Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Not the richest, not the biggest but none are better

Alan P

Bouncy
Oct 17, 2010
BHAFC!

I don't normally post but often read. The majority of posts after the recent departures are just so depressive. Get a grip!

The last 10 years have been amazing, the best in the clubs history. That is down to the club and top management, not an individual.

The recently departed have been very lucky to be part of OUR journey.

That journey continues.

Heads up and enjoy the next ten years.

No club is better than Brighton & Hove Albion!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Eat my goal!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't normally post but often read. The majority of posts after the recent departures are just so depressive. Get a grip!
A reason I'm particularly miffed is that it's too early in Potter's journey here - this could have been a great season for us.

The last 10 years have been amazing, the best in the clubs history. That is down to the club and top management, not an individual.
Well, it is down to an individual. Thankfully that individual is staying.

Alan P

Bouncy
Oct 17, 2010
That individual (TB) has done an amazing job but couldn't have done that without the thousands who saved the club.
That individual also had a board of directors.

The next head coach will be lucky to come here just like the last. It could be the start of a better journey.

Potter chose not to continue so the ex Swansea manage is no more.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That individual (TB) has done an amazing job but couldn't have done that without the thousands who saved the club.
Those that saved the club are indeed the reason we have a club to support (just as the founders of the club in 1901 are). That's happened. Tony is the reason the club has progressed from survival to where it is today.

The next head coach will be lucky to come here just like the last. It could be the start of a better journey.
Let's hope so.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm interested to know how peoples feelings are for individual players & staff. Many of those that we adored in May this year have all jumped ship for more cash. Will we still be singing individuals names knowing that just maybe that person will do the same at a drop of the proverbial hat. Idolise someone today whilst they kiss the badge only for them to put two fingers up at us tomorrow.
I'll be singing the praises for TB and Dunk but to think I was one of those cheering Bruno as he waved at us at Fulham.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm interested to know how peoples feelings are for individual players & staff. Many of those that we adored in May this year have all jumped ship for more cash. Will we still be singing individuals names knowing that just maybe that person will do the same at a drop of the proverbial hat. Idolise someone today whilst they kiss the badge only for them to put two fingers up at us tomorrow.
I'll be singing the praises for TB and Dunk but to think I was one of those cheering Bruno as he waved at us at Fulham.

I find it incredible that you weren't aware that a 5x or 10x wage rise and the chance to go to a top club would make anyone move. Even Lewis Dunk.

Alan P

Bouncy
Oct 17, 2010

That's called evolution. Players come and go, managers come and go... same with backroom staff an directors.
The one constant is the club. Support it and enjoy the good and not so good

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
BHAFC!

The recently departed have been very lucky to be part of OUR journey.

That journey continues.

Heads up and enjoy the next ten years.

No club is better than Brighton & Hove Albion!

I get fed up with posters who say Get a grip.

Everyone is different, and handles their emotions differently at different times. Stop trying to make out you are better than others because you have already got a grip.

Alan P

Bouncy
Oct 17, 2010
I'm no better than anyone.
Just a glass half full not empty.
You won't like that phrase either i expect?
Most things provide an opportunity if you try to be positive about things.

Seems like you have judged me?
Enjoy your day x

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I bet Potter and particularly Bruno is a bit gutted to leave the Albion and I think they will remember their time with us very fondly. It’s no different to say Zamora, who left after a couple of years and spent most of his career in the top flight, before coming back to the Albion right near the end. Zamora is a club legend, so is Bruno and so is Potter, we just can’t afford pay people £60M over five years, so sometimes our best players leave.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I bet Potter and particularly Bruno is a bit gutted to leave the Albion and I think they will remember their time with us very fondly. It’s no different to say Zamora, who left after a couple of years and spent most of his career in the top flight, before coming back to the Albion right near the end. Zamora is a club legend, so is Bruno and so is Potter, we just can’t afford pay people £60M over five years, so sometimes our best players leave.

If he had an ounce of loyalty to TB he would not have taken Bruno or Roberts with him would he? Not only has he kicked the fans in the nuts ( which I can understand), he also thought it OK to give ardent fan TB, who gave him the platform and stuck with him in the bad times, an extra one too.

