Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Official cricket score Bayern versus Man U thread ****

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thing is with tiki taka if the opposition try and match you, they will get stung...play defensive and counter...tiki taka struggles in the final third

I'm not sure what you're saying here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bayern were quite convincing winners all things considered.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
A very efficient (dare I say, stereotypically German) performance from Bayern in the end.

Atletico knock out Barca as well, 1-0 on the night and 2-1 on aggregate.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Man United have been er, Man United-ed. In the old days if you scored against United they would come back and murder you, in both these two games United scored first and Bayern came back strongly. Mind you they did keep it down to 4-2 which is a bit of a victory. Could be a pair of great semi finals now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In the final 10-15 minutes. It was anyone's before that.

Bayern didn't look overly troubled at Old Trafford and emerged with a draw and the important away goal. And tonight United's goal seemed to spur them on. The outcome of this game was never in any doubt in my mind. 4-2 says a lot.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Brave performance from United. Had Welbecks goal been allowed and the one on one in the first leg they'd probably be through. 2nd leg was always a tough ask but they gave it a right good go.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In the final 10-15 minutes. It was anyone's before that.

Bayern had 65% possession tonight apparently. That's a team in control.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Brave performance from United. Had Welbecks goal been allowed and the one on one in the first leg they'd probably be through. 2nd leg was always a tough ask but they gave it a right good go.

Far too many poor players in their team, Rooney being one of them, over valued and over paid. That and again too soft players rolling all over the place pretending to be injured whilst their team mates are trying to attack, very poor show.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Barca had 71% possession tonight. Didn't do them a great deal of good...

I did not say possession is everything. I simply pointed out that Bayern had the vast majority of the possession and ultimately won the game pretty clearly i.e. because of this I felt they looked comfortable across both ties. They left Old Trafford in command of the tie, and finished the job in Bavaria.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Barcelona football is a thing of the past now, German efficiency is the way now. Looks like tonight will be the last Champions League football for Man U for a long time unless UEFA manufacture then a place as best losers or something

And there I was thinking that Barcelona's old manager was currently managing Bayern.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I did not say possession is everything. I simply pointed out that Bayern had the vast majority of the possession and ultimately won the game pretty clearly i.e. because of this I felt they looked comfortable across both ties. They left Old Trafford in command of the tie, and finished the job in Bavaria.

United had to win and therefore went to attacking football, this allowed Guardiola's style of play to begin. It's when the game opened up United couldn't match or keep Bayern back.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
United had to win and therefore went to attacking football, this allowed Guardiola's style of play to begin. It's when the game opened up United couldn't match or keep Bayern back.

Both sides had to win this round. It was over 2 legs; Bayern did the hard work at Old Trafford and forced United's hand to attack in the second leg. Your post seems to overlook the first game. What made United have to resort to attacking football?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Barcelona football is a thing of the past now, German efficiency is the way now.

Hear hear. It's not like Barcelona's ex-manager has gone over to Munich and got them playing like Barca used to......hold on just a minute.....why I ortta.... are you fishing again!?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Far too many poor players in their team, Rooney being one of them, over valued and over paid. That and again too soft players rolling all over the place pretending to be injured whilst their team mates are trying to attack, very poor show.

True. And isn't it wonderful!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hear hear. It's not like Barcelona's ex-manager has gone over to Munich and got them playing like Barca used to......hold on just a minute.....why I ortta.... are you fishing again!?

Come on, Pep is a German now. I have seen a picture of him in lederhosen, he speaks the language and even mentioned "a big glass of beer" in his pre-match interview. It's the way forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here