Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nfl season 2009

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
anyone still around? not much to say from me, the bears suck. our defence is awful this year. would be very surprised if lovie is still with us next year. we are at minnesota on sunday so fully expecting another beat down. sigh. at least leeds have found winning ways.

i went over for the jags @ jets game when mjd downed it at the one yard line to stop the jets getting the ball back. smart play but of course highly unpopular with the locals. enjoyed it. then went to see the eagles bears game this past weekend, didn't enjoy that so much but hey ho.

new orleans to go all the way?

Neither the Saints or the Colts give off the impression than can go 16-0 like the Pats did a couple of years ago because you've got to think they can't keep getting these late comeback wins. However surely the only team in the NFC that can stop NO is the Vikings, and assuming they keep the big players fit I can't see NO losing to them.

Colts is a funny one because I don't think they're a 10-0 side, although when you look at the teams with the best records in the AFC I can't see anyone there (Steelers maybe if Polamalu gets fully fit and we sort out the fecking Special Teams) stopping them in the Playoffs. I suppose the Chargers are on a bit of a roll but it's a long time to keep that sort of momentum up for a team that has been notoriously inconsistant in recent seasons.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I quite like the look of the Bengals as a dark horse to come through and surprise a few in post season. I know they had a surprising loss last week, but for a team like the Bengals to come through they do need EVERYONE fit and firing. Scott looks a decent back-up, but he's not the player Cedric Benson has been this season. Ochocinco has been rolling back the years this season, while Carson Palmer finally looks properly fit this season. Meanwhile the defence is also holding up pretty well.

Of course they are not as good as the Pats or the Colts, but "any given Sunday" and all that.

As for the NFC, I think we could just fasy forward to the Vikings vs Saints Conference Final now. Cardinals desperately need Warner to be ok, and if he is then Wells is starting to look like he could produce, while the Eagles have certainly given McNabb the WR threats in Jackson and Maclin that he's needed since TO was run out of town ... but at the same time the run game has gone. Westbrook looks to have a nasty concussion, and I fear his days are numbered. Go back a few weeks to how they threw and threw against the Raiders excellent pass defence, rather than running against their porous run defence made me wonder if they also know that there is not much left in Westbrooks tank. Beyond those two, you have teams like mine (Cowboys) who flatter to deceive for a couple of weeks then crash back down to Earth.

Should be Conference Finals of

Pats vs Colts
Vikings vs Saints

... but my tip to gate-crash that party is the Bengals IF they can avoid injuries.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Chargers turning things around nicely now.. 7-3 and leading the AFC West. I'm actually more scared of the Ravens and Steelers than the Colts and Patriots come playoff time though, as the former have both already beaten us this year and can both play defense.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Steelers strugggling a bit...but expect them to go all the way.

Relies on the fitness of Troy for me. With him, they are a match for anyone, but without him the defence is a long way short. He's as much the key as Dwight Freeney is at the Colts.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Happy Thanksgiving NSC NFL fans everywhere. Shortly off to a friend's house to experience deep fried turkey for the first time and watch football all day. Should be a good one.

What did you make of MJD by the way Starry? By some distance the best thing about the Jags and arguably worth the price of the ticket on his own.

Go Jags. Go Gators (not necessarily in that order).

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Happy Thanksgiving NSC NFL fans everywhere.

Ditto to that.

I'm out of here in a an hour to host a little Thanksgiving NFL evening myself. Brand new telly, and HD box bought and delivered in the last few days especially for the occasion.

C'mon you 'boys, whip d'em Raiders butts.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Well, I missed out on our trip to Chiefs@Jags as my daughter was ill but just got back from a trip to see Billy Mays. Have to say that I still don't get the obsession with College football. There is great passion for it but the quality is not there - especially on defence.

Will Sky+ the Broncos game in the early hours to see if we can snap our four game losing streak against the equally inconsistent Giants. I never expected a 6-4 start so we are still exceeding my expectations but I have revised my hopes now to a 9-7 finish.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Re college football. Senior Day at the Swamp yesterday. Tebow's last home game. 3 passing TD's and 2 running. The Florida State Seminoles as expected obligingly rolled over and died although a late consolation TD took some of the gloss off after Florida took their starting defence out. Final score 35-10.

