Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No signing on the way

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
A strange one this. On the one hand it's commendable that Poyet is being so ambitious, but i can't help but think that almost ANYBODY who is comfortable on the left of a 442 or 451 would dramatically improve the team- atm we simply don't have that option.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
A strange one this. On the one hand it's commendable that Poyet is being so ambitious, but i can't help but think that almost ANYBODY who is comfortable on the left of a 442 or 451 would dramatically improve the team- atm we simply don't have that option.

My thoughts exactly. He doesn't have to be a LuaLua, we just need someone to give us some width.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
He is just playing it down. I am still confident of a signing this afternoon.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It would suggest to me by the last paragraph, that he had someone lined up but we have not got the finance to bring them here, The " at this stage we cannot compete"

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
He's doing a Harry Redknapp on you all, telling you no ones lined up. Then 3 brown envelopes later, you got some people coming in.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I agree - i wouldn't even mind if we knew who he was after and before everyone shouts thats its better to do things on the quite without alerting our competitors that is exactly what any agent would do. I hope this special players still joins but it is looking unlikely

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is it not better to follow Arry and say nothing until the deal is done at least nobody is then expecting a signing. What we must remember is that as twat Adkins of Southampton says "we are the big spenders of this division"

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I think Smith has shown he cn do a job for us on the left - as he did before Kazenga arrived. Or we'll play a more compact midfield with Bennet in a free role.

I'm sure we'll get someone in January. Unless Gus has another foreign gem lined up.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I've been of the opinion for some time now that Jamie Smith should be given a chance, so I'm not overly bothered if we don't get someone else in to play on the left. From what I've seen of him so far, Smith can step into that role quite comfortably.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not a great fan of Jamie Smith I think he looks like aplayer who may do something but never does but then I didnt go to St Martys so perhaps he will prove me wrong. What I have seen of him I wouldnt put him in the first team we have many others who are better, when fit.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
It's strange how he (Smith) had seemingly been forgotten about over the last few months. He's always impressed me, though i suspect he'd prefer playing centrally.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I am not a great fan of Jamie Smith I think he looks like aplayer who may do something but never does but then I didnt go to St Martys so perhaps he will prove me wrong. What I have seen of him I wouldnt put him in the first team we have many others who are better, when fit.

Like who?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here