Norwich interested in CMS (merged)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
ah, be because any striker who doesn't score 96 goals a season is shit. NSC has spoken.

It's easy to whitewash a negative opinion with this sort of cretinous nonsense. Ultimately, we paid a fortune for a player who has only looked like justifying his fee in about 7 or 8 games.

I don't want to be negative about a bloke who clearly works hard and has a great attitude to the club and his job on and off the pitch, but let's not ignore the facts; he is quick, he covers a lot of ground but he can't hold the ball up and is extremely wasteful all too often. He is simply not worth more than £3m.

I don't want 96 goals a season, but are you trying to tell us that when Gus signed him for a club record £2.5m, he patted him on the back and said "I'm looking for TEN goals from you this season"?

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Even if we wanted CMS to go - which I certainly don't - how would £3m be a good price when it's less than we paid for him?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Hey - did we know that Burnley were in for Vicente...according to Naylor (whatever 50-50 means!)
'As of last night Liam Bridcutt and Vicente (50-50 for Burnley) were not going anywhere'

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
It's easy to whitewash a negative opinion with this sort of cretinous nonsense. Ultimately, we paid a fortune for a player who has only looked like justifying his fee in about 7 or 8 games.

I don't want to be negative about a bloke who clearly works hard and has a great attitude to the club and his job on and off the pitch, but let's not ignore the facts; he is quick, he covers a lot of ground but he can't hold the ball up and is extremely wasteful all too often. He is simply not worth more than £3m.

I don't want 96 goals a season, but are you trying to tell us that when Gus signed him for a club record £2.5m, he patted him on the back and said "I'm looking for TEN goals from you this season"?

For me, it is the fact that he is so wasteful. Certainly last season, he had many good chances which he failed to even test the other team's keeper with. Those chances were hard to come by with our style of play, and demanded more care. We are not a Posh, who's only tactic is to get the ball to their strikers asap and try to score goals, which gave him loads of chances.

If my Club spend a small fortune and record transfer fee on a player, I expect so much more. By contrast, when he is fit, Will Buckley is outstanding, and a great investment. Mind you, CMS is also a bit of a sick-note with his constant back problems.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Even if we wanted CMS to go - which I certainly don't - how would £3m be a good price when it's less than we paid for him?

Firstly, it isn't less than we paid for him. Secondly, it would be a good price if a better replacement was available at that price or less.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

I think we actually paid £2.5m plus add-ons? The other thing is we obviously paid too much anyway, and could do with some money back and saving his wages - providing they go towards the quality of striker that will get us promoted.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
we paid £2.5m I think................ IF he goes then anything north of that would represent decent business but frankly don't want too much profit as Peterboro are on a slice of anything we make on the player...........IF he goes

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Hey - did we know that Burnley were in for Vicente...according to Naylor (whatever 50-50 means!)
'As of last night Liam Bridcutt and Vicente (50-50 for Burnley) were not going anywhere'

:down:

He'll be gone then, who would turn down Burnley?

:jester:

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
we paid £2.5m I think................ IF he goes then anything north of that would represent decent business but frankly don't want too much profit as Peterboro are on a slice of anything we make on the player...........IF he goes

I thought we'd paid up to £3.5m for him?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
There is no point in debating the relative merits etc of CMS leaving as he is staying; and thank goodness for that.

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
Agree with Simster's comments. CMS plays his heart out, seems a decent bloke also. There's a lot of sayings about busy fools - I don't pretend to be A B's no 1 fan but he does have a habit of being in the right place. What surprises me is that Gus bought CMS - but to play in what team system??? I ask this because CMS always seems isolated - although against a poor Burnley team things were better - but realistically I don't think we can ignore facts based on that single game.

In truth in this economic climate £3m seems a good deal - if..... we can bring in a striking partnership, Bothroyd and Tuncay have been mentioned but I am sure that Gus can think of more and perhaps better combinations. It's a shame that we are into a new season but still need a striking partnership.

Sure will get lots of the usual abuse but IMHO it's a partnership we need up front and I'd use the £3m to try and get it

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

With all due respect Sim, you had a pop at him yesterday for every possible thing. The worst being the fact he has long hair and the fact he retweets alot! If that's not negative or looking for silly reasons I don't know what is... (yes i'm sure there was a LITTLE tounge in cheek).

Not heard you have a pop about CMS before, so was quite suprised at how bad you slated him to be honest!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
With all due respect Sim, you had a pop at him yesterday for every possible thing. The worst being the fact he has long hair and the fact he retweets alot! If that's not negative or looking for silly reasons I don't know what is... (yes i'm sure there was a LITTLE tounge in cheek).

Not heard you have a pop about CMS before, so was quite suprised at how bad you slated him to be honest!
Clearly the comments about his hair and smile WERE tongue in cheek. I really want him to succeed but am not going to cry about it if he goes to make way for a better striker. I just think some people have a blind spot when it comes to CMS. Just because he is a nice bloke who works hard and is a fans favourite does not mean he has not underachieved here.

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
Have heard from an untested source (big caveat) that Steve Morison from Norwich spotted at Amex yesterday - possible swap deal for CMS.

I'm not for one second coming on here with the same 'front' as others who hear such things but thought I may as well share in any case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports