swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
According to the Daily Mail anyway.

Will they please go away..

989812F0-1DE1-4EDF-B36C-69F6AA26DE78.jpeg

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Given how much surplus we've made on player sales, it's almost inconceivable what they would have to pay us to take one of our first team regulars.

As it's the Mail, very likely untrue, but generally, I do get fed up with the world view of the top teams where they see us like Tesco's or something where they can just come and pick what they want. Still, I suppose we're on the food chain somewhere

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hang on - Leicester are allowed to say Forfana isn't for sale but albion aren't allowed to say Chelsea 2nd choice Webster isn't for sale ? ???

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Chelsea want Adam Webster

Oh, no...

According to the Daily Mail.

Ah, okay, nothing to worry about then.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Given how much surplus we've made on player sales, it's almost inconceivable what they would have to pay us to take one of our first team regulars.

As it's the Mail, very likely untrue, but generally, I do get fed up with the world view of the top teams where they see us like Tesco's or something where they can just come and pick what they want. Still, I suppose we're on the food chain somewhere

I can't help but think back to the phone hacking scandal and the testimony of the journos at the time.

This was a couple of papers. The journos would sit at their desks and just totally invent stories out of nothing because they had to fill their pages and didn't have the content. So instead of doing 'proper' journo work, they'd just invent crap up and print it with 'ambiguous' caveats like 'apparently' or 'according to sources' etc...

What are the chances of the Daily Fail actually knowing that Chelsea are looking at Webbo.

Pretty close to zero. How many stories have we seen over the years about players coming and going? Literally thousands.

It's BS imo. Lazy journo stirring.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The bidding starts at £120m :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has he put in a transfer request yet? :wink:

Roll on 01 September

Hopefully we'll still have Caicedo, Webster, Welbeck and anyone else who pops up on a top 6 clubs radar in the next week.

What's Romano twittering? :lolol:

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011

Maybe not Tesco, But my impression is that Bloom sees us as an English version of Ajax.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I thought Dunk was the life-long Chelsea fan? Maybe Chelsea should be looking for a Dan Burn type deal?

Could even get Dunk to the World Cup ...........................

:wink:

Last edited:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
They’ve definitely been looking at him over the last couple of seasons.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If Leicester won't let Fofana go for £80m, but Chelsea are prepared to pay £80m then I would let them have Webster for that amount. Every player has his price.

But I don't think Chelsea would go that high for Webster. It's ironic that they've loaned us Levi Colwill who could possibly be a better player than Webster. I thought Webster got burned a couple of times yesterday against Bowen.

(n.b. this is probably my Ben's Grandad moment when he said we should accept Fulham's £4m bid for Dunk)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
If Leicester won't let Fofana go for £80m, but Chelsea are prepared to pay £80m then I would let them have Webster for that amount. Every player has his price.

But I don't think Chelsea would go that high for Webster. It's ironic that they've loaned us Levi Colwill who could possibly be a better player than Webster. I thought Webster got burned a couple of times yesterday against Bowen.

(n.b. this is probably my Ben's Grandad moment when he said we should accept Fulham's £4m bid for Dunk)

If the point of football was the accumulation of profit I would agree with you

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Pretty simple, I think. £40m plus Colwill on a permanent deal.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Well, I think otherwise. Beyond that dangerous mispass in the first few minutes, Webster was imperious yesterday, snuffing their attacks out effectively, and had Bowen in his pocket.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
What's Romano twittering? :lolol:

If he's said anything then it will be along the lines of Adam has agreed personal terms with Chelsea, he only wants Chelsea. Deal to be announced in the next few days. Here we go.

Which of course means he's off to Liverpool.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I do think both Webster and Dunk look more assured with Veltman playing alongside them. As someone on NSC said, there seems to be fewer last ditch sliding blocks and backs to the wall defending moments since JV joined.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here