Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Norwich City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Nowhere near our most fluid best today, bar the goal. Great result at the business end when we needed it, love the resolve and fight we've been playing with since the restart.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The constant barage of negativity did get a bit much today and that happens in the stadium too at times. You arent nostradamus saying we could concede in the last minute but to read it over and over is annoying.

And the grunting and groaning early in a game when we pass it round the back....puts the players off.

Mind you, from my sofa vantage point today at one point I did scream what all dads scream when watching the nine year olds bringing the ball out of defence:

"Get Rid Of It!!!"

:facepalm:

My bad.

:lolol:

Last edited:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Bissouma has cemented himself as one of our best players this year; especially since the restart.

An absolutely incredible midfielder. End to end all game. For me, he has the highest ceiling of any of our players.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Missed it Making jam instead. Were we any good?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You certainly are not one of the worst supporters, quite positive most of the time actually.

I try to be, sure I've had a little punch at Trossard and Montoya over the season but nothing big.

From interviewing a hundred footballers or so over the years I also know that a lot of players will be reading these threads/other social media tonight.

Most players (especially the younger) are very curious to read about what the fans thought of their performances etc, so when they put down a hard working effort and win a game people should be supportive.

Not saying people cant be critical of performances or players, but theres a bit too much harshness around here and while I wont say anything about the atmosphere in the arena (I've never been there), things like booing a servant like Bong to the extent where Bloom and Potter feel its necessary to ask "wtf are you doing, please stop it". ..

Or harrassing Connolly on Instagram to the point where he feels he need to lock his account and remove his BHAFC pictures, or being overly critical against players despite winning 3-0... I mean sure, I dont go to games, I haven't been around in the BHAFC fandom for very long, and its fine to feel that I shouldnt express myself on this subject, but I cant help myself from thinking that there is room for improvement also among some sentiments of the fans.

I realise its probably a psychological effect from having a couple of very successful seasons followed by the much more difficult nature of the PL (games will be lost, games will be ugly).

Supporters are the core of any club though, more important to results than many could imagine, and if people really want to see Brighton turn into a top 10 club in the PL they need to think twice before expressing their (natural) worries in a destructive way. The players looked like nervous train wrecks for two months after that horrendous Sheffield W display and I really dont want to see that - as a human and as a new BHAFC fan - complete manifestion of angst on the pitch again, and fans could change that by generally being a bit more patient and accepting.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Norwich City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

I try to be, sure I've had a little punch at Trossard and Montoya over the season but nothing big.

From interviewing a hundred footballers or so over the years I also know that a lot of players will be reading these threads/other social media tonight.

Most players (especially the younger) are very curious to read about what the fans thought of their performances etc, so when they put down a hard working effort and win a game people should be supportive.

Not saying people cant be critical of performances or players, but theres a bit too much harshness around here and while I wont say anything about the atmosphere in the arena (I've never been there), things like booing a servant like Bong to the extent where Bloom and Potter feel its necessary to ask "wtf are you doing, please stop it". ..

Or harrassing Connolly on Instagram to the point where he feels he need to lock his account and remove his BHAFC pictures, or being overly critical against players despite winning 3-0... I mean sure, I dont go to games, I haven't been around in the BHAFC fandom for very long, and its fine to feel that I shouldnt express myself on this subject, but I cant help myself from thinking that there is room for improvement also among some sentiments of the fans.

I realise its probably a psychological effect from having a couple of very successful seasons followed by the much more difficult nature of the PL (games will be lost, games will be ugly).

Supporters are the core of any club though, more important to results than many could imagine, and if people really want to see Brighton turn into a top 10 club in the PL they need to think twice before expressing their (natural) worries in a destructive way. The players looked like nervous train wrecks for two months after that horrendous Sheffield W display and I really dont want to see that - as a human and as a new BHAFC fan - complete manifestion of angst on the pitch again, and fans could change that by generally being a bit more patient and accepting.

You’re talking about a minority of supporters. Hardly indicative of the entire Brighton fan base.

You haven’t even been to a game lol, Albion fans are brilliant by and large to and from every game and we always get behind the team.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Always enjoy our meets with Norwich. I find us quite similar, family clubs with fortunes that ebb and flow. One of my best mates is a Norwich boy so a bit of friendly rivalry always adds to the day.

And always good when we win ;-)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Not pretty, not exciting but got the job done. A good solid, hard working performance and a deserved three points.

Potter seems to be fully embracing his inner Hughton at the moment. And I quite like it.

In terms of performance and tactics the season's gone the opposite way to how I imagined it would. We're currently playing how I thought we would at the start of the season, in a similar vein to Hughton but with hints to a slicker, more imaginative future which would morph over the season into the ball hogging, open, attacking side we know is Potter's preferred style. Instead we went full dominating possession, playing beautiful football from the start and have now, at the sharp end of the season re-introduced the Hughton ethos.

I'm looking forward to seeing the perfect balance of the two styles next season.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
From the BBS:

What a depressing season this as been, watching Palace scrape through another season playing mostly uninspiring football and watching Weed be saved by a pandemic and their incredible knack of playing teams who have given up on their season just when Weed need points most. Guess having a £250M penis pump, sugar-daddy wasn't enough luck for them. Weed ****s. Starting to think we'll get relegated before they do.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here