Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice article on the Independent's website

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yuk. Mike Ward.

That was my immediate reaction, tbh, but it's a reasonable piece in all fairness.

I share this view, too;

Brighton and Hove Albion FC may have lost some of its grass-roots qualities, but it desperately needed to. To make any kind of serious progress – which surely is the the whole point of the exercise – there was only so long it could trade on being cute and endearing.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
People on here give Mike Ward a lot of unwarranted criticism. As he says in the article he is one of many "JCLs" in fact he is less of one that the vast majority of our current season ticket holders.

Good article if you ask me.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Supporting the club for 12 years makes him a regular supporter , not all Brighton fans were born with the Albion gene.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good read.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My first thoughts were to label him a nob what with all this club changing allegiance business but I've reconsidered now and think he is a ****. How many times is he going to bang on about his switch ? He just doesn't get it.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I used to think criticism of him was unfair. I was a rootless Liverpool fan as a kid until I discovered the good ship albion.

But then I read (half of) his book. It was awful. I never give up reading books. Especially ones about the Albion.

Sure he must be an alright bloke though.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Mike Ward is a very nice person and people who make personal attacks on him aren't.

Whatever is their problem?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I thought Gullhanger was quite cutesy. What's the matter with it/him?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not read his book but seems a nice enough bloke. Anyway,lots of us supporting lower league teams would closetly support one of the big clubs. I used to love seeing Liverpool win in Europe but was overjoyed when we turned them over 2-0 in the cup at the Goldstone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here