Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Football Manager 2010 Career Thread

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
1st Season With Livingston (3rd Divison - Scotland), Came 3rd, in play off finals (2 legs) against Cowdenbeath.
Went on such a shit run in the middle part of the season, which took me from walking the league, to 4th.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
right then, just got it, about to start as brighton, can someone please recomend some brilliant young prospects or wonder buys e.t.c. i can get to bolster the shower i have atm

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
right then, just got it, about to start as brighton, can someone please recomend some brilliant young prospects or wonder buys e.t.c. i can get to bolster the shower i have atm

Misfud(ST,AM), Omozusi(CB,RB), Pericard(ST), Bakayoko(LB/LM), Milojevic(LM),Pele(CB) - all free agents.
Matthew Roome (CB) - 45k from Vila

I sugest asking your board for a parent club asap, Get a yearly friendly, 80k and a load of youth players on loan from a "big club" (Mine's Arsenal)

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand

HAJTO! Polish centre back. Wonderful leader, inspirational even! Put him as captain, Virgo vice. You'll be laughing. Sell McNulty at all costs.

Good right-back: Maurice Ross available on free too. Could get Ivan Campo if you're cheeky.

Happy Gaming :clap2:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Misfud(ST,AM), Omozusi(CB,RB), Pericard(ST), Bakayoko(LB/LM), Milojevic(LM),Pele(CB) - all free agents.

I sugest asking your board for a parent club asap, Get a yearly friendly, 80k and a load of youth players on loan from a "big club" (Mine's Arsenal)

Thanks for the advice, brought most of them, omozusi was valued at 1.2mil playing for fulham however

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Thanks for the advice, brought most of them, omozusi was valued at 1.2mil playing for fulham however

Dismiss all your staff apart from your scouting team and the following coaches:

Vic Bragg
Matt Miller

Get a decent GK coach as that benefitted me with Kuipers and Smith.
Get Bobby Downes as your right-hand man and you'll be flying mate!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Dismiss all your staff apart from your scouting team and the following coaches:

Vic Bragg
Matt Miller

Get a decent GK coach as that benefitted me with Kuipers and Smith.
Get Bobby Downes as your right-hand man and you'll be flying mate!

sure your not just trying to wind me up philzo?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Any reason why misfud doesnt seem to exist in my game?

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated

Attachments

• gj.jpg
    gj.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 277

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Havenit bee on a for a while..... but took over Lewes about three weeks ago and our record is:

Season 1 - Waltzed BSS and FA Vase finalists
Season 2 - Waltzed BSQ and won FA Vase
Season 3 - Unbeaten in seven.... top of the table

Have spent abosultely zero in my time there and have a great young side but still have finacial problems na dplayers are beginnign to demnd conracts I cant afford. We've had one takepover already and the new board cant afford a stadium extension as we have packed crowds every game. Thinl we need to slow down and consolidate.

Two big signing were getting Pericard and Bernard on frees after they spent a whole season without a team.

First Team:

GK De Verts / Rondos
RB Medcalfe / Jake Mills
CBs Manning, Clancy, Fernandez, Hajrovic and Cullip on bench
LB Bernard, Scott brown
DMC Mozika, Keehan
RM Huggins, Redwood
CM Matt Richards, Beck, Chamberlain
LM Doherty, Chantler
S - Pericard, Williams, Amos, Mak

HalfTimeOrange

Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
Does anybody still play this and have any careers worth talking about?

Started a new Brighton one today, just about to kick off the first game of the League One season, good pre-season except a 3-0 loss to Shrewsbury and 4-2 loss to Peterbrough, but team have gelled well and should have a good season.

Strongest team:

GK: G.Smith
RB: A.Whing
LB: J.McNulty
CB: J.Tunnicliffe
CB: A.Virgo (should be signing a replacement soon)
RM: E.Bennett
LM: M.Gradel
CM: A.Crofts/G.Dicker
CM: A.Kabous (bargain freebie, i would reccomend him)
ST; M.Mifsud
ST: L.Dickinson

also signed Enoch Showumni from Leeds :)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I took on the Portsmouth challenge, and a very generous fixturelist gave me Chelsea (A), Man Utd (H), Liverpool (A) and Everton (H) but after that nightmare start (point against Utd, 3-0 win against Everton) I went on a run of 1 defeat in 17 games, and 13 in a row unbeaten in all competitions, until a 4-3 home defeat to Chelsea. Gutting, to be fair. But going well, were 4th before the Chelsea result and now dropped to 6th after losing 3-0 to Arsenal at the Emirates before only drawing 0-0 with 10 man Sunderland. Dropped to 8th after that, but beat Tottenham 2-1 to climb up to 6th. Doing ok.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Does anybody still play this and have any careers worth talking about?

