup. Brentford away sometime before lunch...

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Just completing pre-season before my 6th season in charge of the Albion.

1st year - won League 1 play-offs.
2nd year - 14th Championship.
3rd year - won The Championship.
4th year - 17th in The Prem.
5th year - 6th in The Prem.

I CANNOT wait to have a crack at Europe this year! Bloom has been very generous with his cheque book too - he has just given me a £30 million war chest!

Current starting XI:

GK: Rhys Taylor
RB: Juanra
LB: Van Aanholt
CB: Wheater
CB: Van Buyten
DM: Ailton
CM: Douglas Costa
CM: Mariga
ST: Dindane
ST: Yakubu
ST: Moses

I need to have a look at my ageing strike-force, but my new strength in midfield is OUTRAGEOUS.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
First time I've played for ages yesterday, sitting pretty after 13 games, a whole 3 points clear!... I've done a lot of updating with the editor in regards to player transfers throughout the whole of England but I wouldn't have a clue how to turn it into a patch for people to download but would be willing to if someone explained how.

My current team:

Peter Brezovan

Inigo Calderon
Tommy Elphick
Gordon Greer
Olivier Bernard (Free Transfer)

Elliott Bennett
Radostan Kishishev
Matt Sparrow
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (Loan - Arsenal)

Ashley Barnes
Darius Vassell (Free Transfer)

Subs:

Michael Poke
Gavin Hoyte (Loan - Arsenal)
Marcos Painter
Gary Dicker
Rudolph Douala (Free Transfer)
Agustin Battipiedi
Cristian Baz

Other Signings:
Medy Elito (£5,000 - Colchester United)
Paris Cowan-Hall (Free Transfer)
Lee Trundle (Free Transfer)
Oliver Nicholas (Free Transfer For Youth Team)
Salif Diao-Jimenez (Free Transfer For Youth Team)
Steven Lozano-Calderon (Free Transfer For Youth Team)
Jack Cork (Loan - Chelsea)
Ritchie De Laet (Loan - Manchester United)

Players Out:

Adam El-Abd (£55,000 - Peterborough United)
Gary Hart (£16,000 - Scunthorpe United)
Glenn Murray (Loan - Southend United)
Grant Hall (Loan - Thurrock)
Mitch Walker (Loan - Aldershot)
James Smith (Loan - Chesterfield)
Conor Wilkins (Loan - Lewes)
George Barker (Loan - Torquay United)
Steve Cook (Loan - Barnet)
Lewis Dunk (Loan - Gillingham)
Andrew Whing (Loan - Wycombe Wanderers)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Right... update.... Lua Lua broke his leg and sent him back to Newcastle!!!

No matter, won 3-1 at Brentford and held on to a 1-0 win at Huddersfield even after El Abd, deputising for injured Elphick got sent off after 48 mins. Larsen was MOM

Have had to accept we have a striker problem and have splashed out 120k on Sondre Aas from Rosenberg and Tahirovic on loan for the season.

With these two yet to play the current team is:

Larsen, Antwi (Calderon out for 5 weeks), Dunk (Elphick out for 4 and El Abd suspended), Greer, Painter, Kishishev, Dicker, Sparrow, Battipaldi, Murray, Barnes.

As Bennett was my only optiopn, I have given up with wingers and now developing Bennett as an AMC

Subs: Poke, Cook, Pla, Navarro, Baz, Bennett, Aas (unfit)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
who's a good goalkeeper to sign in your first season as Brighton. All of ours are RUBBISH.

Smith is more than alright until you get the other positions sorted

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
who's a good goalkeeper to sign in your first season as Brighton. All of ours are RUBBISH.

I've got Paul Smith from Forest coming in in January for £100k, scouts say he's Championship standard. Think I need a CB too, any ideas there?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Smith is more than alright until you get the other positions sorted

I editted him out of our squad, got this seasons squad apart from Casper....hmmm maybe Casper is good

I've got Paul Smith from Forest coming in in January for £100k, scouts say he's Championship standard. Think I need a CB too, any ideas there?

I've got Greer and Paul Wotton from Southampton

Jimmy Grimble

Do all of you lot start on automatic? And do any of you 'cheat' by downloading tactics?

If not then some of you are very good!

Me and a few mates have an online save. The five of us started in League Two, all as teams with a media prediction below 10th.

One person got promoted first season. I got promoted second season comfortably, as did the other three in the following season. Since then the person who got promoted first season has moved onto Swansea, I'm 4th in my second season in League One, someone else is just outside the play offs and the other two are in and about the relegation zone.

None of us have particularly high wage bills (below the league average), but reading how other people have done on here I'm questioning whether we are any good?! Some of you lot seem to progress a bit quicker by the look of things.

We're using a patch btw, but it's not a great one.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Do all of you lot start on automatic? And do any of you 'cheat' by downloading tactics?

If not then some of you are very good!

Me and a few mates have an online save. The five of us started in League Two, all as teams with a media prediction below 10th.

One person got promoted first season. I got promoted second season comfortably, as did the other three in the following season. Since then the person who got promoted first season has moved onto Swansea, I'm 4th in my second season in League One, someone else is just outside the play offs and the other two are in and about the relegation zone.

None of us have particularly high wage bills (below the league average), but reading how other people have done on here I'm questioning whether we are any good?! Some of you lot seem to progress a bit quicker by the look of things.

We're using a patch btw, but it's not a great one.

I've used my own tactics from the creator, and have been astounded at some of the results I've got, especially away. I'm 5th at the moment I think, but have beaten Carlisle 6-3 after going 2-0 down, beaten Southampton 3-1 away and just beaten previously undefeated leaders Norwich 1-0 away. However, I have managed to lose to 23rd-placed Hartlepool at home. I'm also set as International Footballer which I know makes a bit of difference with signings (but hey, Gus was one!) but not actual performances as far as I'm aware.

Jimmy Grimble

Likewise on the tactics, I've gone through a few but I think I've found what works best for me now.

It's a 4-3-3 with two midfielders working as defensive playmakers and one as an attacking midfielder.

Playing with wingers worked well for me in League Two but in League One it never seemed to work, thus the change to the 4-3-3.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports