Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] North stand embarrassing!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
To be fair to de Zerbi, if that reaction had happened when Potter was still manager he’d still be crying about it, whereas not a peep out of RdZ
He's managed in Italy for many years, it won't be new to him, nor unexpected. We live in a world where fans are ever more demanding. French fans lecturing their players via megaphone. Ajax fans trashing their own stadium. Newcastle and Man Utd fans protesting their owners not spending enough 100's of millions. Arsenal fans en masse demanding the sacking of Arteta after a handful of games. I reckon RDZ can live with the odd grumble from the NS.

Bryanw42

Nov 8, 2021
Epsom
If the amex had a bad day on Sunday it was still 5x better than the morgue of Stamford bridge tonight. Really really really bad home support from Chelsea.
Our support tonight was brilliant. Loud and relentless and vicious/quality piss taking throughout. Still split in two on occasions but who cares.

Mar 4, 2023
If the amex had a bad day on Sunday it was still 5x better than the morgue of Stamford bridge tonight. Really really really bad home support from Chelsea.
Our support tonight was brilliant. Loud and relentless and vicious/quality piss taking throughout. Still split in two on occasions but who cares.
I'm not sure about anyone else but it felt like a vacuum at some points. Down in the lower stand was good from us but it just felt like all our noise was sucked away into the London sky, not sure I've experienced anything like it before. Made the Amex feel positively raucous by comparison.

Bryanw42

Nov 8, 2021
Epsom
I'm not sure about anyone else but it felt like a vacuum at some points. Down in the lower stand was good from us but it just felt like all our noise was sucked away into the London sky, not sure I've experienced anything like it before. Made the Amex feel positively raucous by comparison.
Our support sounded great from upper. Home support was non existent until they scored then it was still shit from them

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
ALL EPL home support is far worse/quieter than away support, always has been.
It’s ironic when away support chant the same old nonsense of ‘your support is f***ing shit’ then in their next home game have the away support chant it at them, this includes us.
The only exceptions tend to be derbies or real rival matches, but these are normally 2 or 3 a season.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
ALL EPL home support is far worse/quieter than away support, always has been.
It’s ironic when away support chant the same old nonsense of ‘your support is f***ing shit’ then in their next home game have the away support chant it at them, this includes us.
The only exceptions tend to be derbies or real rival matches, but these are normally 2 or 3 a season.
I agree with what you are saying but I would say that Forest's support up there last season was magnificent

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I was listening to BBC Sussex and all I could hear beyond Jonny and Warren was a handful of vocal Chelsea dickheads (even they mentioned them in a sarcastic way on more than one occasion)

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
But you were at the game were you not? Did you run home and watch a recording or is this just made up bollocks. As for the rest it’s garbage. People who went to Gillingham sit all around the ground. Having sat in the north a fair while I’ve never ever heard anyone rabble on about Gillingham or being a better fan for being there, unlike yourself who appears to think he’s a better fan because you didnt moan or get frustrated. Football is a game them invokes emotions in fans. If you can’t urge your team on when there behind without it being constrained as criticism we may as all just as well sit on our hands. Even RDZ could see something wasn’t right and made 2 half time changes.
I was at the game in the East right next to North, I go to all home games and a fair few away games. The frustrating part was we were playing our game that we have played since RDZ got us going... it seemed as though the North were getting on the players backs for doing their job that they have been coached to do so - hence why Dunk was annoyed too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here