Brilliant as he was I don’t want Potter anywhere near this club if it all goes wrong at Chelsea no matter how badly we do in the meantime

I know there is no honour in football when the dollar signs start whirring but GP has disappointed me far more than his leaving has pissed me off. Offering Bruno and Roberts a job is a step too far imo.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If he had an ounce of loyalty to TB he would not have taken Bruno or Roberts with him would he? Not only has he kicked the fans in the nuts ( which I can understand), he also thought it OK to give ardent fan TB, who gave him the platform and stuck with him in the bad times, an extra one too.

Brilliant as he was I don’t want Potter anywhere near this club if it all goes wrong at Chelsea no matter how badly we do in the meantime

I know there is no honour in football when the dollar signs start whirring but GP has disappointed me far more than his leaving has pissed me off. Offering Bruno and Roberts a job is a step too far imo.

At the end of the day, the decision to go was Bruno and Robert's.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
At the end of the day, the decision to go was Bruno and Robert's.

Only because Potter offered them a job, he did not have to. As I said if he had an ounce of loyalty to TB he wouldn’t have done.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I've always been a huge fan of Bruno and even (although unlikely) hope that one day he'll manage us. By moving to Chelsea, I believe the chances of that happening have just improved significantly, just like when Liam Rosenior left :shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If he had an ounce of loyalty to TB he would not have taken Bruno or Roberts with him would he? Not only has he kicked the fans in the nuts ( which I can understand), he also thought it OK to give TB an extra one too.

If he had an ounce of loyalty to Bruno and Roberts he had to ask them or he'd be a really cruel ****er.

"You and you can get 10x pay rise from whatever you're earning now and manage a top club, but you and you have to stay because reasons". It would have been morally wrong not to ask them.

How many hours did GP spend with Bruno and Roberts compared to those spent with Bloom? Probably... plenty.

Roberts and Bruno have both been with Brighton since a long time. They could have said no to GP & Chelsea and remained loyal with Bloom, but they didn't. For Johnson it was probably a choice between staying loyal to Tony Bloom or securing the financial future of his entire family. You might have chosen the former, but he didn't. Does that make anyone a horrible person? Not really.

Bruno should be financially fine after his playing career but for Ben Roberts it is probably a life-changing move.

Only because Potter offered them a job, he did not have to. As I said if he had an ounce of loyalty to TB he wouldn’t have done.

And if he had an ounce of loyalty to his colleagues, he had to.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If he had an ounce of loyalty to Bruno and Roberts he had to ask them or he'd be a really cruel ****er.

"You and you can get 10x pay rise from whatever you're earning now and manage a top club, but you and you have to stay because reasons". It would have been morally wrong not to ask them.

How many hours did GP spend with Bruno and Roberts compared to those spent with Bloom? Probably... plenty.

Roberts and Bruno have both been with Brighton since a long time. They could have said no to GP & Chelsea and remained loyal with Bloom, but they didn't. For Johnson it was probably a choice between staying loyal to Tony Bloom or securing the financial future of his entire family. You might have chosen the former, but he didn't. Does that make anyone a horrible person? Not really.

Bruno should be financially fine after his playing career but for Ben Roberts it is probably a life-changing move.

Give me all the arguments you like, my point is if he’d felt ANY loyalty to TB he wouldn’t have taken them with him or even offered to.

Just my opinion and morals :shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Give you all the arguments you like, my point is if he’d felt ANY loyalty to TB he wouldn’t have taken them with him or even offered to.

Ok my point is that if he'd felt ANY loyalty to Bruno and Roberts, he had to give them the offer.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Ok my point is that if he'd felt ANY loyalty to Bruno and Roberts, he had to give them the offer.

Don’t agree that he owed them anything, he owes TB far more. TB was paying the wages and not Potter.

Anyway he walks on water for you whatever he does so I know I’m wasting my time.

I am guessing you’ll soon be a Chelsea fan as well. I don’t mean that as snidey comment either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here