Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North stand boys to conduct the singing!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
First people complained there was no singing.
Then people complained it's all the same songs.
Now people are trying something new, something that requires a bit of co-ordination people are complaining still.

All new songs need some co-ordination and pre planning. Did the "ultras" or North stand kollective or whatever spontaneously start singing the new song, or did they plan a little?

If we don't want conductors of songs are we doing away with the b... B! r... R! i... I.... song because someone leads it?

A little bit of organisation for the first song, and people will take it from there.

Fur Cough

Yeah... great idea... let's get 5000 people all singing random different things at the same time. That would be great :facepalm:

At the risk of incuring your wrath again, I disagree.

We sing because we want to sing, very few people have the nerve to start a song off, I'm not one of them, but the songs/chants start because of a few and others join.

Random singing by 5000 (five thousand) people is nothing i've ever heard before.

:thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Does the NSK have regular songwriting sessions? Auditions? Who's the top dog in it? It would be good to know this stuff. Praise be to those who do Albion related stuff outside of matches.

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove
As someone who was in the east stand on saturday it is worth saying there were a few attempts to get an east stand brighton boys chant going, but the west stand started at the same time and drowned us out. I know some people hate this chant, I like it but that's just my opinion. Part of the reason I like it is because it involves a bit more interaction with other sections of the ground, rather than just one person singing and everyone else just joining in. Because of this it needs some sort of coordination/planning and if people don't like that that's up to them, but it is still needed for it to involve all 3 stands. For those of you who think "well who cares about the east stand anyway", if they were encouraged to get involved, then perhaps they would join in more singing generally and as a set of fans we would create a better atmosphere.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Can we please get a new song now? I never liked albiyawn, but it is much better than this shite we now do. It was good once at mkdons but no need at all to repeat it every 10 minutes. It sounds wank, does absolutely nothing to gee up the players or intimidate the away fans and massively distracts people from the match. I have never witnessed another team sing it and there is a reason for that.

Why can we not have a discussion about our complete and utter inability to sing a song at it's intended speed, the ultras song seems to have doubled in speed since it started, and quite frankly, palace sing it better.

We need to come up with some more chants for players, and just ditch this shite leftside/rightside thing now.

darkcore1977

May 18, 2009
haywards heath
Can we please get a new song now? I never liked albiyawn, but it is much better than this shite we now do. It was good once at mkdons but no need at all to repeat it every 10 minutes. It sounds wank, does absolutely nothing to gee up the players or intimidate the away fans and massively distracts people from the match. I have never witnessed another team sing it and there is a reason for that.

Why can we not have a discussion about our complete and utter inability to sing a song at it's intended speed, the ultras song seems to have doubled in speed since it started, and quite frankly, palace sing it better.

We need to come up with some more chants for players, and just ditch this shite leftside/rightside thing now.

Glad i dont sit next to you , your a constant moaner never happy with anything.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Can we please get a new song now? I never liked albiyawn, but it is much better than this shite we now do. It was good once at mkdons but no need at all to repeat it every 10 minutes. It sounds wank, does absolutely nothing to gee up the players or intimidate the away fans and massively distracts people from the match. I have never witnessed another team sing it and there is a reason for that

Which stand are you in kidney

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here