NO TO GAM£ 39 - Supporters' Petition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Thought some people might like to sign the petition against the proposed extra Premier League games planned just to make money!

Petition

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
NOT signed.
f*** em. What do I care if those Premiership c unts want to go chasing cash all over the world ? It has no effect on me. I only care about the Albion. The Premiership has become so far removed from the game I used to know, this is just another ridiculous step down a road that I just couldn't give a f*** about any more.

My complete indifference will be my protest.

NOT signed.
f*** em. What do I care if those Premiership c unts want to go chasing cash all over the world ? It has no effect on me. I only care about the Albion. The Premiership has become so far removed from the game I used to know, this is just another ridiculous step down a road that I just couldn't give a f*** about any more.

I sympathise, although I will sign the petition. I barely pay any attention to the Premiershite anyway, but if they bring this in, that will be it. They don't give a f*** about football fans, so it's about time football fans stopped giving a f*** about them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I sympathise, although I will sign the petition. I barely pay any attention to the Premiershite anyway, but if they bring this in, that will be it. They don't give a f*** about football fans, so it's about time football fans stopped giving a f*** about them.
Could be the final Sky Sports straw for me.
If they press on ahead with this, I'm not sure I could stomach the insufferable non-stop hyperbole that would surround it all. I'll keep it this year for the Ryder Cup (probably my favourite televised sporting event other than the World Cup), but its got to a stage now where I can take it or leave it on the football front.

I do like the midweek Champions League (knockout stages), but this is a step too far now. If they hawk the top flight around the world with this ridiculous 39 game season, thats it for me. Sky can go f*** themselves.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
NOT signed.

Not sure about that, Easy. I hear what you're saying on the 'there's not much left to save' point, but this is a watershed. A decision taken with absolutely f*** all consideration for the fans, and for money that is not needed. It's sheer greed.

The more lucrative tie-ins of this nature there are, the more likely it is the fat cats will pull up the ladder behind them, call it an invitation league, and scrap relegation and promotion. That's when it affects others.

And in among all the Premier League newbies, there are decent longstanding fans at all those clubs who are appalled by this. It very much sounds to me as if the Premier League weren't consulting at all, they'd already decided to do it but are shocked at the strength of opinion. I think the fans might win this one.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
NOT Signed, I think that we should try it for ONE season and if it works then do it again (maybe every couple of years or so) and if it fails then dont bother with it again.

To be honest though, I think we are trying to be like America where they are taking there NFL games abroad.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And in among all the Premier League newbies, there are decent longstanding fans at all those clubs who are appalled by this. It very much sounds to me as if the Premier League weren't consulting at all, they'd already decided to do it but are shocked at the strength of opinion. I think the fans might win this one.

Not this one Tooting. Half the clubs in the Prem are now under foreign ownership, and theres only one thing they are interested in - making money. Those that arn't under foreign ownership are just creaming their pants over the new cashcow they are about to milk. Just look at David Golds comments the other day - he came out of that meeting with a full-blown hard-on over it all.

Sure there will be an outcry. Scudamore knew that, and his remarks about this "not just being about money" have frankly insulted the intelligence. The days when fans could be an influence at that level are long gone now. They'll sell out, and there's not a damn thing the fans can do about it.

Of course, the FA COULD actually veto this plan - the FAPL will need their ratification to push this through....reckon they will though ?

Naah. me neither.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The best thing about the whole fiasco is the animal metaphors. Cash cow AND golden goose.

What a well organised petition!

They seem to be forwarding all submissions individually, by email, to every premiership club and to the chief honchos at the Premier League itself - and some of them are sending out automated replies.

Will this bring the entire electronic communication system at every premiership club to a complete halt?

I do hope so. It's worth signing for that reason alone.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Gordon Brown hasn't covered himself in glory with his comments on the subject, to be broadcast on Five Live tomorrow.

"If the money was going back into the game, and used to help keep ticket prices down in England, then maybe that would be something to take account of."

Brilliant. As if things weren't bad enough, now we've got a Prime Minister who believes in Father Christmas and the tooth fairy.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports