Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Norwich tickets

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They most certainly do make money on exchange tickets. There is a large differential between what they get sold at and the sum returned to the season ticket holder.

I’ll grant you it’s not as much as selling a ticket in the corner to a new customer, but I’m still certain there’d be many more bums on seats if they were just made available from the start.

I thought the exchange refund was pretty good, basically the value of my pro-rata ticket less £1.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I thought the exchange refund was pretty good, basically the value of my pro-rata ticket less £1.

Agreed - it's always seemed fair and equitable to me.

The STH gets back pretty much what they paid for the match pro-rata, with the buyer pays the regular adult match price for the seat (given match category etc).

I know there's a bit of a financial sting if anyone wants to buy an exchange ticket for a child, but I'm not entirely sure what the club can do here. If the "seller" of the seat was an adult, the club could be paying back more to the STH than they get in from the subsequent sale.

It would surely be too complicated to only enable like-for-like age category purchases on the exchange.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
Agreed - it's always seemed fair and equitable to me.

I know there's a bit of a financial sting if anyone wants to buy an exchange ticket for a child, but I'm not entirely sure what the club can do here. If the "seller" of the seat was an adult, the club could be paying back more to the STH than they get in from the subsequent sale.

The simple solution is for them to charge pro-rata plus a pound for child tickets, therefore enabling the club to make a bit for admin on tickets that will be purchased with accompanying adult (s) paying the full price. The full adult match day price for kids tickets is a deterrent to families coming on an ad-hoc basis, thw very act that the exchange is supposed to enable.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Fewer than 100 tickets left now so I’d guess exchange will be open within next 24 hours.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Fewer than 100 tickets left now so I’d guess exchange will be open within next 24 hours.

Hang on a minute, I thought under the current run of results and investment in the squad, the club was losing it's home fans by the bucket load!?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Does anyone have their ticket checked anymore at the turnstile or anywhere at the Amex ?

Mine was never checked throughout this season despite me bringing photo ID and Covid pass. I should imagine that checking is even more lax now. However, it would be galling for anyone to be turned away at the turnstile.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Does anyone have their ticket checked anymore at the turnstile or anywhere at the Amex ?

Mine was never checked throughout this season despite me bringing photo ID and Covid pass. I should imagine that checking is even more lax now. However, it would be galling for anyone to be turned away at the turnstile.

Not had it checked at all this season, nor have I seen any other people have to do anything other than scan their tickets at the turnstile, apart from the first home game when they were checking Covid passes but had to sack it off as the queues were stretching back to the station bridge with about 30 mins until KO.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021

As far as I remember tickets were never checked unless your ticket failed electronically. The ID check was against the COVID passport which of course no longer applies. They do still ask you to test b4 you attend a match but there is no check on that

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
When you open your ST on your phone there are three little dots in the bottom right hand corner which when pressed open up a QR code. This can be scanned under the reader in the same way that a print-at-home ticket is.

Does this really work? I heard qr code updates all time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Does this really work? I heard qr code updates all time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I share my ticket via the scheme so have never done it myself, but apparently it works fine. I think the QR code only updates game by game.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
mr-bean-waiting.gif

waiting for the ticket exchange...

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
:clap2: A worthy way to spend a couple of days.

I'd love to know the actual impact of all this clever, clever marketing stuff on the cheque that TB writes each season.

70 seats remaining to be sold, let's say they average out at £30 each, that's £2100 in potential ticket sales to secure before opening the ticket exchange and all the additional convenience and flexibility for fans that provides. .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here