Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Now Chelsea want Adam Webster

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
And Molumby, Sanders, Longman, Walton, Karbownik, Gyokeres

And the list goes on, as it does at most clubs. I think one can categorically say though, that there is more chance of young players making it through the system from the Development Squad and into the First Team at the Albion, than there is at Chelsea.

Of all those players you mention, virtually every one of them will make a good living out of professional football, just not with the Albion.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
And the list goes on, as it does at most clubs. I think one can categorically say though, that there is more chance of young players making it through the system from the Development Squad and into the First Team at the Albion, than there is at Chelsea.

Of all those players you mention, virtually every one of them will make a good living out of professional football, just not with the Albion.

Given that of the two Chelsea players mentioned above one is currently in the first team, and given Mount and James also both started last weekend, I’m not sure that’s true. RLC also started I believe.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
“Chelsea end Fofana pursuit:
Chelsea have ended their interest in Leicester City defender Wesley Fofana, reports The Sun.
The Blues have reportedly pulled the plug on a move after a third bid for the French centre-back was rejected by the Foxes.” SSN

Hope they don’t come sniffing round these parts now.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
“Chelsea end Fofana pursuit:
Chelsea have ended their interest in Leicester City defender Wesley Fofana, reports The Sun.
The Blues have reportedly pulled the plug on a move after a third bid for the French centre-back was rejected by the Foxes.” SSN

Hope they don’t come sniffing round these parts now.

Can’t see tb selling webby for any price currently

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

I think you're right that all of those players will make a good living as a professional footballer just not with the Albion.

All I was trying to illustrate by adding those players to the ones Gabbiano mentioned, is that just like Chelsea our academy and development team work with lots of players, and actually very few end up making it in the first team. That's not a criticism of Brighton, its an observation of how academies work in general. In fact Brighton are very open about that they prepare their young players for life as a footballer, even if its not with Brighton.

The original comment by Mancgull was that it must be insanely frustrating to be a young player at Chelsea. I just think the situation is the same at most clubs at our level.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I think Chelsea will end up forking out the money they need to get Forfana - but on the off chance that they do come in for Webster it shows that Potter and co should have made a pitch for Nathan Collins. There is another good one that would fit the bill - Andrew Omobamidele has being on cruise control will being dominant in the Norwich defence so far this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here