Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No striker then?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It will only take on injury to one of the strikers and then our striker force picks it'self with no option of changing things during a match. I don't want to hear that we can play a winger up top. That isn't the answer.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Big, big cock up from the club. If we're not signing a striker why bother keeping Stephens? May as well cash in as we'll struggle to make top 6.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not great considering we walked the same tightrope at the end of last season.

I can only think they are happy with the wide options being back up to the strikers.

Its disappointing as we badly needed a player to compete with Baldock.

Still hopeful

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looks like Knockaert, March & Murphy will be taking turns in playing the no10 secondary striker in training from tomorrow.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
With all the strikers that Albion have allegedly been linked with, I still am confident that we will get someone in.
Providing the agents don't **** it up.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It's Tony's money, he's obviously happy for us to kick around the playoff places over the next few seasons in the hope we get lucky and win one

Sent by 2 old baked bean cans and a piece of string

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
It's a joke that the club acknowledged we are in need of a quality forward by bidding around £8m for Pritchard, but haven't been able to bring anyone else of the same calibre in for around that amount after the deal fell through. This will cost us points this season, no doubt about it.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I can't fathom out why we're so poor at identifying and buying strikers. It's so frustrating. My interest in the rest of the season has now dissipated somewhat as we're going to find it very, very difficult to compete with the big boys. Maybe we're still an average Championship side after all?

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It's Tony's money, he's obviously happy for us to kick around the playoff places over the next few seasons in the hope we get lucky and win one

Play-offs? With the current strike force. I really can't see it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I have to disagree Bladders, I'm sure TB will want to see us in PL as soon as possible :thumbsup:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Signing wingers (Knockaert and Skalak), not strikers, was what got the goals coming in the second half of last season.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I'm taking it with a pinch of salt at the moment. The club aren't going to feed the press with the ins and outs of what they're trying to do in the last few hours of the window

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here