Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Norwich City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Why, oh why, do we just do enough? They were there to be taught a lesson. Doesn't matter if you have 99% possession, if you do effall with it you won't win. We could have put five, maybe six more shots on target instead of walking the ball into the net.
Is it mr potters degree in emotional mind state bullshit that as stops us being ruthless?
Yeah,yeah, a win is a win. But I'm pissed and I expect us to be scoring more against #teamslikenorwich:D

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Good result, but so many mistakes, possession given away, slow !!!! Any other team and we would have been put to the sword.

Certain that's our season over.punk:

Need 3/4 new players for sure next season as it's going to be tougher I think.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Yess!!!

Potter has played a blinder today - tactics, personnel and changes were perfect - he was the man of the match.

I thouget that the way we played in the last 15 minutes, Chris Hughton was back.
Hoofing the ball out just for it to come back again.
We really needed someone to keep hold of the ball.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Thought Bernardo was a bit lose but also definitely a bit more of what we need on the left.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Yess!!!

Potter has played a blinder today - tactics, personnel and changes were perfect - he was the man of the match.

In normal circumstances, that would be seen as a good scrappy determined away win after sensible use of the squad against Man U. In these circumstances it felt painful. Can't knock a good goal and another away clean sheet, but I always felt that the sucker punch was coming. It was a horrible watch.

Well done lads. Norwich can only equal our points tally. We'll soon be able to start the 'teams that can't catch us' thread.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Got myself a cup of coffee, the heart rate is settling down and now I can look forward to the remaining matches in a lovely, relaxed manner. That’s always a nice feeling.

Ooh! Might take a look at the bookies odds to feel even more relaxed.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I thouget that the way we played in the last 15 minutes, Chris Hughton was back.
Hoofing the ball out just for it to come back again.
We really needed someone to keep hold of the ball.

Thats how 99,99% of all teams close to relegation play for the last 10 minutes when they are up 1-0 away against another relegation team. Its not a Hughton thing, its reality.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I said I didn't care how they got 3 points, just so long as they did.

But blimey that was a bit of a horror show.
To end up hanging on against that shower was a tough watch.

Lamptey player of the season

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I thought the game was ****ing horrific to be honest, very low on quality and attacking skill. But a massive result for us and we should be almost there - will be more comfortable if Bournemouth and Villa lose.

Snowflake

Jan 11, 2018
Not pretty. Think that was the plan. Knick a goal and defend.

Really don't care it is 3 points . Job done. Probable safety. No moaning from me.

Let's go for it in the last 5 games.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think GP read the CH book on how to play when you go a goal up in a relegation battle, that was very stressful but well done lads :thumbsup:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Is it going to be like this at the end of every season ?
A fight for survival and clutching at straws.
Not good for one's constitution.

I feel we were probably placing to much emphasis on this one game as fans. We still had another 3 games to realistically get that to win after today, an chances are that we will now pick up another 3 or 4 points and wonder what all the stressing was about!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Why, oh why, do we just do enough? They were there to be taught a lesson. Doesn't matter if you have 99% possession, if you do effall with it you won't win. We could have put five, maybe six more shots on target instead of walking the ball into the net.
Is it mr potters degree in emotional mind state bullshit that as stops us being ruthless?
Yeah,yeah, a win is a win. But I'm pissed and I expect us to be scoring more against #teamslikenorwich:D

Reading this thread, lets just hope PL stadiums remain empty for next season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here