skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Originally Posted by Brightonfan1983
Deadwood, Justified, Sons of Anarchy are essential viewing too...

For whom?.... Sadly all three of those are very low brow in my view.....

I don't understand the low brow comment, most of the shows on this thread could be called low brow from a certain point of view. If they're good they're good. I loved Deadwood and was very sorry when it was cancelled. I like Justified too, as far as I'm concerned the more films and TV shows based on Elmore Leonard stories the better. The new series of Justified starts tomorrow in the USA.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Good episode of “Elementary” last night with Vinnie Jones making a guest appearance as a psychopathic cockney who supports Arsenal (hasn’t he done that somewhere else before….)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Like the look of the US version of House of Cards that starts next month. The original was superb, thanks to a fantastic performance from Ian Richardson, but this one stars Kevin Spacey and judging by the trailer, he looks like just as compelling a villain.

[yt]ULwUzF1q5w4[/yt]

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
For those of you who recommended Eastbound and Down, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Breaking Bad to me... I salute you. Up to date on all three, and all are very very good, for their own reasons.

Now about to dip back in to this thread to make my morning tube journeys bearable...

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
I am loving Lie to Me with Tim Roth as a forensic psychologist, amazing series and incredible storylines.

Also Nurse Jackie is genius, dark in the mould of Breaking Bad, Weeds or Dexter.

Final top tip is Californication with David Duchovny, sex-crazed author with an eye for the laydeez.

All on Netflix, such amazing value for 6 quid a month....love to hear if anyone agrees with my faves?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
A lot of excitement stateside over the Following. Think it starts this week.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The Riches with Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver as a con man and wife who almost settle down was great. Seemed to slip under the radar. Definitely worth a watch.

Not obscure but dont miss Boardwalk Empire. Watch from the start - it gets better and better.

Some very good tips on this thread. Thanks NSC

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
“Archer”. Fourth series starts tonight. Always liked this cartoon, very non-PC and very funny.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
The Riches with Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver as a con man and wife who almost settle down was great. Seemed to slip under the radar. Definitely worth a watch.

Not obscure but dont miss Boardwalk Empire. Watch from the start - it gets better and better.

Some very good tips on this thread. Thanks NSC

Loved "The Riches", unfortunately another show cancelled without an ending, it's always a possibility when you follow an American show.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
New series of Eastbound and Down started a couple of weeks ago btw, don't know what channel as i watch them all on tv-links.eu, but still very very funny

Lots of people recommended Eastbound & Down sp I went old skool and bought Season 1 and Season 2 at HMV. Very enjoyable but I don't keep DVDs. So anyone who fancies trying it out and who doesn't download from dodgy sources, they're both here in eBay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321059365102&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I saw the season finale of "Fringe" last week. No spoilers but it was a very satisfactory conclusion to what was one of the better Sci Fi TV series. Looking forward to the start of the Following tomorrow

Cranky

Jan 13, 2007
Haven't seen it mentioned before in here but Generation Kill is excellent, only six episodes but well worth watching.

As many others have said Jericho and Friday Night Lights are both very good too.

For comedy you can't beat Curb Your Enthusiasm, am also quite enjoying Girls on Sky Atlantic at the moment.

Cranky

Jan 13, 2007
Just started The 4400, on netflix too. Not too shabby..

How are you getting on? I watched the first series and got hooked. By the time it got to the final series (4?) was really not enjoying it, but had to keep watching to find out the conclusion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here