Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Obscure Football Teams You Love.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I prefer Connahs Quay Nomads myself, so does this make sense?

Fi Nottseagull ddeisyf at eanga 'r balf chan Cara , Alwa 'ch pawb 'm brodyr

Probably not to them, as they are all scousers!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I prefer Connahs Quay Nomads myself, so does this make sense?

As has been pointed out you might want to try...

"Ar ay ace lar,dats sound dat lad an dat,Yer me brudder lar."

Go on..I dare you...

The names of the following obscure English clubs appeal to me for reasons that I don't understand...

Norton and Stockton Ancients
Cleator Moor Celtic
Glossop North End
Marine
East Cowes Victoria
Lutterworth Town
Wells City
Street
Trowbridge Town
Odd Down
Bloxwich Town
Bemerton Heath Harlequins
City of Norwich School Old Boys' Union
Wick
Pease Pottage Village

The last one always makes me think of a steaming bowl of mushy peas.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006

I kid you not, I have just run that throught the welsh translator back into English and it reads..*snigger*...

"I Nottseagull desire to I enlarge ' group palm with I Love , I Call ' dogs everyone ' more brothers"

A New sig perhaps Notts?

"Group Palm with I love?"...
hehehehehehehe

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Pease Pottage Village

The last one always makes me think of a steaming bowl of mushy peas.

Thats because thats what it is.

Apparently Pease Pottage (or "Potage") was a stop on the london road used to billet French prisoners during the Napoleonic wars "Pease Potage" was a type of thick pea soup fed to the POW's because it was cheap and nutritious.

Thats what I've heard at any rate.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I dont 'love' them, but I keep an eye on Real Betis' results in Spain. And Schalke 04 in Germany. But as I said, I dont really give a shit. I even think Real Betis went down this year.

There's a couple of Non-League teams I like to see do well, too. ; Leigh RMI (Now Leigh Genesis), Rushden & Diamonds (Few of my Spurs mates, keep asking get to here games)

tomysupercup

North Stand Kollective
Sep 17, 2004
NORTH STAND
Xerez CD from Jerez in Andalucia (southern Spain).

Family connection. Been to a few games out there, did a brief (!) match report/review in TSLR009, which some one might have read.

Just won the Spainish 2nd division and been promoted to "La Liga" for the first time in their history. Cue mental (5 day) celebrations and numerous open top bus tours, the city has gone absolutely mad over the last week.

They only stayed up on the last game of last season too!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Merthyr Tydfil, been to watch them loads since they are just up the road.

Stalybridge Celtic, where the missus comes from.

Evesham Town, where I used to live.

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of any of them, but I look out for their results and when they and Brighton win everything is alright with the world.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Zawisza Bydgoszcz, who play at the snappily-named Stadion Zdzisława Krzyszkowiaka ...

stadion_zawisza.jpg

"Ja Mikolaj życzenie posyłać wam kochacie i piękne myśli. wołam (dzwonić do) was całych braci!!!"

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
My second team are Barcelona, not sure they count as obscure though.

Other than that, Rayo Vallecano in Spain, because I got given them as a random team in an FM game a few years back and have since got slightly attached. I keep half an eye on their results and usually play a game as them on each version of FM.

Ironically, they have recently signed in real life a striker who I signed for them in the game and who couldn't stop scoring, so here's hoping for the same.

4.jpg

Other than that, St Patrick's Athletic from Ireland because I saw a game of theirs when I went on holiday there last year, they knocked IF Elfsborg out of the UEFA Cup.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
To most over here, the Albion are an obscure football team...

My local club from home who get rather a lot of my attention (and finances, unfortunately, being a shareholder) are Finn Harps of the FAI League of Ireland Division 1.

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
Panionios - a small (yet, top-flight) Athenian team. Best friend from university was (is?) Greek. Been over to see them play a couple of times, including a win in the Olympic Stadium against Olympiakos.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Have a soft spot for the best Village Football Team in the country, not far away from me - Forest Green Rovers!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here