Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North stand boys to conduct the singing!!

Dazzer

Aug 28, 2011
Please can the North stand conduct the singing between the West and the East stand when singing we are the "North stand Brighton boys". If the North stand starts, may I suggest they turn and face who they want a reply from in that way we won’t sing over each other. I am an East stand Brighton boy and I know we are all very keen to show you we have a voice.. Many thanks.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Please can the North stand conduct the singing between the West and the East stand when singing we are the "North stand Brighton boys". If the North stand starts, may I suggest they turn and face who they want a reply from in that way we won’t sing over each other. I am an East stand Brighton boy and I know we are all very keen to show you we have a voice.. Many thanks.

Forgot to add - it's a good idea mate.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

fair point, good first post

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011

I propose we point,as has already been suggested.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
yes ... if the north stand looked at me i would sing back

but i also like the idea of the north stand getting the whole stadium singing
we´re the right side (with the west)
and then we´re the left side (with the east)

maybe you can even get the away fans to join in ! .. ok maybe not
will be back in december to admire progress !

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Just let the East start.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

Yes, it's a fair point. The only issue that's likely to arise is that the North Stand doesn't think instinctively as one, but tends to have any number of song-starters, singing groups and other rabble rousers in its midst. So getting them all to a) agree and b) coordinate with this degree of synchronicity might be a challenge. But we'll give it a go :lol:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Or why not just have the North 1st, followed by the west 2nd and then the east 3rd before the north reply

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

LukeOwen

Jun 7, 2011
Hampshire
We are all up for this 3 way thing. Problem is there's only a few people who look at NSC ( compared with all our fans ) and the North and West banter overpowered the east. Somehow we need to tell everyone about this idea. Maybe just loud talking when your with your mates to pass the idea about, hopefully.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Maybe we could just sing something slightly less shit?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
With all this pointing and facing another stand to indicate it's their turn, and watching to see when they'll point or face towards you, you'll miss much of the flow of the match... and possibly CMS' hat-trick.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Sorry, I seem to inadvertantly stumbled across an under 12s only thread - surely there should be more warning for those of us trying to avoid this sort of nonsense. Choreographed singing, jesus, do me a favour.

Not sure what Fur Cough said, but I reckon I probably agree.

Fur Cough

Sorry, I seem to inadvertantly stumbled across an under 12s only thread - surely there should be more warning for those of us trying to avoid this sort of nonsense. Choreographed singing, jesus, do me a favour.

Not sure what Fur Cough said, but I reckon I probably agree.

I would re-post what i said but don't want another PM from a sensitive MOD.

This time I'll try to be more constructive in my criticism of the idea.

I don't go to football matches to have an orchestrated sing song, don't get me wrong here, i love a good atmosphere with plenty of singing and chanting but the idea of 1 stand directing the singing is a bit naff really. The idea of waiting for the North to point at us and say "your turn" really does make me cringe, I'm not in a choir.

And to the OP, you say you are very keen to show the East has a voice, at no time do you need permission to show this, just start singing, if others around you join in then carry on, you'll find it's very uplifting.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
One problem is that there aren't enough people from each stand reading this and related threads, so they all get caught up in their own duals, and so don't think about the three way. To get the three way chant going it needs more organisation than a couple of threads on here. People need to spread the word around, maybe even people in he west, having sung their parts, while the north sing theirs do a slight 'east, east' chant (can't be too loud so as to allow the north stand to be heard, but loud enough to let the west know to wait for the east, or to let the east know to join in), or just shout to each other to let the east sing theirs, maybe trying to encourage others in the stand to point to the east while the north are singing. Or maybe east stand to take the initiative in a similar way, while the north or west sing, east stand can chant 'give us a chance' (with the same idea of spreading it amongst your fellow east standers to let them know the plan)

Either that, or hand out flyers in each stand before the match, but perhaps that's going too far.

EDIT: should probably read the whole thread before replying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here