Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Northants v Sussex County Championship 23-09-14 10.30 start

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We've bagged the draw, it would have been foolish to declare and go for the win as that wouldn't have got us any further up the table.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
At what point do people think Middlesex are safe? They're currently 177 runs ahead, I fancy they'll need to bat another hour. Lancs will need at least 25 overs to chase down 200,

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
We've bagged the draw, it would have been foolish to declare and go for the win as that wouldn't have got us any further up the table.

Its like running through quicksand trying to explain it sometimes isnt it?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I think we only have 3 batting points as we didn't make it to the 350 run threshold in the 110 overs allotted for bonus points.

Fair play, and I note we have secured 3rd even if Somerset win by virtue of more matches won.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Is Tea still at 3.10 (given the earlier rain)?

I think Lancs need at least 1 more wicket before then..

I thnk they need them both out before then. What's the maximum points deduction you can get for a slow over rate?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Tea and Middx with a 204 run leads, still 2 wickets left. The red rose is beginning to wilt...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

And people wonder why 4 day county matches are so sparsely supported. I feel sorry for the people who turned up today to watch what could have been an exciting days play.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The weathers pretty good up here though - so I guess they could play fairly late into the evening

They cant. There are only 30 overs left to bowl, allowing for a minimum of 15 in the last hour.
Middle are 222 ahead and still two wickets to fall.
Lancs are DOOMED

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Fair play to Middlesex, they've all but blocked their way to safety today after being behind for 3 days. I almost want Lancs to take these last 2 wickets to see them have a dart at 230 at 10 and over. That situation would be made for Jos Buttler.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Glen Chapple should be sponsored by Ever Ready. He just keeps going.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Glen Chapple should be sponsored by Ever Ready. He just keeps going.

Excellent cricketer - really good, old-fashioned county pro. He really should have played for England but what great service he's given Lancashire ... they don't deserve him.

I see Somerset have mucked things up against Yorkshire and are hanging on now ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here