Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now with squad complete, where do you think we will finish?

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I said we'd be comfortably within the playoffs. Although now I'd be tempted to rephrase that as painfully short of automatic promotion.

No automatic promotion, but we'll be one of the finalists in the playoffs.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Second. Possibly first.

Even CMS will score with the service he will get now! If not, there is always the loan market. Having said that, Dobbie is probably our main striker now, but I am not sure how we will play him, as he appears to be a "second striker" type player who likes to break from deep as things unfold in front of him.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We will not finish top 2. Forest have an outstanding squad now and teams like Blackpool, Blackburn, Wolves are all better than us in my opinion. 6-10th imo

stugbhafc1

Stuie G
Aug 4, 2011
Southwick
Its a very strong league this year alot of teams making big signings if we finish around the play offs good season, but need to vastly improve our away form.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
4th or 5th for me.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I will hold fire on this for now

I think Gus needs to find his best/favourite starting XI... I'm still not sure that we have the firepower up front to win this league this season!

I can see more goals coming from midfield but will it be enough for a top 6 finish? I'm not convinced right now!

Happy enough with the assembled squad but it could take a while for the team to gel which may delay our meteoric rise. Just my opinion like.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
No idea. Other clubs have been strenghening - and started out in a better position than us. If the forward line start firing there should be no reason we can't make the play-offs.

But another 10 clubs will be thinking the same.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Assuming most stay fit, suspensions are kept to a minimum, they new players settle and gel with the team and pay to their potential then mabe then we should be safe from relegation and instead we can dream I think 5th is a possibility

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Agree with consensus of better than last season but we have just come off a run of 11 competitive matches without a win and the new players will have to be integrated over a few matches. And there are a lot of good teams in this League.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
We will not finish top 2. Forest have an outstanding squad now and teams like Blackpool, Blackburn, Wolves are all better than us in my opinion. 6-10th imo

I agree about Forest. SO'D has performed outstandingly in the transfer/loan market since his appointment.
However, Gus has done rather well this Summer too.
I predict B&HA will battle it out for automatic promotion and I'd be very surprised, and disappointed, if they finished outside the top six.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I think we can make the playoffs now. It's certainly not 'in the bag', but if we had a squad that was in the playoff mix with 6 games to go last year, then this improved squad will be there again this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here