Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Could be . . . . Drunken anger & rage caused by England bowing out of the World Cup leading to a loss of innocence, hope, self respect and dignity. Hopefully all the anger was taken out on NSC & not his partner's face???

Edit: repeat idea!!!! Just read the above!

I'm staying a million miles away from the main debate but having met the OP and written for him for a year I can tell you the bit in bold is very, very out of order. Wouldn't happen.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I can tell you the bit in bold is very, very out of order. Wouldn't happen.

Ummm, I think you might mean the opposite of what you just wrote. Unless you think there is more chance of him taking his anger out on his partner's face than on NSC, that is. :thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The clever thing to do might have been to start a thread on modern apprenticeships - preferably with a controversial standpoint to get some discussion going - and then build the "opportu ities" in asxthe dialogue progressed.
On the other hand this thread achieves much the same aim.........although whether it was worth the permanent ban.........hmmm???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
although whether it was worth the permanent ban.........hmmm???

No one has been banned. The OP requested, via email, for his account on NSC to be removed but after that he came and made this post anyway. If his account is removed it will be of his choice, not mine.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ummm, I think you might mean the opposite of what you just wrote. Unless you think there is more chance of him taking his anger out on his partner's face than on NSC, that is. :thumbsup:

Yep thanks.

I have found the OP to be a decent and honourable person. He wouldn't touch his partner.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Started well but tailed off quickly to a possible embarrassing start this morning. Always these happen when I go to bed early :)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Started well but tailed off quickly to a possible embarrassing start this morning. Always these happen when I go to bed early :)

I was wondering whether it might all tail off to an embarrassing start today too. I'm not sure though - the tweets (and retweets from a second account - really?!) make climbing down very much harder and more public.

Possible outcomes:

1) Awakes with a headache, thinks "Oh, bugger" - apologises on here and on Twitter, takes whatever dispute he has with Bozza to a PM - everyone moves on. Seems unlikely, but BIG kudos if this happens.

2) Never posts again. Possibly the most likely outcome?

3) Ramps the vitriol up on here/Twitter. Shirley not - what would be the point?

4) Ignores this thread, but posts normally in others. Would be a bit chicken, but might hope that other NSC users would forget this thread and let it slide. A significant minority wouldn't. This would be a mistaken approach, imo.

We'll see!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Someone perhaps hit the sauce a bit too much last night.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Right, in brief...

I've always been quite relaxed about informal advertising on NSC - links to businesses in signatures, commercial enterprises contacting users via PM to offer their services and the "does anyone know a good XXXXXX?" requests.

However I've been repeatedly asked for more structured paid-for advertising on NSC and the 'sponsored sticky' has been something that seems to work. For £50 you get to write your own ad, include any images and links of your choosing and respond to queries directly on NSC. Given the reach of NSC, I believe that represents decent value and I've even contacted some of those who have paid to make sure that's the case, offering a full/partial refund if it hasn't worked out for them. Nobody has wanted a refund.

If we let anyone post any vaguely commercial-centric post on NSC then it would quickly be completely over-run with spam, it really would, but each case is judged on individual merit. Most of the time people will drop me a line asking if it's OK to post something and when people are polite enough to do this, then they generally get a 'yes'. If @nomoremithras4me had asked me prior to making his post, I would have probably given the same response as I did with my PM but I don't know because he didn't ask. People have paid to advertise recruitment on NSC before so why should someone else get the same for free? But, if I am mis-reading the situation then at least a conversation about it would have made that clear.

As it is, I wasn't asked, I sent what I thought was a reasonable PM and I then got a reply via PM. Before I read that reply I got an email requesting for his NSC account to be removed and before I read that I was abused multiple times on Twitter by @nomoremithras4me who also retweeted the abuse from other Twitter accounts he controls. The icing on the cake is this thread and the publishing of a message that was private. Nice. Thanks for that.

And let's remember - we're talking about £50 here. Not £500. Not £5000. At peak times, £50 pays for NSC to keep running for a little over two days. NSC also makes 4 figure charity donations every year - we like da kidz.

All in all, I'm at a bit of a loss on this one as I think I've acted reasonably. I can only assume that @nomoremithras4me has long held a grudge and this gave him the opportunity to let rip. Having never met the chap, I'm only guessing though.

But but but

He attended BHA-Palarse meetings on more than one occasion and reported back to NSC. And he arrived home at 2300 after leaving home at 0600.

I am going to start a campaign. Justice for thenomoremithras4me one !

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Must be a mixture of joy and hate to run a site like this, can't possible pitch it to suit everyone. Meanwhile there's an army of sycophants hanging on your every word, jumping on people when they think it might further their status (in their own eyes). All pretty sad and childish. My idea of hell.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The OP has had a rant so what its only the internet for ffs?
To suggest he abuses his wife/partner because of a few lines on a message board is disgusting.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I was wondering whether it might all tail off to an embarrassing start today too. I'm not sure though - the tweets (and retweets from a second account - really?!) make climbing down very much harder and more public.

Possible outcomes:

1) Awakes with a headache, thinks "Oh, bugger" - apologises on here and on Twitter, takes whatever dispute he has with Bozza to a PM - everyone moves on. Seems unlikely, but BIG kudos if this happens.

2) Never posts again. Possibly the most likely outcome?

3) Ramps the vitriol up on here/Twitter. Shirley not - what would be the point?

4) Ignores this thread, but posts normally in others. Would be a bit chicken, but might hope that other NSC users would forget this thread and let it slide. A significant minority wouldn't. This would be a mistaken approach, imo.

We'll see!
:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here