Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North and South West ST holders meeting 18th December

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Make the North Stand seating unallocated seating. Singers naturally end up with singers and off we go.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Buy a striker that can score goals
Buy players that show passion and commitment
Don't bring in loan players that don't give a shit
Don't appoint managers that are shy and lacking in passion

Sell beer cheaper.
Don't tell people to sit down when they try to generate noise.
Make singing seats cheaper and affordable.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Move away fans into a corner like on other grounds creating a second hard core cheap seat end behind the South goal.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Anyone else had this email?:

---------

Dear Supporter

We would like to invite you to join us in our Heineken Lounge at the stadium on 18th December from 7-9pm to discuss how we can better support you, the supporters.

The event will be hosted by:

Paul Beirne - Head of Commercial

Adrian Morris - Safety and Security Manager

Jen Wade - Supporter Services Manager

Tom Gorringe - Head of Marketing

We would like you to come with ideas and suggestions that you feel will help boost the atmosphere at the Amex.

There will be a buffet food offering provided and the bar will be open for you to have a drink while you are with us.

Spaces are limited for this event so we ask you to please register your interest, via our RSVP function here.

We hope that you are able to join us, however if you can't have a very Merry Christmas!

-----

Anyone going?

So, nothing about the football then?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I would have unallocated seating in the central two blocks of the north stand. First come first served on match days, like away games.

failing that, Move all those that want to sing to the centre of the North Stand, incorporating the police box crew.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I've had an invite so I'll go along - it's the least I can do.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
The North will never become un allocated seating, the club would need to reduce the capacity of the stand by a fair amount for that to happen, also they like us in our seats as they know who we are if it ever got out of hand.
But the police box lot need to move more centrally, then we may not have the same stand singing two different songs. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out if the whole stand sang together it would be a lot louder!
But for this to happen some of the non singers will need to relinquish their seats which I doub will happen.
And away fans in a corner, preferably the North East would ramp up the atmosphere too.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The rev attended a meeting before the first ball was kicked and gave them many ideas how to get the atmosphere right and they didn't listen. Includeds an area for young fans to get together at a reasonable price. However am pleased the club are trying to improve the atmosphere. We need chips. :facepalm:

As did I. .. and it turned out to be a waste of time as the atmosphere was fantastic and we had a great team.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The North will never become un allocated seating, the club would need to reduce the capacity of the stand by a fair amount for that to happen, also they like us in our seats as they know who we are if it ever got out of hand.
But the police box lot need to move more centrally, then we may not have the same stand singing two different songs. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out if the whole stand sang together it would be a lot louder!
But for this to happen some of the non singers will need to relinquish their seats which I doub will happen.
And away fans in a corner, preferably the North East would ramp up the atmosphere too.

The police box lot did used to be central but were getting hassle from some stewards which is why they moved beneath the police box.

Notters point about the team doing well, is also relevant. It's difficult to rouse ourselves when the football is dire, except when the referee/officials make appalling decisions. Sometimes a bad ref can get the atmosphere going.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
one-man-band-cardiff-1.jpg

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
The police box lot did used to be central but were getting hassle from some stewards which is why they moved beneath the police box.
Yeah for sure, The Judge used to stand just in front of me, that's why I'm hoping this meeting may broach the subject of moving some of the less vocal north stand central fans and allowing the police box lot to move to the middle.
This is the only way we will improve the atmosphere in my opinion, kudos to the club though, at least they recognise there is something amiss and are engaging with us to do something about it.
I guarantee there will be a binfest though once a load of the old folk start saying they won't move.

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
Well done the club for making the effort.

As others have said and I've thought for ages, the best atmospheres are where rival fans are singing at each offer, you can't hear or see the south stand from the north so they have to be moved to the family stand.

The fact the north stand spends 90 minutes singing two songs at once doesn't help, drowning each other out.

Please though, for the love of God no music or drumming or anything like that. Plenty of away grounds don't have this and have great a atmosphere.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yeah for sure, The Judge used to stand just in front of me, that's why I'm hoping this meeting may broach the subject of moving some of the less vocal north stand central fans and allowing the police box lot to move to the middle.
This is the only way we will improve the atmosphere in my opinion, kudos to the club though, at least they recognise there is something amiss and are engaging with us to do something about it.
I guarantee there will be a binfest though once a load of the old folk start saying they won't move.

As one of the old folk in the North stand, I chose my seat nearer the front so that I wouldn't be in the way of those who want to stand. Oh yes, and I sing too.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The rev attended a meeting before the first ball was kicked and gave them many ideas how to get the atmosphere right and they didn't listen. Includeds an area for young fans to get together at a reasonable price. However am pleased the club are trying to improve the atmosphere. We need chips. :facepalm:

At the last home game there were loads of empty seats in the North Stand (and the rest of the ground) - this is not what we need if we want to get a good atmosphere going. It might be a stupid idea but what if the club were to invite those regular non-attendees (those who miss say 30% of games) to relocate to somewhere else in the ground? Those seats could then be re-sold to younger fans (whom I'm guessing are more likely to turn up). They could even offer a sweetener to those fans that they asked to move - e.g WSL ST for the price of an NS ST for next season. Getting a packed NS every week is where we need to start - the atmosphere will spread from there to the rest of the ground. Perhaps they could just start with half the NS or one or two blocks.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
The Football Supporters Federation have been campaigning for quite a while, even coming up with the design for it. There's been thousands of signatures on a petition already.

To properly channel the efforts, please get in touch with your local MP and ask them to sign the Early Day Motion in Parliament. There are already approx 110 that have signed it (I believe) and ensuring your MP does the same will guarantee that this is discussed in Parliament: http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-standing/actions-for-fans/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here