Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC now in it for £££

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22389

Certainly not cheap running NSC, I can bet. If it was anything like the auctions I used to run it was costing the company 1700 quid a month on hosting fees. One server to run site and the other solely for the database and support with people who know what they where doing, not some bedroom outfit. When you get large numbers of people using one site, like NSC you just can't host these things on cheap webspace. It would fall over in about 2 mins. NSC needs to make as much money as possible and 50.00 quid for a sticky is certainly excellent value for money for the amount of visitors NSC gets. It would cost thousands to advertise on other popular sites.

D

Deleted User X18H

Now then now then! Now .......then.Wait a moment . I think I only have one tube and it's not sour cream and chive . Oh here they are - carry on.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Very much tongue in cheek. I'm sorry you took what I'd written seriously.

OK. Forgiven and sorry I took you the wrong way.

This debate aside the OP is a very decent man whose site has raised thousands for charity. People should know that.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
penfold's bin 555 cab sav.....wholemeal crackers and some castellato blue vein brie.........hmmmmmm!!!

*Pedant alert*

I'm going to regret this, I know, but....

Penfold's don't do a Bin 555. You're thinking of Wyndham's. Ummm, and it's a Shiraz, not a Cab.

Carry on...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
*Pedant alert*

I'm going to regret this, I know, but....

Penfold's don't do a Bin 555. You're thinking of Wyndham's. Ummm, and it's a Shiraz, not a Cab.

Carry on...

I really hope you're in the wine trade otherwise it makes you look that you might just drink a little too much wine :whistle:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
To illustrate how difficult this is, consider these...

1. http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?303767-Parent-gym-is-coming-to-Brighton - I was approached about it first, the organisation is a charity and the user is a long-standing member of NSC. So I said 'yes'. My gut instinct is there is some commercial activity related here, but gave the benefit of the doubt.

2. http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...oliday-sites&p=6413519&viewfull=1#post6413519. No permission asked, clearly a commercial enterprise and the user had previously made 2 posts on NSC in about 10 months before making 3 posts in quick succession promoting his business. I feel that is taking the piss. But what also happens is anyone else with a connection to the industry will think "if he's promoting himself, I'll do the same" and that quickly becomes a spam-fest. Multiply that over the trades and businesses that we are all involved in and the end result, if allowed to run free, would be horrible.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
OK. Forgiven and sorry I took you the wrong way.

This debate aside the OP is a very decent man whose site has raised thousands for charity. People should know that.

You know what - I'm more interested in what I consider to be unprovoked abuse splashed over every medium available to the OP and his very clear intent to try and discredit me.

Jimmy Saville did a lot for charity I believe.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I really hope you're in the wine trade otherwise it makes you look that you might just drink a little too much wine :whistle:

I'm not. I've often considered it, but don't want to turn a lifetime's passion and hobby into a business activity - I worry it would take all the fun out of it. You'll not be surprised to learn that I've just been prescribed Allopurinol though... :thumbsup:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Where's the twit-ter account?

This is the first proper flounce in ages.

I know it's supposed to be serious but it is entertaining - better than hoovering anyway.

PS - if the rules for this sort of post were published on the site and easily accessable - ie ask first before advertising - it might prevent this happening in the first place.

PPS - I have a large pile of increasingly smelly grass cuttings currently rotting in my compost bin. £50 to anyone who wants them and can collect.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
The bloke was trying to do someone on here a favour boy getting one of our sons into employment. Why should he pay

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
References to domestic abuse and Jimmy Savile give this thread the prospect of developing into a real binfest.

If Leeds counted as foreign, thus inviting comments about immigration, I'd be shouting "House" right about now...

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Just read this thread with a mixture of amusement - but mainly sadness. It was entertaining for a while - but also a completely avoidable storm in a tea cup.

Its great shame when people lose sight of the true perspective on things and then resort to social media, a dangerous tool once unleashed. Too often it seems the nature of the world these days to resort to toe to toe confrontation rather than show a bit of rationality and recognise that a sensible climb down is the way forward (or better still hit 'delete' rather than 'send'). There is no shame in showing a bit of humility, maybe retracting earlier comments - even giving an apology. Sort it out girls!

The sooner we announce the new kit and start signing a few players the better - then we can all focus on the really important stuff....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here