Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Norwich City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not being an Albion fan you almost certainly don’t realise that we never do things the easy way. If we were a goal down and chasing a game we’d almost certainly be hit on the break and 2-0 down. Whoever we have as manager doesn’t seem able to get the Albion to do this.

No complaints from me but feck me that was stressful and I love that Norwich goal post

I dont have a problem with nervosity, I have a problem with the constant bashing of the team at all times from far too many clueless people.

People may not consider me a fan but compared to the "ah facking shiet team we should have won 3-0, Connolly should be in the Championship, Potter is a nutjob, Maupay is not a PL striker, Burn should have been subbed off in half time" clientel, I'm a ****ing superstar of a supporter.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I thouget that the way we played in the last 15 minutes, Chris Hughton was back.

Someone on Norwich's forum said that about them too. Luckily, we ended with a majority of players who have a lot of experience of playing Chris's away system. Actually, the goal also looked a bit like one we would have scored under Hughton before we went ultra defensive, push a high line and break very quickly in numbers.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Of course. Recruitment for me. We need a proven centre forward with pace (a 25 year old Muzza), and at least one wide midfielder.

The thing I noticed on a few occasions today, and maybe the difference between the very top players and those at our level, is the decision making, speed of thought.

On quite a number of occasions today we had promising moves starting, player turns back on themselves into a dead end, tries an extra tough or doesn't shoot when given a good opportunity, Maupay at the latter stage had a player on the left clear through on the break, if he could just slide the ball in, he went head down and ran towards goal and it broke down.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I dont have a problem with nervosity, I have a problem with the constant bashing of the team at all times from far too many clueless people.

People may not consider me a fan but compared to the "ah facking shiet team we should have won 3-0, Connolly should be in the Championship, Potter is a nutjob, Maupay is not a PL striker, Burn should have been subbed off in half time" clientel, I'm a ****ing superstar of a supporter.

And you are NSCs resident Pizza consumer.:lolol:

I for one like your alternative views and another opinion.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

You’re being harsh.

I think you get that in most passionate fan bases over here, for most clubs.. I guess things are more laid back in Sweden?

Also culturally the English enjoy a high dose of cynicism.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Welcome to bipolar NSC :lolol:

We are shit or we are fecking brilliant, no middle ground!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Never likely to be an enjoyable watch but what the hell.....

Yassss! Get in ya DANCER! :O
Seven points from four fixtures. Pleased/more please!

We can sit back and enjoy Man Utd v Plucky Bournemouth now.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
STRONG RESULT! [emoji1320][emoji1320][emoji1320][emoji1320][emoji1320][emoji1320][emoji1320] How’d you like them apples Jake?!?! [emoji23]

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

In fairness, our Swedish friend makes a very good point ! Way too many internet moaners. Be happy.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
You’re being harsh.

I think you get that in most passionate fan bases over here, for most clubs.. I guess things are more laid back in Sweden?

Also culturally the English enjoy a high dose of cynicism.

Also, those 'clueless people' a) go to games and b) have had to deal with the mental abuse sustained from be an Albion supporter for X many years.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Why, oh why, do we just do enough? They were there to be taught a lesson. Doesn't matter if you have 99% possession, if you do effall with it you won't win. We could have put five, maybe six more shots on target instead of walking the ball into the net.
Is it mr potters degree in emotional mind state bullshit that as stops us being ruthless?
Yeah,yeah, a win is a win. But I'm pissed and I expect us to be scoring more against #teamslikenorwich:D
3 points is the main thing though, no matter how we played it.. The players it would seem are very very nervy at the tail end of the season with a must not lose attitude. Maybe now that we have 36 points we can relax a bit more and express ourselves in better football.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No way three teams currrently below us in this division will get to 37 so almost certainly safe. That's all I wanted out of today and that's what I got. As for the performance, I think Potter set us up to break on them when they made a mistake. It was highlighted as their achiles heel before the game and was proven to be correct. We had another gear, although the post hitting header wasn't in the script.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Why, oh why, do we just do enough? They were there to be taught a lesson. Doesn't matter if you have 99% possession, if you do effall with it you won't win. We could have put five, maybe six more shots on target instead of walking the ball into the net.
Is it mr potters degree in emotional mind state bullshit that as stops us being ruthless?
Yeah,yeah, a win is a win. But
I'm pissed and I expect us to be scoring more against #teamslikenorwich:D

Pissed at half past two? You need to pace yourself.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South

You certainly are not one of the worst supporters, quite positive most of the time actually.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The thing I noticed on a few occasions today, and maybe the difference between the very top players and those at our level, is the decision making, speed of thought.

On quite a number of occasions today we had promising moves starting, player turns back on themselves into a dead end, tries an extra tough or doesn't shoot when given a good opportunity, Maupay at the latter stage had a player on the left clear through on the break, if he could just slide the ball in, he went head down and ran towards goal and it broke down.

You’re right, but we’ve got far better. January to May 2019, everyone going forward did exactly as you describe, in painful slow motion.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
In fairness, our Swedish friend makes a very good point ! Way too many internet moaners. Be happy.

The constant barage of negativity did get a bit much today and that happens in the stadium too at times. You arent nostradamus saying we could concede in the last minute but to read it over and over is annoying.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lamptey really is class isn’t he?

Too early to say but I was worried as a youngster that he’d be inconsistent and maybe that debut was a bit of a one off. Doesn’t look like it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This.

:lolol:

I rather enjoyed that game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here