Uffern
I'm going to have a fiver on 1-0 to Man U, could surprise a few people

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
American owner
Mata, De Gea, RVP, Kagawa and various other overrated expensive foreigners
"Supporters" all over China and Singapore

The only thing English about Man Utd is their location. And "world class" Wayne Rooney. So really it's a choice between an overrated mostly foreign team in a club with arrogant plastic fans, and possibly the best team in the world from the most obnoxious part of Germany where people believe their sh!t doesn't stink.

It's not an easy decision.

They don't much care for their American owner, and at least they've organised a campaign against their owner, which is more than we can say for City or Chelsea whose owners are -- and many thought this would not be possible -- even more repulsive.
And De Gea is probably the best goalie in the world at present.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I think Moyes will do an Oscar and set up for a 0-0 draw, you could do worse tonight than have a fiver double on Man U & Albion both to be 0-0 tonight

Bayern have scored in every game they've played this season. No chance united have the defence to hold off 90 minutes worth of bayern attacks

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think Moyes will do an Oscar and set up for a 0-0 draw, you could do worse tonight than have a fiver double on Man U & Albion both to be 0-0 tonight

0-0 at home is often a decent result, especially in Europe where away goals are so precious in a tight round.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I don't think this will be as clear cut as many think - I think the first leg might be quite a cautious affair.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They don't much care for their American owner, and at least they've organised a campaign against their owner, which is more than we can say for City or Chelsea whose owners are -- and many thought this would not be possible -- even more repulsive.

'Organised a campaign', my ballsack.

Worn a few green and yellow scarves? Christ, that'll show them.

Look at the pictures of these MORONS filing out of the Old Trafford megastore with bulging carrier bags, having just chucked another wedge into the Glazers' pockets, all the while DEFIANTLY wearing their Newton Heath scarves.

Absolute tools. Campaign? Joke.

Oh - United 1-2 Bayern

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
'Organised a campaign', my ballsack.

Worn a few green and yellow scarves? Christ, that'll show them.

Look at the pictures of these MORONS filing out of the Old Trafford megastore with bulging carrier bags, having just chucked another wedge into the Glazers' pockets, all the while DEFIANTLY wearing their Newton Heath scarves.

Absolute tools. Campaign? Joke.

Oh - United 1-2 Bayern

Ever heard of FC United?
And about the only campaign that's better than the anti-Glazer one is B&HA filtering out The Amex when the opposition score a second goal. Think of Palace, Ipswich and Middlesborough: it's like clockwork.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I could be wrong here, but aren't Bayern Munich just the German equivalent of Man United (except good at football)?

Big crowds, won loads of trophies, have loads of floating glory-hunter fans etc. They don't get called FC Hollywood by Germans for nothing.

They are cracking to watch lately, but I can't necessarily separate them from United in a "clubs I'd never support" sense.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ever heard of FC United?

Obviously. FC United isn't a 'campaign' against the Glazers. Its a new football club, started up by those who chose to walk away from the United, that they felt was no longer the club they'd once supported. Laudable intentions - good on them. But its in no way a campaign AGAINST what's happening at United now -merely an alternative to it. Do you think the Glazer family give a toss about them?

And about the only campaign that's better than the anti-Glazer one is B&HA filtering out The Amex when the opposition score a second goal. Think of Palace, Ipswich and Middlesborough: it's like clockwork.

er, great. :shrug:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Obviously. FC United isn't a 'campaign' against the Glazers. Its a new football club, started up by those who chose to walk away from the United, that they felt was no longer the club they'd once supported. Laudable intentions - good on them. But its in no way a campaign AGAINST what's happening at United now -merely an alternative to it. Do you think the Glazer family give a toss about them?

FC United is a permanent campaign against the Glazers, so it is precisely a campaign against what is happening at United now or, better still, it is a premonition of what is happening at United now. How can it be interpreted otherwise?
And no, I don't think the Glazers give a toss about FC United. They only give a toss about something else.
And to reiterate my original point, the anti-Glazer campaign demonstrates that at least a section of United's support has some sense of dignity and history. Which is in stark contrast to it's local rivals: Manchester is the birthplace of the proletariat; look at how workers are treated -- or, better, excluded for everything apart from miserable labour -- by the owners of City and all the other kleptocrats that are sitting on a great big pile of oil. If City supporters had any sense of dignity and history, they'd launch a campaign against that, even if it's a futile one.
Chelsea, being from the more narcissistic part of London, have somewhat less of an excuse than do City, but their owner is another kleptocrat of the highest order.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
FC United is a permanent campaign against the Glazers, so it is precisely a campaign against what is happening at United now or, better still, it is a premonition of what is happening at United now. How can it be interpreted otherwise?
And no, I don't think the Glazers give a toss about FC United. They only give a toss about something else.
And to reiterate my original point, the anti-Glazer campaign demonstrates that at least a section of United's support has some sense of dignity and history. .

