Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
How did he balls it up ? It's for the players to keep their cool. A ref is not a nanny. Taylor is zero tolerant. Dunk let himself, and the team, down there.
Rugby refs control the game by telling the players not to push it and are respected for that.
Football refs are not earning respect and so do not get any.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Cannot DeZerbi send out one of his assistants to give a media comment about the referee , VAR and other things going on - an avoid censor ?

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
He wasn’t even that biased to be honest. Just f***ing useless, talking nonsense for most of it. He’s done it very recently in another game of ours too. May have even been Sheff Utd.
Birtles is not only biased but in most games I have heard him he is anti Southern teams so also a professional northerner twat.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Not meaning to be rude, because I understand people are at the game and won’t have seen, but the cameras clearly caught Dunk initially putting his hands on the ref and shouting about the penalty decision. (Yellow card). As he’s running away he shouts “cheating c**t* and gets a straight red.

A straight red for dissent is a two game ban plus fine for bringing the game into disrepute, unless it’s a second offence when the FA could increase it via panel.

This ban applies only to English competitive domestic fixtures, so does not apply to Athens on Thursday.
Can't we appeal, surely stating fact is acceptable?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Rugby refs control the game by telling the players not to push it and are respected for that.
Football refs are not earning respect and so do not get any.
If you try refereeing a high level match for 90 minutes with the majority of decisions being in a grey area you would realise how difficult it is to be spot on. But a ref will never be spot on because everyone, well most, see it through a prism.

And then you get comments like #770 @Seagull58 who thinks that someone who didn't referee to their team's benefit is 'an utter ****. Just a disgusting waste of oxygen'. If it causes that much of a reaction I would suggest reading a good book on a Saturday afternoon instead.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
If you try refereeing a high level match for 90 minutes with the majority of decisions being in a grey area you would realise how difficult it is to be spot on. But a ref will never be spot on because everyone, well most, see it through a prism.

And then you get comments like #770 @Seagull58 who thinks that someone who didn't referee to their team's benefit is 'an utter ****. Just a disgusting waste of oxygen'. If it causes that much of a reaction I would suggest reading a good book on a Saturday afternoon instead.
How about just being better at their job? Even Fifa hardly award English referees tournament places any more because they are so poor.
PGMOL is a shambles from top to bottom and the richest league in the world deserves better.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
On the other side of that, call a ref a 'cheating c***' in a rugby match and you'll be banned for months.
Football should introduce the rugby rule. Only a captain can talk to the referee.

Although that wouldn't have helped today.... :lolol:

seeing how long they took to award the penalty, we came close to scoring down the other end. Wonder what would happen if, ref allowing play to continue, results in team scoring and THEN they review the previous incident and decide its a penalty? Surely they couldnt cancel out the goal, because play was allowed to continue.???

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
How about just being better at their job? Even Fifa hardly award English referees tournament places any more because they are so poor.
PGMOL is a shambles from top to bottom and the richest league in the world deserves better.
No-one has actually pinpointed what Taylor did wrong.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I thought Dunk's first yellow was for hands on the ref rather than dissent - I'm sure we'll find out.
This is what it seemed to me. The Ref turned away from Dunk and then Dunk tried to pull him back and that's when the Ref got the yellow card out. I think the VAR picture was very blurry on the TV and I couldn't tell if Hinshelwood pulled their guy back or not. Maybe VAR was guessing again.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
seeing how long they took to award the penalty, we came close to scoring down the other end. Wonder what would happen if, ref allowing play to continue, results in team scoring and THEN they review the previous incident and decide its a penalty? Surely they couldnt cancel out the goal, because play was allowed to continue.???
I think they can. I'm sure I saw it a few seasons back.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Brighton striker Evan Ferguson speaking to BBC Match of the Day:

"It was a mad old game! It was worth it for the three points."

"We've dropped points in those moments [after Lewis Dunk's red card] and today we came together as a team to push over the line."

"Every game there's an opportunity to impress and that is what I hope to do when I come in. The manager is very invested, really emotional and he can't help himself. He wouldn't just walk over to the fans and celebrate!"

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

The rugby comparison is fair. Rugby ref's have respect for their consistency and their decision making which is heard by all of us, dissent is pretty much absent. In answer to your previous question, Taylor is poor, and I cannot for the life of me see how you think that was level headed given he was part of the reason it all kicked off. He has always been inconsistent, and has turned the tide of many a game as he did today. What Dunk did was wrong, but I would like to see on a replay what got Dunk so riled up, and I'd suggest it will be something Taylor completely missed (again). I'll eat my hat if it isn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here