Started a new Brighton one today, just about to kick off the first game of the League One season, good pre-season except a 3-0 loss to Shrewsbury and 4-2 loss to Peterbrough, but team have gelled well and should have a good season.

Strongest team:

GK: G.Smith
RB: A.Whing
LB: J.McNulty
CB: J.Tunnicliffe
CB: A.Virgo (should be signing a replacement soon)
RM: E.Bennett
LM: M.Gradel
CM: A.Crofts/G.Dicker
CM: A.Kabous (bargain freebie, i would reccomend him)
ST; M.Mifsud
ST: L.Dickinson

also signed Enoch Showumni from Leeds :)

have just unearthed a real GEM... after being pormoted to the championship I needed a good striker... scouts reccomeneded a 17 year-old from Athletic Bilbao. He cost me 775k (my whole budget!!!) and he repiad me by Peter ward's folascoring record with 38 goals in 46 games as we won the Championship at the fişrst attempt.

His name.... IKER MUNIAIN and I have just found out that he recenlty became the youngest ever goalscorer in Spain's top division and there is Man Utd supporter2s petition, calling him the best teenger in the world.

775... worh EVERY penny!

Haven't posted in the thread before so apologies for the long post.

I am in 2017 and at the top end of the Prem (won it for the first time last season). Of the original squad the only member remaining is Tommy Elphick, who is club captain and about 4th/5th choice centre back. Seasons have been something like this;

2009/10 1st League One
2010/11 11th Championship (just above Palace!)
2011/12 1st Championship (completely fluked it with a crap team)
2012/13 20th Premiership (had no chance)
2013/14 1st Championship (managed to built a decent side using the few Prem-quality players I had and a few good buys)
2014/15 8th Premiership (mostly the same side)
2015/16 4th Premiership, won UEFA cup
2016/17 1st Premiership, won League Cup, lost finals of Champions League and FA Cup

General advice would be to buy older players as you are moving up the leagues and keep them for as long as you can; I had Freddie Ljungberg from 2010-13 and he was quality, and is now an awesome coach, and Mario Pernia, a spanish left back who was ace from 2011-14, both until they retired. Also had Graeme Smith as my number 1 until 2014. I am playing my game straight through from the demo (so just English leagues to blue sq N/S) and some of the Irish regens are AMAZING, so watch out for them.

Real players in and around my team...
Keeper
Marco Amelia (Cagliari I think, becomes absolutely IMMENSE)

Defense;
Lee Hodson (former Watford, on a free in 2010, has been in and around the team ever since)
Jay Emmanual-Thomas (former Arsenal, bought for £2m and trained to be LB, now Englands first choice)
Tommy Elphick

Midfield;
Jack Rodwell (£25m from Everton)
Jose Baxter (£22m from Everton)
Nemanja Matic (£2m from Chelsea, in and around team since 2012)
George Moncur (£7m West Ham, first choice for England now is QUALLA)
Michael Potts (starts at Man Utd, got him on a free from Man City and gets 20 goals a season. Lampard-esque)

Other notable signings include Michael Owen (for one season in the Championship), Victor Anichebe (who absolutely tore up the Championship alongside Owen) and Isaac Osbourne (bought in first transfer window in 2009/10 and was in the team for 4 years). Am now concentrating on youth (hoovering up lots of 15/16 year olds) to try to make sure that in future I can meet the Champions League requirement of 4 homegrown players (currently 2 with 2 spaces left empty).

Problem with lack of space at the new stadium as the board say the council won't give permission to expand it. Have just used a real time editor to change the expansion capacity so that the board can expand as required so that will hopefully stop being a bottleneck.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
how do you use a real time editor? is it possible to use it on the 2008 version?

The best is FMRTE... there is a 2008 version.... I do use mine for scouting only and getting around issues like council refusing extension etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here