Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now we just need another 5 min...

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
That's the keeper sorted out, now we just need another 5 and we will be in good shape.

Left Back,
Centre Half,
Wide Mid,
2 Strikers....

Agreed ! At least !!!

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Ward
Baldock
Leo mk II - foreign, decent, possibly rough around the edges, will cost a few million.
Attacking midfielder - Lingard on loan or A.N.Other.

Are you anticipating any further departures?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It's all well & good saying this (and fans do it all the time!) but I'd say these 'pay as you play' deals are rarer than you'd think. Not many players would sign up to these contracts these days. Maybe an enhanced appearance bonus or something but pay as you play is almost a complete myth I think!

Get what you're saying though - maybe a 1 yr deal with option of a 2nd year...?

Vicente was on one, so I'm led to believe. You are correct in that they are rare, but usually clubs try and enforce where a player is coming back from injuries or has a 'reputation', such as Owen Hargreaves for example. For me Orlandi fits the criteria, but as you say understandably agents are reluctant to sign up for these.

If this wasn't an option I'd be inclined to forget him.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Ward
Baldock
Leo mk II - foreign, decent, possibly rough around the edges, will cost a few million.

Looks good. My worry is that Baldock = Leo replacement.

The club must also be looking at the CMS contract situation. A lot has been invested in him if he walks away for free next summer.

It's not impossible we'll get bids for CMS, Buckley, Kaz, and *shudder* March or Ince.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

The club must also be looking at the CMS contract situation. A lot has been invested in him if he walks away for free next summer.

It's not impossible we'll get bids for CMS, Buckley, Kaz, and *shudder* March or Ince.

I'd be surprised if we signed Baldock, given how highly valued he is at Bristol City compared to what I imagine his worth would be to us. The likes of March, Ince and Buckley are tied down to long term contracts so, if anyone wants to buy them, they will have to pay premium prices like with Ulloa and Bridcutt form what I've heard. The same goes for Dunk, Walton and JFC.

I agree about CMS and KLL as they are both out of contract at the end of the season. Will be interesting to see if the club tries to extend their deals soon, especially after the money we spent on CMS.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

One would assume we have/will soon offered CMS a new contract ...let's hope another Barnes situation is avoided

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Left back; 100% essential and I would be happy with Stephen Ward

Midfielder to take the free kicks like Bridcutt used to do. It should be possible for the existing players to learn how to do this, but it does not seem to be happening. Ideally left-footed. Only 70% desirable.

Stopper centre half. Every time the other side gets a corner, I get the eebie-jeebies. I would have thought this would be about 75%. Not Hangeland (bad reports about him).

Striker that can go to the near post. We are so bad at near post chances that the opposition does not even have to worry about it.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Ward
Baldock

Baldock and another striker? Would be surprised but who knows...

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It's not impossible we'll get bids for CMS, Buckley, Kaz

It would be really tough to know what to do in that scenario. I could make a decent case for letting them all go but we obviously can't do that. However, that means unless they want to sign (I can see why Kaz and CMS wouldn't want to) it could mean we have 3 "Barnes" situations on our hands in January, which could be a big distraction.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It would be really tough to know what to do in that scenario. I could make a decent case for letting them all go but we obviously can't do that. However, that means unless they want to sign (I can see why Kaz and CMS wouldn't want to) it could mean we have 3 "Barnes" situations on our hands in January, which could be a big distraction.

Buckley is contracted for 3 ? more years so the bid would have to be very large, but I do think CMS and KLL could recieve bids which would interest the board, maybe right up to deadline day, and in January if they remain at the club this window.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Buckley is contracted for 3 ? more years so the bid would have to be very large, but I do think CMS and KLL could recieve bids which would interest the board, maybe right up to deadline day, and in January if they remain at the club this window.

This is where Burke will be earning his money - identifying targets for these eventualities. They may not happen but we have to be prepared. I think we will be as well.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Out of interest who would you sign forward wise and what would you anticipate paying?

Ok, who to sign very much depends on who's a) Available, b) Maybe out of favour at their current club c) Maybe out of contract (as Murray was with us) or in the last year of contract so wouldn't demand a huge fee....With the money we got from Ulloa, Bridcutt and Barnes, I would like to think we could find £3m for the right player.....I've read somewhere that Gary Hooper may not figure in Norwich's plans, he would do nicely thankyou very much.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ok, who to sign very much depends on who's a) Available, b) Maybe out of favour at their current club c) Maybe out of contract (as Murray was with us) or in the last year of contract so wouldn't demand a huge fee....With the money we got from Ulloa, Bridcutt and Barnes, I would like to think we could find £3m for the right player.....I've read somewhere that Gary Hooper may not figure in Norwich's plans, he would do nicely thankyou very much.

It also depends on wages. Seniors at Premiership clubs may be on £26K+ which is prohibitive. I think this may actually be a the greatest problem. £13K a week should not break the bank?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm completely wrong on this - apologies [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION]

No worries. I'm pretty sure Matty Upson was in one at Stoke?! Apart from him & Hgreaves I haven't heard if any others - sure there have been some but v rare

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here