Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Obscure" US TV choices - recommendations please

Jul 7, 2003
Far too much mainstream stuff on here considering the OP wanted obscure choices.

Therefore, I give you Night Court (Night Court (TV Series 19841992) - IMDb) - not known by many in the UK as it was aired on some long forgotten satellite channel in the early days of Sky but in the US won several awards for the cast.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Far too much mainstream stuff on here considering the OP wanted obscure choices.

Therefore, I give you Night Court (Night Court (TV Series 19841992) - IMDb) - not known by many in the UK as it was aired on some long forgotten satellite channel in the early days of Sky but in the US won several awards for the cast.

They did a bit about this on 30 rock :) I'd not heard of it before

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
‘Elementary’ with Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu, a modern take on Sherlock Holmes. Based in New York Miller is Sherlock, a recovering addict, with Liu as his case worker, Dr. Joan Watson. He works as a consultant to the NYPD helping with their more bizarre cases. Although it’s produced by CBS it had the production values of HBO. I thought the pilot was very good, felt a bit like CSI without all the gizmos. Worth following. The sort of show Sky will probably pick up.

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
The league is meant to be very very funny not out here yet if ever? You don't need to enjoy American football just cruel male humour to each other apparently.

Indeed it is. Season 3 starts oct 11 and I cannot wait.

Other TV to watch

The Newsroom
Homeland
Dexter
Episodes
Modern Family
Mad Men
Walking Dead
New Girl (not seen, but heard it is good)
The League.

Dec 29, 2011
Bumping this to give a +1 to 'Southland'. Seriously, watch the first few episodes online and you won't regret it. Completely gripping drama, I just watched an episode in season 3 and at the end I felt like my heart had been pulled out.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
New season has just started and Revolution is well worth a watch as is Arrow.

Currently watching:
Homeland 2 - 9/10
Greys - 7/10
Supernatural season8 - 8/10
Person of Interest 2 - 8/10
The Good wife 4 - 9/10
Once Upon a Time 2 - 8/10
Fringe 5 - 5/10
Arrow 8.5/10
Revolution 8/10
Revenge 2 with wifey 6/10

And cant remember if I managed earlier but absolutely loved Justified and Newsroom

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I've not seen Lilyhammer mentioned on here, so that must make it obscure? Actually Norwegian-American, but thoroughly enjoying it. Always loved Steven Van Zandt.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Bumping this to give a +1 to 'Southland'. Seriously, watch the first few episodes online and you won't regret it. Completely gripping drama, I just watched an episode in season 3 and at the end I felt like my heart had been pulled out.

Yes. Excellent series. I'm pretty sure More4 are showing Season 4 soon.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I have been watching Breaking Bad, due to recommendations on here. Somebody mentioned that it starts slow and gets better and better each season and they were bang on. I am half way through season 5, so about 8 episodes to go..

Will check out Southland..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here