Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone bid ACCEPTED according to BBC

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
indeed the FA are incredibly crap at explaining themselves

Trawling the FA website, apparently the FA offices will not be physically manned after 2pm on Friday and will reopen at 9am on Tuesday but clubs are able to register players "remotely" when the offices are closed (no I don't have a clue what that means for sure either but I'm guessing it's Q&A and the computer gives timed receipts and confirms that the information has been received) and the FA Registration Officer's personal mobile number is available on line for queries.

I am guessing this means we could sign Noone on loan to play on Saturday afternoon (if we sign him permanently he can't play until the following day) and can then register the permanent transfer in the late afternoon so he can appear against Exeter on Monday. This seems to be what other clubs are planning.

Interestingly on 31st January the window closes at 11pm not 11.59pm as per FIFA Regs in order to avoid controversy when 'Arry and Arsene sign someone after hours

Last edited:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
He's taking a long time to agree terms!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
indeed the FA are incredibly crap at explaining themselves

Trawling the FA website, apparently the FA offices will not be physically manned after 2pm on Friday and will reopen at 9am on Tuesday but clubs are able to register players "remotely" when the offices are closed (no I don't have a clue what that means for sure either but I'm guessing it's Q&A and the computer gives timed receipts and confirms that the information has been received) and the FA Registration Officer's personal mobile number is available on line for queries.

I am guessing this means we could sign Noone on loan to play on Saturday afternoon (if we sign him permanently he can't play until the following day) and can then register the permanent transfer in the late afternoon so he can appear against Exeter on Monday. This seems to be what other clubs are planning.

Interestingly on 31st January the window closes at 11pm not 11.59pm as per FIFA Regs in order to avoid controversy when 'Arry and Arsene sign someone after hours

Another thread says we can't sign him in time to play at 1pm tomorrow. Any idea how long before a game you have to sign a loan deal to be allowed to play him? If he signed on loan at 9 am tomorrow could he play at 1pm?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here