Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone bid ACCEPTED according to BBC

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Seems like it in imploding at Argyle

Plymouth Argyle's head coach Paul Mariner has today left the club to pursue another opportunity.

A press release on Plymouth Argyle's official website read: "Given the outstanding relationship that Paul has with this football club, we have agreed to release Paul from his contract and wish him all the very best for the future."

The 57-year-old joined the Pilgrims from US side New England Teabaggers in October 2009.

He initially worked under Paul Sturrock, as coach and lover, before replacing the Scot as Argyle boss in December 2009.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If as everybody says it is a loan deal then I would expect it to be a 7 day loan so that he can play against Exeter and we then sign him before the next league game as he is cup tied so cant play against Portsmouth, so there is not a rush to sign him permenantly.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I always knew Sturrock was gay!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just had a look at the highlights on the Plymouth website. Noone looks a fantastic player, quick enough, skillful, clever and most importantly has an excellent final pass. BWP has had most of his goals given to him on a plate from Noone. I hope they can work out the wages, he'll be an exciting player for us. Happy days.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
As coach and lover. :bowdown:

From the interviews from Mariner I saw on the FLS last season, I quite liked the man.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Reading that it looks like Ipswich are going to buy Rory Fallon - he is currently on loan there.
BWP will surely go and Bolasie is also, by rumour, subject to a bid. They will soon have no-one left!
I wonder if, once their transfer embargo is lifted (later in the month hopefully?) we might have offered players on loan to sweeten the deal for Noone?

They need to raise 760K for HMRC debts by the start of Feb and by the end of March they will owe another 3 million! God knows how they are going to get through. It can surely only be via administration.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The window might well open at 0001 on Saturday morning, but presumably someone at the FA would have to actually be there in the office to ratify everything, which I highly doubt will be the case.

Those crazy old party boys at FA HQ will all be out celebrating the New Year at the Ministry of Sound and the O2 at that time of day, not sitting in the office waiting for the oldest fax machine in the world to start bleeping.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Presumably he is cup tied for the Pompey game?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I reckon the fact that it's a weekend and a bank holiday coming up mean Noone wouldn't be registered until Tuesday at the earliest.

They still finalise things by FAX, for crying out loud, so it's too much to expect them to actually have provisions in place for transfer dealings outside office hours.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I reckon the fact that it's a weekend and a bank holiday coming up mean Noone wouldn't be registered until Tuesday at the earliest.

They still finalise things by FAX, for crying out loud, so it's too much to expect them to actually have provisions in place for transfer dealings outside office hours.

Norwich are signing Wilbraham and he will play on Saturday (loan deal signed in the morning and permanent transfer completed in the afternoon)
Hull are signing McLean and he is expected play on Saturday
Saints are signing Chaplow and he will play on Saturday (admittedly he is already on loan)

someone must be in the FA offices on Saturday and presumably we can take advantage of it the same as the above

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps somebody is going into the FL office during the day to ratify any faxes sent during the night, then contact the club if there is a problem and on that assumption if you dont hear anything it is ok for him to play..

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And he expects him to be in Brighton for the 1st Jan :thumbsup:

Well so do I if he travelled today. I know it's a long old poke from Devon but it doesn't take three days even if you get stuck behind a caravan on the A303.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
someone must be in the FA offices on Saturday and presumably we can take advantage of it the same as the above

Oh I do hope so (like I also hope the lad agrees terms), I was just working on the assumpton that the FA are normally quite crap at these things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here