Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NO TO GAM£ 39 - Supporters' Petition

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Sadly I don't think this is going to make a blind bit of difference, if those who control the purse strings decide it is going to happen then it most probably will, not sure if it will wreck the game but it may drive a lot of people away from the Premiership. If I were a fan of a team in the Premiership I would probably try to organise a walk out at half time during a game, like we had at the Albion, then when the team and directors come back from their half time brew to a virtually empty stadium then they might take notice...to coin the old phrase, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
NOT Signed, I think that we should try it for ONE season and if it works then do it again (maybe every couple of years or so) and if it fails then dont bother with it again.

To be honest though, I think we are trying to be like America where they are taking there NFL games abroad.

Why not make the game one of the existing fixtures instead of creating an extra game, The NFL game played at Wembley was a normal fixture moved to a different location, not an additional game that upsets the fairness and integrity of the Premier league

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Why not make the game one of the existing fixtures instead of creating an extra game, The NFL game played at Wembley was a normal fixture moved to a different location, not an additional game that upsets the fairness and integrity of the Premier league

because one side loses all the "advantages" of a home fixture.....

oh no we didn't play Liverpool at home that year, we played it in New York :shootself

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
I sympathise, although I will sign the petition. I barely pay any attention to the Premiershite anyway, but if they bring this in, that will be it. They don't give a f*** about football fans, so it's about time football fans stopped giving a f*** about them.

:bowdown:

signed but more as a little dig at the ***** that run the premier league than anything else.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
¡Cereal Killer!;2291229 said:
NOT Signed, I think that we should try it for ONE season and if it works then do it again (maybe every couple of years or so) and if it fails then dont bother with it again.

You are the first supporter I have heard who is in favour of the plans. Fair play, I respect your opinion, but it seems to be plagued with indifference and indecision.

I've signed. A preposterous, selfish scheme by people with more money than sense. I heard a bit of David Gold's interview on 5 Live. He was implying that the profit raised would aid the reduction in ticket prices in England. Yeah, whatever David. We all know the money raised will do one of two things, line your pocket or be spent gambling on Hugo Couldnthitabullsarsewithabanjo from the Mexican Premiership.

David Gold - From potential hero to total zero in a few short months in my opinion. It makes me appreciate Dick Knight more than ever.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Don't clubs already do lucrative tours in these areas? Man Utd in Asia and Chelsea's trip to the US last year spring to mind.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Signed.

If they MUST do something like this, why not a premier league cup including just those teams. They can bugger off and play their own bloody cup and skip the league cup without tainting the integrity of the league.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Thank you for your email regarding the Premier League's plans for an international round of fixtures.

Premier League Clubs have agreed in principle to support plans to create a new round of 10 competitive fixtures to be played overseas beginning season 2010/11. This ‘international round’ will be in addition to the traditional 38 home and away matches each of the 20 Premier League Clubs currently play.

The ‘international round’ is an exciting and innovative proposal that needs careful consideration before being introduced. We believe that an ‘international round’ of matches will enhance the strength of the Premier League as a competition; create extra interest in all 20 Premier League Clubs at home and abroad; and allow increased investment in talent development and acquisition, facilities as well as our football development and community programmes.

The globalisation of sport is both an opportunity and a challenge; one that needs addressing in a responsible way. We are a better competition for being a cosmopolitan league and have benefited from our increased international reach. Nonetheless, it is critical we retain our English character by improving our efforts to produce home grown talent, deepening our commitment to community engagement and continuing our investment in the grass roots.

Please be assured that we do take all feedback seriously. We appreciate the concerns of supporters and will be taking all comments on board and consulting widely before the plans are finalised.

Kind regards
Communications Team

The Football Association Premier League Limited.
Registered Office: 30 Gloucester Place, London W1U 8PL. No. 2719699 England

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Don't care enough to sign it.

When division 1 became the premiership,the writing was on the wall.

Now itis on the wall in 93 different languages,and the premiership is an up itself Harlem Globetrotters league and I wouldn't travel across town to watch it.It follows that shipping ALL the games to foreign countries would be the preffered option.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just a thought. If more people become pissed off with Premiership big clubs - might not sides like us benefit from people moving their support down the football pyramid?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here