Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Be interesting to hear RDZ’s post match comments. The officiating seemed to be book Brighton players, give leeway to Forest

Redinpeace

Apr 27, 2023
Thank you for the sensible post. Pedro does annoy me with his theatrical attributes if that’s lessen the pain of losin?
I have a soft spot for BHA and being fair we got a little more last season than the performance deserved, some you win eh?

It’s embarrassing we’ve got a couple of biscuits, it’s a pet hate of mine, I watch a lot of rugby and shudder at the force they clatter into each other, it’s about time play acting was come down on.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
What was their pen like?
Haven't seen it back yet.

I heard that Webb had instructed the VAR officials to not give so many soft penalties.
seeing as Taylor didn't give it, I assume it must have been a clear and obvious error.
Much like ours it was soft. Unlike ours it wasn’t given on pitch.

Bizarre decision for VAR to decide they needed to intervene on such a subjective decision.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
How did he balls it up ? It's for the players to keep their cool. A ref is not a nanny. Taylor is zero tolerant. Dunk let himself, and the team, down there.

You can only push people so far with poor officiating. Once again that was beyond poor. Dunk may have let himself down, but at this level, we deserve better.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Yes Dunk was stupid doing what he did - but a better ref would have told him "get away from me NOW or you're off".

Do we know he didn’t say that? At the end of the day Dunk is experienced, the team captain, he knows better and will be disappointed in himself for doing that.

It’s really not up to the ref to save players from their own idiocy.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Whatever we may say about certain players lacking this and that - that was some performance from all of them.

Once again had to beat the officials and the opposition.

Can't help thinking if that was Fulham players would be laying on the turf holding their heads throughout that extra 10 minutes added on - how did he get 10 minutes !!
About 4 minutes arguing about their pen and the red card. Then lots of subs and we were wasting time as do all teams leading by 1 goal near the end.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Not meaning to be rude, because I understand people are at the game and won’t have seen, but the cameras clearly caught Dunk initially putting his hands on the ref and shouting about the penalty decision. (Yellow card). As he’s running away he shouts “cheating c**t* and gets a straight red.

A straight red for dissent is a two game ban plus fine for bringing the game into disrepute, unless it’s a second offence when the FA could increase it via panel.

This ban applies only to English competitive domestic fixtures, so does not apply to Athens on Thursday.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You can only push people so far with poor officiating. Once again that was beyond poor. Dunk may have let himself down, but at this level, we deserve better.
How was it poor ? Both penalties came from Stockley. Apart from that Taylor seemed to be very even handed. At 75 minutes the only board with a ref rant was going to be the Forest one. @jcdenton08 has identified Dunk's red card offence. There is too much of this about refs not being in control and not enough on player discipline. Taylor made it clear and even, Keep pushing it and the cards come out.

If you have a ref who is a disciplinarian you have to play to that tune.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not meaning to be rude, because I understand people are at the game and won’t have seen, but the cameras clearly caught Dunk initially putting his hands on the ref and shouting about the penalty decision. (Yellow card). As he’s running away he shouts “cheating c**t* and gets a straight red.

A straight red for dissent is a two game ban plus fine for bringing the game into disrepute, unless it’s a second offence when the FA could increase it via panel.

This ban applies only to English competitive domestic fixtures, so does not apply to Athens on Thursday.
Just seen a re-run (stream is still going) and it does look something like that. Brainless from Dunk if that's what it is. No second yellow shown as far as I could see (again)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here