Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC now in it for £££

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
paying for advertising is nothing new on NSC, been like that for a while now? Can't see what Bozza has done wrong if another similar paid ad is coming up.

That said, I don't think offering people job opportunities should be considered advertising myself. I've hired two people from NSC and both have done me proud and I consider to be good friends too.

Doesn't offering a commercial service on the site, ie advertising space for sale, open up an entirely new can of worms.

For a start there are the eCommerce Regulations which have to be complied with and full details displayed, (Full business details, VAT number, company registration number, email address of the provider, clear and unambiguous prices etc). More importantly full terms and conditions covering the purchase of such a service must be clearly displayed on the website.

Maybe if that had been done then the situation of someone unwittingly posting something that should have been paid for wouldn't have occurred ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I thought a bin feast was where a Palace fan took his new bird on a first date.

Not so common an event now McDonald's have added 360° CCTV surveillance to tables near bins and self clearing areas.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
it never really advertised his firm though did it in fairness ?
just his email at the end if it I do think that a employment section would be good for this site
perhaps even having a special number where by nsc benefits I do feel the op was acting with honest intention From that point I can see how he over reacted Just kiss and make up life is t o short

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I imagine if everyone of us that has posted on this thread were currently all stood in the pub with a beer and had actually said out loud what was posted then there would be some thoughtful moments of reflection followed by many realising what tits they had been, it would either then descend into a mass bar fight or given how prone to bravado most on here seem to be a good laugh would be had and everyone would get pissed. Get. A. Grip

+1

A very good post that, unfortunately, is lost on so many people when on forums and social media. Same goes for trolls as well.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Why not, they'd have to be paid for anywhere else?

Do companys have to pay the Job Centre? Genuine question I honestly don't know the answer to this.

But in reply to your question NSC is not an employment agency and until today I didn't realise trying to help a fellow BHA fan get employment/ training would cost.

If I decide to take on an apprentice for my plumbing business I will not pay £50 to advertise on here, at least 2 plumbing suppliers in Newhaven will put a card on a notice board for free.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I've done two things that have a commercial bent:

After a PM to Bozza to check what the appropriate format would be, I had a sponsored sticky for two weeks (costing £50) offering investment in people's businesses. Two investments have been made so far. Best £50 I've ever spent, I think. :thumbsup:

There was a post where I tried to see if there would be anyone who might want a job. I had thought that I had made the OP, but checking through the threads that I've started I can't find it, so perhaps it was embedded in someone else's? That thread got seriously derailed by folk questioning whether my management style &/or benefits packages in my companies were as I portrayed! (FWIW, they are.) Nobody was employed as a result of the post I made.

Thanks for answering my question, I do remember your post about the job,I
did think it was a thread you started, I can't remember the exact details but I was impressed with what you had posted about your companies.
Maybe no one was employed as the job offered wasn't local.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Darrens eh?

Your First Name of: Darren
Below is a brief analysis of the first name only. For an analysis of your full name and destiny, see our full free Name and Birth Date Report service for further details.

Your name of Darren gives you a clever mind, good business judgment, a sense of responsibility, and an appreciation of the finer things of life.

You are serious-minded and not inclined to make light of things even in little ways, and in your younger years you had more mature interests than others your age.

Home and family mean a great deal to you and it is natural that you should desire the security of a peaceful, settled home environment where you can enjoy the companionship of family and friends.

Whatever you set out to accomplish you do your very best to complete in accordance with what you consider to be right.

In the home you assume your responsibilities capably, having the self-confidence to form your own opinions and make your own decisions.

Others can rely on you; once you have given your word you will do your utmost to fulfil a responsibility.

However, there is a tendency to be a little too independent in your thinking and it is difficult for you to accept the help of others when you should.

Due to your strong sense of responsibility, you could experience worry and mental turmoil through assuming more responsibility than you should.

Friction could arise through others feeling that you were interfering with their rights and privileges, even though you are only trying to help.

:shrug: Could be something in that.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Do companys have to pay the Job Centre? Genuine question I honestly don't know the answer to this.

But in reply to your question NSC is not an employment agency and until today I didn't realise trying to help a fellow BHA fan get employment/ training would cost.

If I decide to take on an apprentice for my plumbing business I will not pay £50 to advertise on here, at least 2 plumbing suppliers in Newhaven will put a card on a notice board for free.
Me neither plenty of free sites to advertise vacancies on. Im interested in employing a local cabinet maker and was actually going to start a thread on Monday...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I don't think so, no. But the job centre is a government funded initiative, NSC isn't. And the point isn't so much that you should have to pay, it's that some people have paid to do it, and it would be totally unfair to those people to then let someone else do it for free!

And apart from anything else, it's Bozza's board, he can do what he wants with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here