Nope - FCU is an alternative, for those who are disillusioned with the Manchester United of the Glazer era. At most you could call it a memorial to the old United, or perhaps a testament to it. Its no campaign against it - not unless they are there outside OT every game, picketing supporters / tourists, and trying to persuade them to come to Gigg Lane instead.

And the 'anti-Glazer campaign' at OT amounts to nothing but some cheap scarves. Anyone wearing a green and yellow scarf, whilst sat in a seat they've paid the Glazers £80 for, munching on a £6 hot-dog, really is very, very, very dim.

Which is in stark contrast to it's local rivals: Manchester is the birthplace of the proletariat; look at how workers are treated -- or, better, excluded for everything apart from miserable labour -- by the owners of City and all the other kleptocrats that are sitting on a great big pile of oil. If City supporters had any sense of dignity and history, they'd launch a campaign against that, even if it's a futile one.
Chelsea, being from the more narcissistic part of London, have somewhat less of an excuse than do City, but their owner is another kleptocrat of the highest order.

Its the responsibility of Manchester City supporters to start a class war? Whatever.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nope - FCU is an alternative, for those who are disillusioned with the Manchester United of the Glazer era. At most you could call it a memorial to the old United, or perhaps a testament to it. Its no campaign against it - not unless they are there outside OT every game, picketing supporters / tourists, and trying to persuade them to come to Gigg Lane instead.

And the 'anti-Glazer campaign' at OT amounts to nothing but some cheap scarves. Anyone wearing a green and yellow scarf, whilst sat in a seat they've paid the Glazers £80 for, munching on a £6 hot-dog, really is very, very, very dim.

Its the responsibility of Manchester City supporters to start a class war? Whatever.

This, If 60,000 Man U " Fans " had simply stopped going and threw their weight behind FC United then fair enough. Meanwhile despite the corporate rip offs and the Glazers milking the club the attendance remains pretty much the same.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One of those recent pricing surveys indicated that a pie and a pint at OT was about £1 cheaper than at the Amex.

Not sure about the hot dogs though.

Quite possibly. That's not REALLY the point though, is it? The Glazers have increased OT ticket prices by over 25% in four years, and sat back creaming off millions of pounds in 'fees' and 'dividends' on an 'investment' made with money that was never their's to invest.

Its an absolutely scandalous state of affairs, and anyone who was ACTUALLY demonstrating against it, would have my full support. Sitting in the Stretford End wearing a 'subversive' scarf, handing over cash, is a pathetic joke. In fact these morons are so thick, they'd buy those green and gold scarves FROM the club, if they could.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I can't stand the whole Guardiola/Barca/Bayern love in. Would welcome a United victory over the two legs. Unlikely I know.

Plus Robben is a diving ****. Great player though.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Quite possibly. That's not REALLY the point though, is it? The Glazers have increased OT ticket prices by over 25% in four years, and sat back creaming off millions of pounds in 'fees' and 'dividends' on an 'investment' made with money that was never their's to invest.

Its an absolutely scandalous state of affairs, and anyone who was ACTUALLY demonstrating against it, would have my full support. Sitting in the Stretford End wearing a 'subversive' scarf, handing over cash, is a pathetic joke. In fact these morons are so thick, they'd buy those green and gold scarves FROM the club, if they could.

On the one hand, you say that FC United doesn't constitute a demonstration against the Glazers. On the other hand, you say that anyone actually demonstrating against the Glazers would have your full support. On whom exactly, and for which acts, will you proffer your full support?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
On the one hand, you say that FC United doesn't constitute a demonstration against the Glazers. On the other hand, you say that anyone actually demonstrating against the Glazers would have your full support. On whom exactly, and for which acts, will you proffer your full support?

There's really no contradiction in anything I've said - not sure why you're trying to paint it as such.

FCUM - Impressive what they've achieved - as I've already said - setting that up as an alternative, for those that cannot stomach the new United, was a laudable aim.

But whatever FCUM is, its not a campaign AGAINST the Glazers. Its an absolute irrelevance to them. It means as much to Malcolm Glazer, as if they'd set that club up and called it FC Kickabout.

I'm bored of this now, but for one last time - the ONLY visible dissent against the Glazers' rape of Manchester United, is that a few fans turn up wearing a green and yellow scarf (whilst handing over bundles of cash). What exactly IS there, that you would like me to support?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here