[NSC] Not the richest, not the biggest but none are better

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That post just about sums you up fella

Not a ****ing clue

Nah.

Sums up some people in here though that they're lying just because it fits their narrative.

Not one person in here would turn down getting paid £40m (or whatever Haalans annual salary is) for swapping their Brighton season ticket for a Chelsea one.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Again I’ll ask what employer is going to offer an employee a 10x pay rise to swap their season ticket for another clubs?

If any company was that stupid I’d take the money swap the season ticket, never go to the new club and carry on watching the Albion. Now that is LOGICAL

It would have to be substantially more than 10x in my case for the offer to be even on the table for me to look at.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
All it shows me is that cash wins prizes. The rich clubs will ultimately always come out on top, lapping up all the cream from below. You can’t blame people wanting to improve their lot - it’s the same in any profession and if you can give your mates a leg up on the way, you do.
The only way of making these competitions fairer is to operate systems akin to the US basketball leagues and also have a flat salary for managers and coaches, and I can’t see that happening.
It does kill off any aspirations we have of winning anything of significance - I can’t see the Leicester freak show happening again. It does make watching premier league football a ball ache and it is no wonder there are many who would be happier in the lower leagues looking to win championships, rather than chasing a spot in a tin pot Euro league.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Seriously though, why not reach out to them? Pour your energies into a local project? You might just get a buzz out of it that you never thought you'd get

Of course it is a buzz that I'm well aware of. I played with a club until I was 14, destroyed my ACL and immediately took up youth coaching which I then did in the same club for 7 years, the later of them also being part of the election committee and later the board, until drugs and women became too tempting and I left all of it behind. Since then I've been moving from different cities (mainly back and forth from Gothenburg to Lund) almost annually and I don't really want to engage in a club until I know where my long-term future is.

But getting engaged in local clubs is indeed something people should try to do unless they're complete wankers.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Of course it is a buzz that I'm well aware of. I played with a club until I was 14, destroyed my ACL and immediately took up youth coaching which I then did in the same club for 7 years, the later of them also being part of the election committee and later the board, until drugs and women became too tempting and I left all of it behind. Since then I've been moving from different cities (mainly back and forth from Gothenburg to Lund) almost annually and I don't really want to engage in a club until I know where my long-term future is.

But getting engaged in local clubs is indeed something people should try to do unless they're complete wankers.

Respect for that post :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here