Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nights out in Brighton on the Late 70s - Early 80s

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
As i am now a responsible father & grandfather, I could not possibly comment on football hoolies of days gone by. besides, should my tongue be loosened by a few ales, the stories are often more glamerous that the real thing.

My kids, all now adults, think i'm silly to worry about them. such is the curse of parenthood!

Last edited:

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
As i am now a responsible father & gradfather, I could not possibly comment on football hoolies of days gone by. besides, should my tongue be loosened by a few ales, the stories are often more glamerous that the real thing.

My kids, all now adults, think i'm silly to worry about them. such is the curse of parenthood!

FG

"As i am now a responsible father & gradfather, I could not possibly comment on football hoolies of days gone by. besides, should my tongue be loosened by a few ales, the stories are often more glamerous that the real thing".

My Old Mans exactly the same.

But when his tounge starts to run a bit loose. He remenisces about the game when the Albion beat Spurs back in 78.

He was forced from the North Stand to watch the game from the top of the radio hut in the west and had to use a scaffold board to swat a few "fly's" who decided to climb up with him. ???

mesquitta

Dec 9, 2008
Mostly same venues as youself, My Brother and a few friends did :-
SHADES
DRUIDS HEAD
DERYCK CARVER
SMUGGLERS
HENNEKEYS
SWIFTS
PINK COCONUNT or
TOP RANK SUITE or
JENKINSONS CABARET BAR
DISCO Resident bands were The Kenny Samson Sound or Iain Dunnet Band

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
King Jerry's still alive? Wow. punk:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Before we went to Sherrys we used to go to a bar/club called The In Place. They used to play good soul/funk music there but I cannot for the life of me remember where it was now. This was about 79 ish.
Anyone remember ?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Anyone up for a reunion?

:love:

I would imagine a reunion of a group of lads who used to frequent such places as the bosun sherrys and the suite,would be a recipe for bloody hell i recognise him FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHT :lolol:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I would imagine a reunion of a group of lads who used to frequent such places as the bosun sherrys and the suite,would be a recipe for bloody hell i recognise him FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHT :lolol:

It might be quite funny if lads who have contributed to this thread, from the early 70s days, actually revealed there names, i bet it would be surprising how many know each other from those days.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The eastern star summat like that? near ship street post office?

Seven Stars, has now, last I looked, reverted back to this name.

It's also the pub where the Albion were formed, many years ago. Maybe they had just watched the strippers and decided it would be nice if they had a football team to watch!

:lolol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

:lolol: I remember someone going over the balcony in Sherrys. I cannot remember if he was thrown over or just trying to escape a bit of horseplay.
Anyway thats what we told the bouncers.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Thats the 1 seven stars aye! i honestly cannot remember ever going into sherrys and it Didnt kick off,i only ever used to go to try n pull the gal that looked liked Debbie Harry,that strangely hung around with a guy that looked a little like Rod Stewart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here