Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone bid ACCEPTED according to BBC

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think it was a done deal when Plymouth went to court and got the adjournment to pay some money. We are going to provide the money that got them off the hook temporarily.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
hate to burst your bubble but its not jan yet we can sign anyone til midnight tomorrow

Who's bursting bubbles ?
The clubs have agreed a fee, now its just down to personal terms. No its not quite done and dusted yet, but the indications are he'll be joining our squad imminently. Certainly beats the last-minute scrambles on Jan 31st that we're normally accustomed to.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
hate to burst your bubble but its not jan yet we can sign anyone til midnight tomorrow

Officially. We can have everything in place; wages, transfer fee etc. then submit to the Football League at 00:01 on New Years Day. Loan him at the same time too and he could play against Orient :thumbsup:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Surely there's only one time of day to sign him.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
So if he signed at 00:01 on jan 1st can he play at 1pm against orient?

How much clearance is needed.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I think it was a done deal when Plymouth went to court and got the adjournment to pay some money. We are going to provide the money that got them off the hook temporarily.

I agree - there were rumours of 2 players signing 'pre-contract deals'. The contract could be signed before but dated for midnight on 31st. He could then play on Saturday.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So if he signed at 00:01 on jan 1st can he play at 1pm against orient?

How much clearance is needed.

You just said he's shit :)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Defo a signing this afternoon, whether it is Noone, guess find out in Argus tomorrow.

If the deal gets done I would imagine the Club Site will release the news before the Argus

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Wonder what happens with Lua Lua now (if all goes to plan)? Will we still try and get him down here or do you think that is the end of the speed merchant in the stripes. Imagine Lua Lua and Noone on the wings with Bennett in a free role

As long as we sign someone to convert the chances they create!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Splitting hairs a bit but its his registration that we can't have ratified until Jan 1st. He can sign a contract with us before that date. Presumably that will all be in place before Saturday seeing as he travelled down today.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Three hours notice for a loan, one day for a new signing I think. He could sign as a loanee for the day nad then sign permanent forms after the game to be eligible for Monday.

That's what happened with Holroyd last january.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here