Jags at Candlestick Park this afternoon. Need to win to keep track with the Broncos in the race for the Wild Card but no great expectations especially after our last trip to the West Coast.

What are y'all doing for the SEC Championship game next Saturday? If you're at a loss I'm hosting. Beers , ribs and wings a plenty. DCH knows the way.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
RIP Chris Henry.

Talented player, who never got to live up to his potential.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
oh my bears :( think we'll have a complete coaching clear out at the end of the season, hopefully bring in mike shanahan. the less said about the bears the better i think.

starting to shape up for post season, i think san diego might well be there at the end, can't be chokers forever.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
oh my bears :( think we'll have a complete coaching clear out at the end of the season, hopefully bring in mike shanahan. the less said about the bears the better i think.

starting to shape up for post season, i think san diego might well be there at the end, can't be chokers forever.

It appears that Shanahan will be at the Redskins next season from the stories coming out of the states.

My Broncos are still doing better than I originally expected but losing to the clowns in silver and black last night might be the end of our play-off hopes. Can't see us beating the Eagles next week and there are too many teams in the hunt now ready to claim those wild card places when our inability to win in December strikes again.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
It appears that Shanahan will be at the Redskins next season from the stories coming out of the states.

My Broncos are still doing better than I originally expected but losing to the clowns in silver and black last night might be the end of our play-off hopes. Can't see us beating the Eagles next week and there are too many teams in the hunt now ready to claim those wild card places when our inability to win in December strikes again.

Be good to see the Dawk back at the Linc. Eagles now looking to win out and clinch the second seed in the NFC with the Vikes stuttering.

Go Birds

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004

yes, i can but hope. we'll end up with holmgren or someone. i'm pretty gutted by how things panned out for the bears, really thought we'd do much better this year. oh well, onwards and upwards.

see the emails have started dripping out about the superbash (o2 again) and the emails for register of interest for tickets for the two nfl games in the uk next year are coming this week. be good to have two games over here from my selfish 'get to go' point of view but i'd be miffed if leeds upped and left to play in america for a league game, especially when the nfl teams have so few home games to start off with. oh well.

bring the bears over. :thumbsup:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
yes, i can but hope. we'll end up with holmgren or someone. i'm pretty gutted by how things panned out for the bears, really thought we'd do much better this year. oh well, onwards and upwards.

see the emails have started dripping out about the superbash (o2 again) and the emails for register of interest for tickets for the two nfl games in the uk next year are coming this week. be good to have two games over here from my selfish 'get to go' point of view but i'd be miffed if leeds upped and left to play in america for a league game, especially when the nfl teams have so few home games to start off with. oh well.

bring the bears over. :thumbsup:

Holmgren's just gone to the Browns, so I doubt you'll be getting him. How does one go about getting involved in these emails for the London games next year? Seeing as I now live there I may try and go...

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Week 17 fixtures...

WEEK 17
Sunday, January 3
Atlanta at Tampa Bay
Chicago at Detroit
Cincinnati at New York Jets
Indianapolis at Buffalo
Jacksonville at Cleveland
New England at Houston,
New Orleans at Carolina
New York Giants at Minnesota
Philadelphia at Dallas
Pittsburgh at Miami
San Francisco at St. Louis
Baltimore at Oakland
Green Bay at Arizona
Kansas City at Denver
Tennessee at Seattle
Washington at San Diego

White-knuckle ride ahead for some teams.

Steelers have to get past Miami and hope other results go their way.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
going to be a great sunday night. hopefully we'll get back from the scum quickly so i can be safely positioned in front of the gamepass and not miss too much. so many possible scenarios

NFL.com Blogs

game of the season for da bears on monday night. that'll be the highlight for us i think. ha.

baltimore to beat oakland and make the steelers miss out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here