Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Having watched rugby for many years, I can assure you that refs miss a lot. Much of which is unavoidable. The players, mostly, just accept it. There is also the help of VAR which is good at ruling on tries.

But right from a young age discipline is drilled in and the ref is off limits. But I can assure you that, although the language is politer, rugby forums are full of moans.

You cannot assume that Dunk was picking up on something that was missed. It's an example of the default position I'm talking about. Dunk clearly said something that crossed a bad line. Only has himself to blame.

I watch matches from a neutral point of view excepting that I have a team I support. In this case Albion. Sometimes I see poor refereeing decisions. But the majority that are claimed to be poor are partisan and decisions I had no beef with when I saw them live. There are grey areas, and as long as the referee is impartial it's fine.

I saw nothing, I say nothing, in Taylor's performance today that I did any more than 'maybe' waving hand to. The penalties with both Stockleys. And it kicked off after the second verdict. That is a player problem. And, as I said, the referee is not a nanny.
So no second yellow for pushing Pedro over and stamping on his back? You are far too defensive of SHITE referiing imo

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
So no second yellow for pushing Pedro over and stamping on his back? You are far too defensive of SHITE referiing imo
Pedro went down pretty easily, and there was no stamp. Maybe a small kick out at most, certainly not a stamp. Unless some other camera angles reveal this, but not from what I saw.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Pedro went down pretty easily, and there was no stamp. Maybe a small kick out at most, certainly not a stamp. Unless some other camera angles reveal this, but not from what I saw.
Even Birtles said it was a stupid foul and we know who he was backing. If Buononotte’s tackle was a card so was that, even forgetting the stamp. The decisions after the sending off were “homer” decisons hoping for a Forest equaliser.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Be interesting to hear RDZ’s post match comments. The officiating seemed to be book Brighton players, give leeway to Forest
Disagree here I'm afraid.

Their player should definitely have been disciplined for the João Pedro back stamp / kick thing but I thought he largely got it right.

Adingra booked for pulling a player back on a break.
Dunk, lost his head.
Ferguson booked for dissent.
Verbruggen for time wasting.
Missed the Facundo booking so won't comment.

I don't personally think we can complain about any of those.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
This and also the time he took to leave the pitch, you can bet FA will want to make an example of him and compound our injury worries.

Especially after RDZ's comments last week.

Normally don't expect much of refs and therefore not disappointed,but by Golly that was a truly horrendous display today!

Edit meant to quote post 726 with this comment.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I wasn't sure what to make of it. The problem is that Pedro has an inclination to create these situations. The linesman didn't flag for the first 'challenge' but did the second.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Disagree here I'm afraid.

Their player should definitely have been disciplined for the João Pedro back stamp / kick thing but I thought he largely got it right.

Adingra booked for pulling a player back on a break.
Dunk, lost his head.
Ferguson booked for dissent.
Verbruggen for time wasting.
Missed the Facundo booking so won't comment.

I don't personally think we can complain about any of those.
I don't know how much time Verbruggen got given, but Adringa was coming as soon as he chased the player. I thought immediately that he was going to get himself booked. It was annoying as the player was covered.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Had to crack open the red wine early after that! That was STRESSFUL. Loved the reaction from De Zerbi and the boys on the full time whistle.
Cheers all! 😅
It was epic, such an outpouring of emotion from RDZ, the players and the fans. One of the great wins of recent years.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
He described it as stupid because Pedro was going nowhere, the defender didnt need to do anything. Pedro still went down very easily. Anyways who cares, we won.
A second yellow would have levelled up the numbers, but yes it doesn’t alter the result. Just inconsistent refiing from a supposedly top ref :shrug:,

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It wasn't a stamp, it was the top of his boot that went onto Pedro's back :shrug:

Maybe the kick after should have been punished ???
It was his knee and a little bit of his boot on JP’s back, no studs. And tbf, he didn’t kick in the second, it was more of a prod at the ball. Could easily of been a second yellow though.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Both penalties looked very soft. Another great display by the referee and VAR. Best league-worst officials.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here