Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No striker then?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
You'd rim if we signed my Nan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's just hard to take your complaints seriously when it seems that no decision the club makes is the right one. We do need a striker, and it's frustrating that we haven't got one. Will it consign us to mid-table or signal a huge dip in quality? Probably not. Does that excuse the club? No. Does it make us a joke club? OF COURSE IT DOESN'T.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You might be right but he is not the type of guy who would say to himself '' I bet I could get more out of him than his other managers'' he is more likely to say ''why would I want to pay money to take trouble off someone else's hands''

He got shot of Grant Holt and Steve Morison because they were ''work shy'' and ''disruptive'' Why take the chance with someone of Ravel Morrison's reputation

I'll take your word on that.

A gamble is good once in a while though and whoever turned Grey from multiphobic street scum into a Premier League striker deserves credit as his goals contributed to a Burnley £170m+ megapromotion.

If only we had someone at the club who is an expert gambler ? ? ? ?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
So are the moaners assuming that we haven't tried to get any strikers this window (after Pritchard?) have any of you thought that "maybe" we have tried but the Clubs in question have rebuffed our offers? Just like we've done with Stephens so far?

Is it ideal? No it isn't but unfortunately there isn't any more that the Club can do. For example if we were in for Rhodes, but we can't afford to buy him as Boro want to get their money back so we would need to find at least £10m. We don't have it but we've asked for him on loan and we'll pay his wages. Boro say no.

Not a lot can be done about it really is there!

Some people need to chill.

It's just hard to take your complaints seriously when it seems that no decision the club makes is the right one. We do need a striker, and it's frustrating that we haven't got one. Will it consign us to mid-table or signal a huge dip in quality? Probably not. Does that excuse the club? No. Does it make us a joke club? OF COURSE IT DOESN'T.

Well it appears that this window has been a big failure by the recruitment team,if they were to resign then no,we wouldn't be a joke,the recruiting team have failed in their objective,time to go,bring in a recruiting team that can get the job done.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Doesn't look like there will be any "happy" Albion fans come 11.01 tonight. My guess is a ratio of 4:1 "moaning" against "resigned to it"
Should be fun on here. :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
NSC - "Naylor's full of shit"

*Naylor tweets that business is probably done for now, with a heavy caveat*

NSC - WE'RE DOOMED!

____

NSC - We must hold on to Stephens!

*tweet explains reasons for struggling to sign striker are identical to Stephens situation*

NSC - WE'RE A JOKE!

If anything's pathetic then, at times, it's this forum.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'll take your word on that.

A gamble is good once in a while though and whoever turned Grey from multiphobic street scum into a Premier League striker deserves credit as his goals contributed to a Burnley £170m+ megapromotion.

If only we had someone at the club who is an expert gambler ? ? ? ?

Different scenario completely........................... Gray grabbed his opportunity with both hands while in the lower leagues...........................Morrison has had countless opportunities at a higher level and let them either slip through his fingers or threw them away by virtue of not putting the work rate and effort in

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Well it appears that this window has been a big failure by the recruitment team,if they were to resign then no,we wouldn't be a joke,the recruiting team have failed in their objective,time to go,bring in a recruiting team that can get the job done.

The recruitment team that brought in Skalak and Knockaert in January, Murray this summer, and two full international defenders in the last week?

Troll.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

Really? They have got in a new CB, which we needed. They got in a new LB, again which we needed. We have retained one, hopefully both, of the central midfielders who were pretty critical to our success last season, which you'd imagine the recruitment team had a hand in. They brought back Glenn Murray, a proven goal scorer at this level who has already shown that he knows where the back of the net is already and is much more likely to stay fit than Zamora was. While they are missing one target, at present anyway, I wouldn't call that a wholesale failure.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
What a shame that when you put a poster on ignore you can still see their whinging shit when people quote them.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
James Wilson is the yardstick here. Having swapped Murray for Bobby we've still only got 3 strikers so in the same position as the January window when we decided to bring in Wilson. I'm pretty certain the club could have struck a deal for Wilson for this season if we'd have wanted it enough. Now he's at Derby.

Whilst I think the club were right not to try and sign him he is certainly better than nothing.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Different scenario completely........................... Gray grabbed his opportunity with both hands while in the lower leagues...........................Morrison has had countless opportunities at a higher level and let them either slip through his fingers or threw them away by virtue of not putting the work rate and effort in

Is Morrison all about a lack of work rate and effort?

In his book, Ferguson compares his talent to Giggs & Ronaldo but refers to 'problems off the pitch' and 'getting into trouble'.

I think it was mostly court cases, arrests, gangs & bad publicity but if you have knowledge that he was lazy and didn't train, that could also be true.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
James Wilson is the yardstick here. Having swapped Murray for Bobby we've still only got 3 strikers so in the same position as the January window when we decided to bring in Wilson. I'm pretty certain the club could have struck a deal for Wilson for this season if we'd have wanted it enough. Now he's at Derby.

Whilst I think the club were right not to try and sign him he is certainly better than nothing.

We signed Wilson in November

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It seems to me that people getting uptight about Albion's lack of deadline day business are missing the fundamental point that getting players in long before deadline day (as they have) is the sign of a well-run club. Sure, we've obviously hit a wall on one position - the striker - but no point signing any old crap just to keep people happy. I suspect our targets are very decent and therefore reliant on hard bargaining and/or other players moving around first...

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
The recruitment team that brought in Skalak and Knockaert in January, Murray this summer, and two full international defenders in the last week?

Troll.

Wouldnt have thought the recruitment team put much effort in with regard to Murray.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here